Dark Secret - Day 9

Posted by Roxas Lover

Well here it is. Sorry for the long wait, long chapter, and lame parts.
--
Dark Secret – Day 9

--Field somewhere in East Shibumi--

The sun was high in the sky, shining in a bright yellow. Hotaru looked around at the field, “Why am I here?” she thought to herself. “The last time I was here was before Dad…” she stopped talking. She saw a familiar figure a few yards away. She began to run toward the figure, “That can’t be him!” she told herself, “It just can’t!” As soon as she reached the figure she realized that it was the person who she thought was dead for 6 years, it was her father. “Dad!” she yelled and threw her arms out to hug him but she just went through him, “What?” She looked at her father and noticed that he was staring at something. She turned to see what it was he was looking at, and then saw someone who she hasn’t seen in 6 years, the man who killed her father, Ryo. “What’s he doing here?!” she asked in an angry voice. “Why are you joining with the heartbrid, Ryo?!” her father yelled. “Because they have the power I need to take back what is rightfully mine!” Ryo answered. “And what would that be?” asked her father. “That cross around Hotaru’s neck.” he answered back. “What? That has been in our family for years!” Hotaru’s father answered back. “Yes but, a long time ago, before it was a part of your family’s treasures, it was my family’s most powerful weapon that we used to rule all of Shibumi with, until one of your ancestors stole it.” “Even if that is true, what makes you think that you can use the power of the heartbrid to take it from Hotaru? You know that only she can take the necklace off.” “Yes, I know that. That is why when I gain the power, I’ll turn her into a heartbrid and then take the necklace from her.” “I won’t allow that to happen.” her father said glaring at Ryo. “That is why I am going to get rid of you first.” Ryo said with a smirk on his face. Hotaru was surprised by the entire conversation. She was there the very day her father died but she didn’t hear the conversation because she was too far away. Then she saw a huge army of heartbrids behind Ryo. Ryo’s eyes were glowing with the same hate that the heartbrids eyes have always had. They then leapt from behind Ryo, on top of Hotaru’s father and forced into a pool of darkness. Hotaru heard her dad scream and saw him drowning into a pool of darkness. She fell to her knees and covered her eyes, she couldn’t bear to see this scene anymore. She felt tears fall down her face and she then she screamed, “NO!”

--Unknown Area--

Hotaru jolted up from the floor. She was covered in a cold sweat and felt the tears on her face. “It was just a dream.” she thought to herself. She began to get up from the ground, her knees felt like jelly, “I must have been out for a long time.” Her eyes had adjusted to the darkness and had finally got a look around the room she was in. The room was small and had three walls and cell door about five feet ahead. “Where am I?” she asked herself. Then she felt something tight her wrists. She looked at her wrists and saw a metal bracelet on both wrists that had chains connected from the wall behind her to the bracelet. “What the hell is going on here?!” she exclaimed. “Good you’re awake.” said a familiar voice that came from the direction of the cell door. She then saw the person who she had hoped she’d never have to see again, Ryo. “Ryo?!”

--Destiny Island--

“So Sora, have you been to the heartbrid’s base?” asked Anara. “I don’t know, maybe. Everything is a blur to me. I don’t remember very much.” Sora replied. “Well, why don’t you tell us what you do remember, then we’ll have Sara search your mind for the rest.” said Anara. “Hey, where’s Kousuke?” asked Sara, searching the room. “He’s in Hotaru’s room. Hotaru’s kidnapping has been really hard on him.” said Kairi with a concerned look on her face. “I know it has been hard on all of us, but it has been the hardest on him.” said Anara. “Let’s just leave him alone and finish up with Sora.” said Kairi, walking over to the couch and sitting down next to Sora. “Ok. Now Sora, tell us all you remember.” said Anara. “I remember a lot of names and I think a location, but that’s all.” he replied. “That’s better than nothing. Go on.” Anara said. “I remember a guy named Kokiro, a girl named Kay, I remember Riku being there too.” he replied. “Yeah, we know them. Go on.” Sara said. Everyone had an eager look on their faces. “I remember someone mentioning your friend Hotaru, someone named Ryo, I think is was the leader, and another kid, I can’t remember his name though.” he said. “I wonder who Ryo is.” Kairi said. “I remember Hotaru mentioning the name Ryo once before when we were younger.” said Sara. “Well we’ll find out later. Sora, you said you thought you remembered a location?” “Yes. It was an island on somewhere on a world called Promise.” he replied. Kousuke had just come out of Hotaru’s room with a surprised look on his face. “What’s the matter Kousuke?” asked Kairi. “It’s weird.” Kousuke replied. “What’s weird?” asked Anara. “I swear I have heard of that world before, but what’s even weirder is that I think I have been there before.” he answered. “Weird.” said Sara, “Are you even from Shibumi?” “To be honest, I don’t remember.” he replied. “Well we’ll get to that later. Do you know where Promise is?” Anara asked Sora. “I have a feeling of where it is but I am not sure.” Sora said. “Ok, then Sara do you think you can search his mind for it?” “Yeah, sure.” Sara answered. Sara brought her fingers and pressed them against her temples and shut her eyes. She sent out psychic waves to Sora’s mind. She searched and searched for the coordinates to Promise, then finally found them. “Ok, I have the coordinates.” she said. “Good, then let’s get going.” said Anara. They then headed out for the Gummi Ship.

