WoW framerate problems

Posted by Lord of Spam

before we begin, system spec to be lol'd at:

17GHz cpu, 512Mb pc 2100 ram, 256Mb radeon 9550

I usually run WoW on fairly low graphics settings at about 30-40 fps@ 1024x7something. Today, I log on and it runs at about 2-10fps. I tried turning everything to the lowest it would go, i set the rest to 800x600, i did full system scans for viruses and whatnot, and nothing helped. Im still getting a framerate so bad that while i was gaurding flag in warsong gulch, a rogue was able to sneak in stealthed, grab the flag, and get out with only one frame being drawn the entire time.

The worst part? Outside of wow my coimputer is fine. Ive tried other games, nothing is having this problem except for wow. What the hell is going on?

Posted by Unite

wow is a ram heavy game, i use to have bad lag and frame rate too with 512 ram. I got a new computer few months ago with 2gigs of ram and all my problems disappeared. You might also want to aleast get geforce 7600gt

Posted by Lord of Spam

If it werent for the fact that I was running it fine before, that would be good advice. Thing is, I was running it fine before, but now I'm not. Dur.

Anyone have anything meaningful to suggest?

Posted by Stalolin

Reinstall?

If that doesn't work then my guess is it's probably something hardware oriented.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Thats the thing though, the hardware handled it previously, but nothing obvious changed except for the framerate

Posted by Unite

Quoting Lord of Spam: Thats the thing though, the hardware handled it previously, but nothing obvious changed except for the framerate

Could be your server you are on had population increase. Some times an anti virus program running in background can cause problems too. You might want to also get spyware to clean any bad stuff off your come

The game use to run fine for me when i had 512mb ram. Then we had server transfer over and the game became laggy and had framerate problems too. Only way i solved it was buying a new computer.

Posted by Kit

Mine was lagging quite a bit today, but it works fine now. They were probably just doing small maintenance or something.
Hell, most of the time restarting your computer works with this sort of thing.

Posted by KoH

You have a 17ghz cpu? ****, SON. That's some heavy duty comp specs ya got there!

'Cause of WoW's latest 2.0.1 patch, everything's turned to a laggy ****tsville. If the problem persists (as it shouldn't right now) I suggest you reinstall wow and add another 512 mb. to your comp.

Posted by Lord of Spam

1.7:P small epenis is small

The problems have vanished just as quickly as they came, thankfully. Thanks for the info, guys.

Posted by KoH

Want some more info? 1.7 ghz is for fags.

Posted by Kit

Mine's only 2.8 :/

But yeah, the new Patch has messed things up, especially the LFG system.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

2.01 patch added graphical upgrades, plus more features, like the LFG/LFM system, that eat away at system RAM.

Probably that.

:cool:

Posted by Trigger

My system runs the game fine, even my laptop does exceptionally well (with high resolution and high graphics settings) but I guess my systems are both extremely high powered. My friend was having a similar issue today though and tried everything - scans, lowered resolution, lowered graphics, system restart, system defragmentation, even turned the sound off entirely. Nothing improved it what-so-ever and as I currently understand, his frame rate is still terribly poor, when it was running fine the day earlier (yes, after patch 2.0.1).

Posted by Apathetic

6600GT, AMD +3500, 1GB corsair xms, it would dip and stay around 30 or less most of the time. Hell for a long time around 10fps was decent for me. Lets just say I hope thats the internet lawl.