Forecast Channel - Wednesday Dec 20th

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Wow, they sprung this on us: http://us.wii.com/wiichannel_gallery.jsp

You'll be able to spin globes like crazy in less than two days. The news channel is coming Jan 27th, too.

Unfortunately this information is only available on the US site. No news about when it'll be available for other territories, although I assume the same day.

Posted by Dexter

Oh, cool, only about 24 hours away! I wonder if it'll be something I use regularly or something I just mess around with from time to time.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

New possible Halo video > this

lol not really since the Halo thing will suck. Anywho, I'll never use this, though I'll have fun spinning the world and laughing for a good two minutes. Also, it probably won't even have a listing for my town, or it will be wrong. So **** that.

Posted by Dexter

Anyone remember/know of "spin the planet" from Thumb Wars? Yeah, I'm going to do that!

It's out already in Europe - I went to bed last night and just before I fell asleep the blue light flashed on. It's nifty, but I can't see myself using it all that much.

Posted by Polluti0n

Its already out in Boston too, when I got back from school at 2:00 PM my blue-light was on. Its also much better than watching the Weather Channel since it is much quicker.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Dexter: Anyone remember/know of "spin the planet" from Thumb Wars? Yeah, I'm going to do that!

I <3 you.

Let's play spin the planet Dex! SPIN FASTER!

Anyway, this will come in handy for me when I get my Wii. Since I check the weatehr channel atleast 10 times a day.

Posted by Dexter

I was going to be disappointed if no one knew of spin the planet. Almost as disappointed as I would be if I walked into class and went "who you gonna call?" and had no one respond with "Ghostbusters!"

Posted by Killer Jordo

So would I, I'd be so dissapointed in my generation.

So, it only shows weather from Toronto. This is a piece of ****.

What the **** are you talking about. No it doesn't.

There's no St. Catharines and Toronto is the closest listing near me.

Posted by Speedfreak

...did you select Canada as your country and St Catharines as your town?

Pretty sure St. Catharines didn't show up. Which is why I chose the next closest thing.

Posted by Speedfreak

Well then...

...BLAME CANADA.

I blame Stephen Harper mostly.

Posted by ccrocker58

As gamers, this will have a minimal impact on us, but for the non-gamer clique Nintendo is aiming for, this is a good idea; it's loads faster than waiting for your local forecast on the Weather Channel...only...it isn't as accurate as I'd hoped it'd be, at least not for my area.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I blame Stephen Harper mostly.

I have no idea who that is, so an image popped up in my mind of Ben Harper, and it was hilarious.

Posted by Colonel

Good! Now all I have to do is update it.

Quoted post: I have no idea who that is, so an image popped up in my mind of Ben Harper, and it was hilarious.

Canadian Prime Minster. He can out-dick anyone from the States.

Posted by Bebop

I hope developers incorporate this into games. Could be a nice touch.

Posted by Dexter

Just checked it out. Fun, basic stuff.

Is there any possible way to organize the channels or do you just have to deal with the way they give them to you?

Hold B+A over the channel and drag it.

I've had the News Channel four pages over out of view for a week or so now. I'm sure it'll get put back on the main page once it actually does anything.

Posted by Dexter

Thanks Vampy. I've been trying to figure that out for awhile.

What about the limit? If you fill out all the room you have, what happens then? Do you just have to remove games to make room for new ones or can it expand somehow?

You can remove games and download them later for free, or transfer them onto a memory card.

But seriously, there's like eighty slots there.

Posted by Drewboy64

Imagine this: Animal Crossing Wii uses information from the Forecast channel to determine what the weather is in game.

I like to play with the globe.

Aye, that's the use I see for it. Or Harvest Moon, or pretty much any game. Sports games, even. That would also incorporate a news ticker.

I could see the next Wind Waker using it.

Ugh, meaning that the wind in the game reflects the actual wind? That'd SUCK.

Wind Waker 2 (you know, not Phantom Hourglass) doesn't actually have to be Wind Waker 2. Just the next Zelda game that uses that graphical style. Otherwise you'd have to wait for a windy day to sail a ship... and, come on.

Fair enough.

Oh man. Oh MAN. Pokémon RPG on Wii using it. With in-battle effects.

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Wings] or transfer them onto a memory card.

No. No you cant. Stop lying to us all.

Posted by Speedfreak

I really don't see Animal Crossing using the weather channel. Otherwise England will essentially become the black market for coelecanths.

Just change the forecast channel so it displays a sunnier city.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Just change the forecast channel so it displays a sunnier city.

Or, you know, dont use it all the time in Animal Crossing. Not only that it never snows in England. Last time I saw snow was a few years back.

No one cares about Europe anyways.

Posted by Bebop

Did you say somthing CANADIAN FILTH?

We piggy back off the US, who everyone cares about :)

Posted by Bebop

Im afraid not sir. 99% of people outside of Canada dont know Canada exists. Its a fact. Look it up.

No, they know it exists. They just think it's a barren wasteland covered in thirty feet of snow.

Posted by Axis

Wait, it isn't?

At least not all of Canada. It's only snowed once here so far :(

Quoting Bebop: No. No you cant. Stop lying to us all.

You can't transfer the stock ones, but you can with VC games and the Internet Channel. There's no way that Nintendo are going to launch sixty channels. And even if they do, you're not going to download all of them, are you.

Posted by Bebop

You cant transfer any VC games to a memory card. It says in the manual. I dont beleive you.

You can't transfer them to a GameCube memory card. You can transfer them to an SD card, though. I did it with Sonic - it took ages, but it still went there.

Posted by Dexter

Wait, but you still can't load that VC game into another Wii, right?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Just change the forecast channel so it displays a sunnier city.
1) Becoming the black market for coelecanths would be a GOOD thing for UK players, fool.

2) That destroys the point of using actual weather readings if you're going to use a city on the other side of the planet.

3) If this is sarcasm it's neither funny nor clever. You're either a blatent idiot or a humourless s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]itbag. Take your pick.

Humourless ****bag sounds pretty cool.

Quoting Dexter: Wait, but you still can't load that VC game into another Wii, right?

No, probably not.

Posted by Axis

Speedy's title is a lie. A lie, I tell you!