--Jail Cell on Promise--

“What are you doing here?! And where am I?!” Hotaru demanded. “You are in my castle on an uncharted island on the world of Promise.” he explained. “Why am I here?” she asked. “That will all be explained to you soon Hotaru.” he answered back. “It’s because of my cross, isn’t it?” “Yes, well part of the reason. Like I said, it will all be explained later.” he said, “I just came to check up on you.” “How sweet.” she replied sarcastically. “If you don’t mind I am in a hurry for something. So I just came by to introduce your guard, Kokiro.” “Oh great, him again.” “Oh, don’t talk like that, dear Hotaru.” said Kokiro, stepping from behind Ryo. “I shall leave you now.” said Ryo as he disappeared into a pool of darkness. “Where’s he going in such a hurry?” Hotaru asked as she sat down on the cold, cement floor. “He’s going to find Riku.” Kokiro answered. “Riku?” “Yes, that annoying brother of yours. Just shut up and sit there, I am not in the mood answer your stupid questions.” “Harsh.” said an unfamiliar voice. “Go away, I don’t want to deal with you small fry.” said Kokiro. “Like you should talk.” the voice said sarcastically. A boy then walked in front of the cell door. Hotaru got a good look at him. He was looked about 13, had silver eyes and hair that fell just a little bit below his ears. He wore a black short sleeved shirt with long, slightly baggy, black pants. He also wore a short silver cloak with a silver scarf. She noticed that on his wrist was a bracelet made of beautiful silver and white feathers. He was about the same height of Kokiro. “I am getting sick of you kid.” Kokiro said. “Don’t call me kid!” the boy said. “Just go away.” “You have no right to tell me what to do. And besides I want to talk to the girl.” “No way small fry, Ryo said not let anyone near her, especially you.” “You think you can stop me?” the boy said raising his fists as if getting ready for a fight. “I don’t want to deal with you now, so let’s just get this over with.” Kokiro said pulling out his daggers.

--Kokiro vs. Boy--

Kokiro raised his daggers and then jumped in the air. He brought his daggers down and tried to stab the boy in the head, but the boy was too quick and jumped out of the way. “**** you kid!” shouted Kokiro, as he landed on the ground. “I said don’t call me kid!” the boy yelled in anger. The boy charged at Kokiro with full force and brought up his hands, as if to claw out Kokiro’s eyes out, but the problem was, he didn’t have any claws. Hotaru then saw the boy’s finger tips glow. From the glowing ends of his finger tips grew white, extremely sharp bird talons. The boy stabbed his claws into Kokiro’s chest. Kokiro fell to his knees and clutched his chest.

--Aftermath--

“Damn you.” Kokiro whispered as he faded away into a pool of darkness. “He’ll be back.” said the boy. “What are you?” asked Hotaru, staring at the boy in aw. The boy turned to Hotaru and said, “Before I explain, let me introduce us.” “Us?” asked Hotaru. “Yes, us. My name is Sai and my owl friend sitting on top of your head is Nori-nori.” Sai said. “Huh?” Hotaru asked. She then felt small feet walking on her head. The feet had little talons too, but they were so small that they didn’t hurt. She then saw that there was an owl on her sitting on her shoulder now. It was a small dwarf owl that had pure white feathers and bright yellow eyes and a black beak. The owl rubbed against Hotaru’s check and smiled. “Aww, she’s so cute!” Hotaru exclaimed. She tried to bring her hand over to pet Nori-nori on the head, but then winced in pain. She had forgotten about the chains around her wrists. She then sighed and then leaned against the wall. “I’m sorry that you’re in there Hotaru.” “Why are you sorry? Aren’t you one of them?” “Not really.” “Excuse me?” “I am not one of them, but according to Ryo, I will be as soon as he’s finished with you.” “You mean when he turns me into a heartbrid and takes my necklace?” “Yes. After that he says that with his new power he’ll be able to control me.” “Well I’m not letting him take this necklace.” Hotaru said, clutching her necklace. “I know that’s why I came to help you out of here.” Sai said as he stuck his hand into the jail cell. In his hands was a ring of three keys.

