iPod Shuffle

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Anyone have anything to say about it? Im planning on getting one, depending on what is said here.

Posted by brownoystercult

How many songs does it hold? around 200? Personally I like the iPod Mini just cause its small and slick, plus it holds 1000 songs which is more than enough for a middle schooler. You can make your own playlists and such, whereas on the ipod shuffle there randomly generated which will probaly have you skipping alot of songs.

Posted by drumsticks200

Quoting Uchiha Itachi: How many songs does it hold? around 200? Personally I like the iPod Mini just cause its small and slick, plus it holds 1000 songs which is more than enough for a middle schooler. You can make your own playlists and such, whereas on the ipod shuffle there randomly generated which will probaly have you skipping alot of songs.

This is true, and also there are 5 diffrent colors 2 versions one 4 GB(199.99) and 6 GB(249.99), but for the shuffle, its true that'll you'll be only shuffling the whole time, but that's what you'll probably be doing with the mini and you're going to have to pick a good library of songs to refrain from skipping because if you skip it uses up you battery life.It's all up to whatever suits your taste

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Also, the iPod minis came down in price a bit, and they're just awesome to begin with.

Posted by coromoro

If you want to get a Shuffle, just save up a bit more, and get an iPod mini instead.

Posted by higbvuyb

Want a shuffle?
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhusson/3253841/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhusson/3253841/[/url]

Seriously, the shuffle is horrible. People buy it because it has 'iPod' in its name, but it's just a cheap mp3 player with no screen. Also, you can't choose the song. Don't get it. Apparently it cost Apple less than $50 to make, maybe even $30.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting higbvuyb: Also, you can't choose the song.

You can, there's a switch on it that switches between shuffle and normal. Misconception deleted.

Regardless, it is pretty horrible. Avoid it, and if you want something with a similar storage space, get something by Creative or an iPod mini. You don't want to have to use iTunes to load songs and stuff unless the iPod in question is worth using.

It's also dodgy if you load unlistened songs onto it while on shuffle. That'd be a nightmare for me, not knowing what's what...

Posted by Klarth

pff, if you're that desperate get a first-generation iPod like mine. They're only five gigabytes, but they'll cost you the same as an iPod shuffle these days (well, if you get it off ebay) and they've a longer battery life.

Posted by mis0

iPods are just a fasion statement nowadays, and this is the worst entry-level model I've seen.

Posted by junior senior

[B]Thank you.
Do you know how many away messages I've seen this past holiday saying "TrYiNg To FiGuRe OuT hOw To WoRk My NeW iPoD mInI!!!"?[/b]

Posted by loony636

The ipod shuffle is stupid. You can't see what song your listening to, you cant select what song you want to listen to and you can't store that many songs on it. Its pointless. Personally, I'd abandon the ipod thing completely and go for an iRiver. At the very least a Creative Zen. Ipods and iPod shuffles are just weird.

Posted by Klarth

http://www.luxpro-corp.com/e_575d.htm

Thanks for all of the input. I think that I will hold off on getting one. and either keep saving for a Mini (which everyone seems to have now as a fashion statement) or just get some accessories for my PSP. Come to think of it, with a 1 or 2GB Mem Stick Duo, I could pretty much have the equivilent to a Shuffle.

Wow, you guys are better than my real family.

Posted by Klarth

I can recommend a super shuffle over every other 1g mp3 player on the market. They're cheaper than ipod shuffles, they have a microphone, and they have an fm tuner. of course, the ipod shuffle has these features, but you have to mod the firmware to activate these. oh, and they're expensive.

Quoting Majesty: I can recommend a super shuffle over every other 1g mp3 player on the market. They're cheaper than ipod shuffles, they have a microphone, and they have an fm tuner. of course, the ipod shuffle has these features, but you have to mod the firmware to activate these. oh, and they're expensive.

Really, now what is the capacity of the Super Shuffle, and the price? It sounds very interseting.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found both.

Posted by loony636

Don't bother getting a Super Shuffle or iPod mini. Get an iRiver or a Creative. I think they have a 5gb version. But they come in 20gb or 40gb types. I don't know how much they cost in US$...

Posted by Klarth

actually, if you want a cheap jukebox with an internal hard drive, go take a look at the creative nomad. Shin-Ra rates is pretty highly.

Ill take a peak at that.

Posted by drumsticks200

Yeah but them iRivers and creative mp3's dont have that little wheel the iPod mini has which allows you to navigate through it easier. You basically need to know how to READ the manual to learn how to use your iPod.

Posted by loony636

Quoting drumsticks200: Yeah but them iRivers and creative mp3's dont have that little wheel the iPod mini has which allows you to navigate through it easier.

I agree that the little wheels would have been a good feature to have, but, I think that the iRivers and the Creatives are fine without them.

Posted by higbvuyb

They're only there for the 'cool' factor. they aren't very efficient or anything.

Posted by loony636

Just out of interest, does anyone know what the battery life is? The ipods are about 6-8 hours and the iPod minis are about 15-18 hours (or so I've heard), so I was just wondering what the battery life of a shuffle is...

Posted by higbvuyb

I heard a guy saying mp3 players are 'better without a screen', and 'screens are bad'. This time, apple has ngone too far with brainwashing.

Posted by loony636

OMG, let's all buy Apple hunks of **** that don't have screens and wander round cities trying to look cool with them hanging off our necks.

Posted by Klarth

sorry wait i thought this thread had died

Posted by loony636

I subscribed to it ages ago and was wandering through my 'subscribed threads list' and found this one. I hoped to revive it.

Posted by Hyper

Get a Creative Zen Micro 5GB. That's what I'm planning on. Same price as an iPod mini and and an extra GB.