wii line stories!!!!!

Posted by pooper_scooper3

i love hearing stories of ignorant old people and the misery of people in lines here is mine.

now i was lucky. very lucky. UNBELIEVABLY LUCKY. k so i go to a zellers at 6:30 in the morning and i'm first woot then a nice couple then an old lady then another lady so we're all hangin out someone went and got hot chocolate it was great then they tell us there are only two so two of the four people go. then the store opens and this fat lady tries to get to electronics before me and the people who were waiting but the wiis were at the customer service desk so the people who waited went and got them then this fat lady comes to the desk and starts yelling and screaming and i just laughed and it was hilarious we laughed at her and the people working gave her the most attitude and she was like "your flyer says to be here at 8 and i'm here" then i was like i have been here since 6:30 and shes like "why didn't the flyer say that" and i'm like well you have to get there early and shes like "well... uhhh... i deserve one i was here on time" so i laughed and walked away. i'm glad that ***** didn't get one!

my story is not that good so give me some good ones cause i luv'em :canada2:

Posted by Dexter

I've already shared my story, as well as many other, but...

We brought tons of cookies. Over 150 delicious cookies. We just ate goodies and had a few enjoyable conversations with other gamers.

Posted by ccrocker58

I had mine preordered...but...i did chill at my mall from 3am to opening to get that preorder ticket...had nothing but horrid white castle breakfast food, my DS, and my laptop...was lonly til some other guy finally showed at 6am.

Posted by s0ul

I typed out a really long account of the experience, but then I realized it's better summarized.

Kicked some super nerdy kid's *** at Smash and Kart and felt guilty because that's all he has. :(

Posted by GameMiestro

I saw a line of a dozen or so people last night sitting outside a Target, obivously waiting overnight for the Wii. I was tempted to sit facing them all and start playing "Canned Heat" on Elite Beat Agents- on full volume- while loudly recalling how easy it was to get this DS in the first place, but I felt a little pity for them, so I just left.

Posted by Dexter

They all got their friends and fellow gamers around, so there's really nothing to pity. I don't regret waiting in line. It was plenty of fun.

Posted by Polluti0n

Well I reserved mine at a Game Stop and came there at about 5:00 AM that Sunday morning. I was the second one there and they were only going to have 8 in stock. Then around 6:00 AM a father with a couple kids came, probably 3rd or 4th graders. They were so friggin' annoying screaming "WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!" and "Did the Wii's come yet?" over and over. I really wanted to say "SHUT UP!" but I'd probably make them wet themselves since I have a loud voice. After they went for a bathroom break and I was there listening to music from my PSP, another couple came then trailing them was a man. The guy in front of us said "A-Men", so I laughed. Then they come back all ticked off because there now 5th in line. They were still annoying but I packed some snacks with me so I was fine. Then at 7:30 the shipment came in, how lucky am I? Then at 7:40 I got my Wii, the annoying "pip-squeaks" got their Wii and they were fight over the bag with the box in it and they dropped it (HAHAHAHA!). They tried to exchange it but the cashier said "No" because there was still people waiting inline. I saw 7 people walk away depressed that they didn't get the Wii which sucks for them. So thats what happened while I was waiting inline, not much action but annoyance.

Posted by Echo

The only thing that happened to me in line was that I loaned my DS stylus to the guy next to me because I was playing FF3 and didn't need it and I forgot to get it back from him, so I now have no stylus for my DS. Hopefully I'll be getting one or two for Christmas, though, because I haven't needed it since I've just been playing FF3.

Other than that, though, it was a fairly enjoyable 11 hours. A few of my friends stopped by towards the end to keep me company, but most of the time I either played DS or talked with the other people in line.

Posted by Colonel

ahem.....The story of getting my Nintendo Wii..........I pre-ordered it. Saved me from waiting in line for hours. Smartest move ever made.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I have a video of when I was first in the city to get a Wii right here. I just need to find a decent editor.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Colonel: ahem.....The story of getting my Nintendo Wii..........I pre-ordered it. Saved me from waiting in line for hours. Smartest move ever made.

More like, worst move. Camping with my friends in the lay-away section of Wal-Mart was the most fun I'd had in ages, and I'm not a man who lacks fun times.

Posted by Colonel

Yeah that does sound like fun, but none of my friends were getting a Wii so it would have been just me and my DS. Not fun.

Posted by hypnotize_

None of your friends were getting a Wii, or you don't have friends? :)

Posted by Dexter

I had a few friends join us who weren't even going to get Wiis or care about them much. They just came to see us and have a fun time.