--Gummi Ship--

“Are we there yet?” asked Sara. “Yes, in fact we are just about to land.” replied Anara. “Sora, we’re in Promise’s atmosphere, look down and tell us which island Hotaru is being held on.” said Kairi. Sora walked over and looked out the widow at the many islands. Kousuke was also looking out at the world too. “I swear I have been here before.” Kousuke thought to himself, “But when and why?” Sora looked carefully at the islands; he then pointed at an island that looked to be isolated from the others and said, “That one.” “Are you sure?” asked Anara, hesitantly. “Yes.” he replied. “Ok then, prepare for landing.” Anara said. Everyone sat down in there chairs and waited for the landing. Anara landed the ship in between a forest of trees and then opened the door.

--Island--

Everyone walked onto the strange island and looked at their surroundings. Even though the trees were thick with leaves, everyone saw the huge castle that was up ahead. “That’s where she is, I’m sure of it.” said Sora. “Good, now let’s go.” said Kousuke, leading the group. “We’re coming to rescue you Hotaru.” Kousuke thought, “Just wait a little longer.” They had walked to the end of the forest and reached the front of the castle. “This is just too easy.” said Sara. “I know, be on your guard.” said Anara. Kairi stood close to Sora and asked, “Do you remember anything about the castle?” “I remember that the leader had some heartbrid guarding the entrance and some of the hallways.” he replied. “Then let’s be careful and not attract too much attention.” said Anara. Kousuke led the others to the door and then stopped. “Look.” he whispered. Everyone saw the two heartbrids guarding the door. “How are we going to get past them?” Kairi asked. “Leave that to me.” said Kousuke with a smile on his face. He then drew a transmutation circle on the ground, chanted a few words, and then a long trail of light shot out from the circle. The trail circled around the two heartbrid and then caused a huge hole to open up from the ground. The two heartbrid immediately fell into the hole. Kousuke chanted a few more words and closed the hole up, without leaving a trace of anything behind. “Wow, Kousuke!” exclaimed Sara. “Ok, now let’s go in.” said Kousuke. The walked up to the door and it surprisingly opened, as if they were expecting them.

--Throne Room--

As they walked in, a long hallway stood in front of them. At the end of the hall was an open area that had what looked like a throne. “She must be somewhere down there.” said Anara. “Then let’s go.” Kousuke said. They ran down the hall to the throne. In the throne sat a man in an organization cloak, with his hood up. “Who are you and where’s Hotaru?!” Kousuke shouted. “Calm down.” said the man, “we are taking good care of her. My name is Ryo.” “So you’re Ryo.” said Sara. “Yes, that’s right. And I am so sorry that you won’t get to see Hotaru before you die.” He then raised his arm and signaled an army of heartbrids to come forth. “Kill them.” Ryo instructed. The army charged at the group. “Get ready for battle!” shouted Anara.

--Jail cell--

“You’re really going to help me?” asked Hotaru. “Yes, I am.” Sai replied as he threw the ring of keys to Hotaru. She caught the keys and tried the first key, “Why should I trust you?” The chain on her left wrist unlocked and fell off she then tried the other one. “Because one, I don’t want to turn into one of them.” “And two?” Hotaru asked as she unlocked the other chain. “The second reason is that I don’t want you to turn into a heartbrid for a stupid reason.” “And why is that?” she asked as she stood up. Nori-nori then flew off Hotaru’s shoulder and flew back to Sai. “Because something like this has happened to someone I was close to before and I don’t want it to happen again.” Sai explained as he pet Nori-nori on the head. “What happened?” Hotaru asked as she unlocked the cell door. The door opened and she walked out into the gray brick dungeon.

