Lost Planet

Posted by Last Fog

Who besides me is looking forward to this? I played the single player demo a long time ago and it really impressed me. The game is gorgeous and the environments are so big and intimidating. It seems like just a mindless shooter which will probably be paired with a ridiculous story, but still a lot of fun. For some reason I can't get the multiplayer demo to download, but I heard it has some problems. I'm not worried though, I'm sure Capcom will fix any bugs.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Spoilers: It was earth the whole time. Not even kidding. It's ****ing planet of the apes with snow.

Anywho, I know this game isn't going to be that fantastic, but by *** I'm looking forward to it. The Live demo was great, and the issues it did have are being fixed with a launch-day patch. This includes lobby fixes, bigger text, performance, you name it.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, I plan on buying this one. Looks fun for the single player alone.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, I loved the single player demo. It was hilariously glitchy, but it seemed to be a solid game. I don't even know why, but I'm pretty excited for it.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

yeah i played the demo at a gamestop not too long ago, pretty good so far. all that game did though was just give me an extra reason to buy a 360.

Posted by Random

I really enjoyed the demo. I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I am not as pumped as I should be for this game, with so many other great games comming out I might skip on this one, 2 new maps in gears and crackdown with halo 3 beta will keep me busy for a long time.

Posted by Reachel

I am currently playing that game...it is good, and I do like how the action fits in. The single is fun, but I haven't tried multi anyway great game and all but being knocked all over the place from teh monster's attacks gets annoying >.>;; thus I am not being smart to use some dodge that was built in. But everything else I do like. Also I thought it was earth also when I played it looked like the planet was actually warmer back then or how far back it went, there were cars and like destroyed buildings that looked similar to the earth...>.>; so I thought it was earth but didnt know for sure anyway. I just wanted to comment on that.

Posted by WackoHater2

It looks good to me. I will probably rent it and play it on my friend's 360 if he doesn't buy it.

Posted by misogenie

Giant bugs, Giant robotech walkers, plenty of daylight action where details of colour standout - this will keep me busy and from being impatient for Xbox360's Halo 3. Dark areas like underground caves and night time action are not my kind of style such as Gears Of War. Nocturnal gamers like gloomy games.

Posted by KoH

Graphically: It's amazing. One of the best graphically intense and impressive games out there for any of the new platforms.

Gameplay: Not bad. I enjoy the TPS style of play, and the fact that you have a grappling hook is pretty neat. Guns and mechs add some pretty fun enjoyment as well. They combined old fashioned TPS with mech action pretty **** well.

Story: ****. Not only do not give a **** if anyone important dies, but half of what's going on doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

[quote=misogenie;528791]Giant bugs, Giant robotech walkers, plenty of daylight action where details of colour standout - this will keep me busy and from being impatient for Xbox360's Halo 3. Dark areas like underground caves and night time action are not my kind of style such as Gears Of War. Nocturnal gamers like gloomy games.

You realize that a majority of the game requires you to be in buildings or caves, right?

Posted by Last Fog

It's a fun game, but for me it took awhile to get into it. At first I hated it then it grew on me after a little while. It can get annoying in the later levels where the bigger enemies knock you down over and over just as you try to get up. The visuals are gorgeous, which is mostly why I got the game. As for the story, I really couldn't say cause I skip all the cutscenes.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I actually rented this game… I was sick and needed some achievements so I said what the hell and played it. Single player was actually fun, beat it on easy and currently going back through it to pick up the hidden tm’s for achievements. There’s not too much replay value in this game, good/great rental while you wait for some of the bigger games to come out…. Like… ummm… screw it, I mean until the Halo 3 beta comes out -)

The Live on this game is horrendous… sorry not my cup of iced tea… I was just waiting for the round to end and never plan on playing it again. You actually unlock skins for your live character by beating the single player.

Posted by s0ul

Just picked this up last night, my excitement for it had kinda faded around the time it came out, but I now have a lot of money to waste, so I figured what the hell, I'll buy it. Gonna wait on playing it 'til it'll go towards the 1,500 I need for my FREE CONTRA!!!!

Posted by Creedence

Lost Planet is awesome, I done beat it, but the last fight was kind of strange. All you did was pretty much mash buttons. Anyway did you guys know they made this with the same system as they used in Dead Rising. If your a fan of this then you might love Dead Rising.

... how the **** do you figure that? They're worlds apart in terms of content and gameplay. The only thing similar is the engine, I believe.

plus, it's a mediocre game. Both of them.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Dead Rising... mediocre!!!?????... remind me to send you some bad player feedback on Live vamp.

Dead Rising was cool when it first came out because there was nothing else. Then I beat it completely, then a week passed... then I realised it wasn't all that great and it had a ton of flaws.

Posted by Creedence

Vamp, I was refering to the engine. not the gameplay, next time I'll be more specific.

Posted by DarkSkai

I played the demo it's a nice looking game but it felt like there should be more to it. but that huge shotgun thing was fun. I would take this and crackdown over dead rising. Don't get me wrong dead rising is fun but I got bored after awhile. Fun but gun controls were to slow back to Lost planet the bumper turn thing is somewhat annoying but usefull all at the same time what do you think?

Posted by misogenie

I made it to mission 7 after 2 dozen failures of destroying the rhino monster boss at mission 6 with the grenade launcher and rocket launcher while standing on the building where I got the grenade launcher.

Posted by Leaves07

This game is great, especially the multiplayer. I've only played the demo, but right now I really wanna get this game lol

The demo is pretty decent. The game itself? Not so much. The novelty wears off pretty quick and the single-player gets pretty bad 1/4 of the way in.

Posted by G-Sides

i got bored of it :s i rented it last month and it rocked balls at first but i ended up letting those last two days of the rental just run out before i returned it and tbqh, almost forgot we had the game with us until mom reminded me i needed to go take it back. oh welp.

Posted by Creedence

wtf was up with the last boss anyway, all you did was mash buttons.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Your mom can get LOST on my PLANETs if ya know what I mean...

This game is at my disposal, but I haven't played it yet. Probably because I know it's gonna be terrible without having played it. I'm pretty sure that's it.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah this game is insanely slow and boring. I guess in retrospect it was really easy to see this but it was really pretty and that tricked me. :(

Posted by Creedence

The first/ training level was fun, the rest of it was boring, and the online sucks. But I have a curse, if I start a 3rd person or 1st person shooter, I have to finish it. I beat this and Call of Duty 3, there went several hours of my life I coulda used doing something more fun, like I dunno, poking myself in the eye.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: The first/ training level was fun, the rest of it was boring, and the online sucks. But I have a curse, if I start a 3rd person or 1st person shooter, I have to finish it. I beat this and Call of Duty 3, there went several hours of my life I coulda used doing something more fun, like I dunno, poking myself in the eye.
Haha same here. This game got tiring after 3 or 4 missions, but I dragged through it.