Posted by Roxas Lover

--Hallway--

“I’ll explain later. Come on, we have to hurry.” he said as he began running down the hall. Hotaru was very hesitant but followed anyway. “I think I can trust him, he seems like a good kid.” “I heard that.” Sai said annoyed, “Hurry up.” Hotaru caught up with him and they came to the end of the hall to a worn, wooden door. “Now as soon as I get you to the front, you’ll have to go on by yourself.” Sai said. “Why?” Hotaru asked. Sai hesitated, but he then took off his scarf. Hotaru could see a metal collar on his neck. “It shocks me with a high voltage if I try to leave the castle.” Sai explained. Hotaru noticed a keyhole on the side of the collar. She thought to herself for a moment then said, “I think I can unlock that collar with this other key.” She pointed to the last key on the ring. “I’ve already tried that. I almost had it, but then it shocked me.” “Let me try it.” “But what if it shocks you?” “Then I’ll have to live with it. You helped me out of that cell so I’ll help you out of this collar.” Sai stared at Hotaru confused and asked, “You’d really do that for me?” “Sure.” Hotaru put the key into the keyhole and began to turn the key; the collar then began to beep and sent out a shock wave that began to shock both Hotaru and Sai. Hotaru shut her eyes and grinned in pain, but still tried harder. “Just stop! It’s no use!” Sai yelled. Hotaru still didn’t give up. The shock wave caused pain in every part of her body, but she still didn’t give up. She began to scream in pain and frustration. After a hard struggle the collar finally gave in and unlocked. The shock wave stopped and the collar fell off. Hotaru fell to her knees and gasped for air. Sai rubbed his neck and had a surprised look on his face. Hotaru stood up, smiled, and said, “See, I did it.” “Thank you.” said Sai, wrapping his scarf back around his neck. “I trust you enough now to ask you this, do you want to become a member of me and my friend’s group?” she asked. Sai thought for a minute and said, “Sure.” “Ok, then let’s get out of here.” “Right.” said Sai. He opened the door and led Hotaru out into a series of hallways. “This way.” Sai said. They ran and ran through the halls. Every Hall looked the same. “How do you know where we are going?” Hotaru asked. “I have been here a long time and I have had Nori-nori scout the halls.” Sai replied. Nori-nori was flying in front of them, leading the way. They followed Nori-nori and then came up to a small door. They heard people fighting. “Your friend’s must have come to rescue you.” said Sai. “Kousuke’s here.” Hotaru thought with a smile. “Let’s go.” said Sai. “But I don’t have my sword.” “Use that cross of yours, it is bound to have some powers.” “But I don’t know what to do.” “Don’t worry. It’ll come to you.” They opened the door and charged in.

--Throne Room--

“There are too many of them!” shouted Sara as she shot three heartbrid. “Keep going! We have to find Hotaru and get out of here!” Anara yelled back as she killed four more of them with her claws. “FIRAGA!” shouted Kairi, and a large wave of fire shout out at the heartbrid army, cutting their numbers in half. Ryo laughed and called forth more heartbrid. “It’s no use, he just keeps calling up more!” Kairi shouted. A heartbrid jumped in the air and dived towards Kairi. She put her arms up to protect her head, but Sora came up from behind her and killed the heartbrid with his keyblades. “Thanks.” Kairi said, and kissed Sora on the cheek. Sora turned red and said, “Don’t mention it.” Sora went back to killing all the heartbrids he could. Kousuke was striking all the heartbrid he could with a sword he created with his alchemy. “Let’s just get out of here and find Hotaru!” Kousuke shouted. They then heard someone shout, “Die!” Everyone turned to the person shouting, even Ryo, and saw Sai attacking the heartbrids. “Sai! How dare you betray me!” Ryo shouted. Ryo reached for a control and pushed a button, but nothing happened. “What?!” Ryo exclaimed in confusion. “That doesn’t work anymore.” Sai said with a smile on his face. He pulled off his scarf and showed Ryo that the collar was gone. “How?” Ryo asked. “That would be because of me.” said Hotaru stepping in front of Sai. “Hotaru!” Kousuke shouted and he ran over to her. Hotaru ran over to Kousuke too and they hugged. Sai had an angry look on his face when he saw Kousuke and Hotaru together. “Ok you two break it up.” he said, “We have to get out of here.” “What do you mean we?” asked Anara killing more heartbrid. “I bringing him with us.” said Hotaru after she let go of Kousuke, “He helped me out and then I helped him. He’s agreed to come with us.” “I don’t know.” said Kousuke. “He’s coming whether you like it or not Kousuke.” Hotaru said with a smile. Sai killed a few more heartbrids with his talons and shouted, “Let’s get out of here!” “Right!” Anara shouted. They all turned and ran towards the door. “Riku stop them!” shouted Ryo. “Riku?” asked Hotaru. Riku then came up from a pool of darkness. He had a smirk on his face and then charged at everyone. “Don’t let them escape!” Ryo shouted. Riku brought up his keyblade and began striking everything around him. Anara protected herself with her claws, Sara dodged the attacks, Sora protected Kairi with his keyblade, and Kousuke put up his sword. Riku kept charging on at Hotaru and Sai. Hotaru stood in front of Sai. “Get out of the way!” shouted Sai. “No, I’m going to protect you.” she said. Everyone stared at her in amazement, but Riku kept on charging. Hotaru brought her hands up to her cross, clutched it with her hands, closed her eyes, and a whispered a little prayer. After the prayer was done, she let go of the cross and the gem in the middle began to glow with a blinding light. The light caused time to freeze. The only things that were able to move were Hotaru and the others. “Quick, we have to get out of here before time starts again!” Hotaru shouted. Everyone began to run as fast as they can. Hotaru was falling behind because the power of the cross drained her. Kousuke and Sai stopped. “Go! I’ll get her.” yelled Sai. Sai ran over to Hotaru, picked her up, and said, “Hold on tight.” Hotaru wrapped her arms around Sai’s neck. Sai’s back began to glow and then huge sliver wings grew from his back. He ran with Hotaru in his arms and then jumped in the air. He began to fly faster than anyone could run. Kousuke had to run faster because he had stayed behind, because he was about to go over and help Hotaru. “Come on Kousuke!” Anara shouted, she was already at the door with Sara, Kairi, and Sora. Sai and Hotaru reached the door in a matter of minutes. Kousuke had finally caught up. They opened the door and ran outside.

--Island--

Nori-nori was already outside. Time had finally started again and everyone heard a small explosion coming from the throne room. “What was that?” asked Sara. “It was a small explosion that was caused by my cross’ power. I don’t think it killed anything but the heartbrid.” replied Hotaru. Sai let Hotaru down and then he put his wings away and landed on the ground. Nori-nori landed on Sai’s shoulder. “Where did you learn how to use your cross?” asked Kairi. “I don’t know. It all just came to me.” “Well, it was pretty awesome.” said Sora. “Thank you.” Hotaru said. The others showed Hotaru and Sai where the gummi ship was. “So Sai can come with us right?” asked Hotaru. “I guess so.” said Anara, “He did help us out back there.” “But, Sai, tell me, what are you?” asked Kousuke. “I am a bird demon.” answered Sai. “How can you do all that stuff you did back there?” Kousuke asked. “Kousuke stop asking him questions, he’s had a rough past it seems.” Hotaru said. “Fine.” Kousuke said, “But I have my eye on you kid.” “Don’t call me kid!” he shouted. Everyone began to laugh except for Sai, who looked mad. He then looked at Hotaru and then smiled. “Ok, now let’s get off this island.” said Anara. She opened the door and everyone went inside. Then they flew back to Destiny Islands.
--
Sorry it took two posts.

Posted by Sak

I'm jealous of your chapter's greatness...

There were a few really minor errors though

- it's the Destiney Islands, not Island
- you forgot the first "a" in "Firaga"
- the plural of heartbrid is heartbrids (well at least I think it is...)

Posted by Roxas Lover

Well I was in a hurry to finsh it.
Sorry.
Where was the heartbrid mistake?

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: Well I was in a hurry to finsh it.
Sorry.

Everyone makes mistakes Roxas, and those errors really didn't matter cuz...
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="7"]YOUR CHAPTER KICKED ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/COLOR]
_____
The heartbrid mistake was during one of the fight scenes and the part with Hotaru's father.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Thank you!
--
Oh well. I'll just leave it.
--
I feel that my description of Sai is too black and silver (note those are the only colors he wears). Is that a bad thing?

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover:
I feel that my description of Sai is too black and silver (note those are the only colors he wears). Is that a bad thing?

No, not really.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Ok. I just feel that I could have done better.

Posted by Sak

Wow, I just realised that there are 82 threads in this sub forum, and it still doesn't have nearly as many posts as smoothie shop does. lol.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Oh well.

Posted by Sak

Dudes, I just wanted to let you guys know that I might not get either of the new chapters that I have to write in until next week. I've got a lot of work to do this week : I've got two labs to do, a science unit test, a social studies test, and a moc trial.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Wow. And all before Christmas?

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: Wow. And all before Christmas?

Yes, all before Christmas.

Posted by Roxas Lover

I feel sorry for you.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: I feel sorry for you.

My teachers are EVIL. :p:

Posted by Roxas Lover

Not as evil as mine.

Posted by Special Agent Bob

I love writing things!

What you writing?