Watch the Buy/Sell/Trade boards

Posted by Landon

Of the kajillion internet BBS's i've been a part of over the years, the one place where absolutley no BS is tollerated is the B/S/T sections. They are always teh sections moderated most carefully.

This is people exchanging money here, not just BS'ing around.

I realize on a video game board that the population of, well- how can I put this... "Kids", is pretty high.
But the B/S/T should be restricted to grown-ups, or anyone who desires to make a legitimate exchange. If you want to comment on someones product, there are plenty of forums to do it... If you want to act like a retard, there are forums for that too.
It shouldn't be allowed in teh B/S/T forums.

Allowing morons to stomp on other peoples B/S/T posts when they are honestly trying to sell or buy something is the epitome of bull****.

My opinion, take it for what you paid for it, but a way to make this site a bit better is to allow for a legitimate B/S/T forum for gamers who aren't 13 and who actually have money to spend and things to sell.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Landon: Of the kajillion internet BBS's i've been a part of over the years, the one place where absolutley no BS is tollerated is the B/S/T sections. They are always teh sections moderated most carefully.

This is people exchanging money here, not just BS'ing around.

I realize on a video game board that the population of, well- how can I put this... "Kids", is pretty high.
But the B/S/T should be restricted to grown-ups, or anyone who desires to make a legitimate exchange. If you want to comment on someones product, there are plenty of forums to do it... If you want to act like a retard, there are forums for that too.
It shouldn't be allowed in teh B/S/T forums.

Allowing morons to stomp on other peoples B/S/T posts when they are honestly trying to sell or buy something is the epitome of bull****.

My opinion, take it for what you paid for it, but a way to make this site a bit better is to allow for a legitimate B/S/T forum for gamers who aren't 13 and who actually have money to spend and things to sell.

Thing is, this isn't a professional forum by any sense of the word, so theres a very low chance any sales would happen anyway. The webmaster board I go to has a BST board and its modded heavily, but that's because its a board full of people with the intent to buy or sell. VGC is most certainly not the right place to do any business regardless of the state of its BST forum.

Posted by Landon

So, let me get this straight.
The B/S/T forum here is just a joke, and isn't to be taken seriously?
If that's the case, ooh-rah- whatever floats your boat.

Just make sure to let people know that ahead of time so they don't waste their time actually posting anything for sale there.

Posted by Hyper

If they truley want to sell something they'll try other sites as well and find that they will have much higher success rates there rather than here.

Posted by mis0

I tried to sell a Virtual Boy here. Yeah, that didn't work very well.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'll buy it!

But I would most likely never purchase anything that went up for grabs here, unless I knew the person well enough.

Posted by Captain Falcon

You could use the b/s/t forum to advertise or to get advice on your prices, but thats just about it. Everything else can be done on ebay.

Posted by Hyper

CF beat me to it.

Posted by Crazy K

I would never do it over VGC. I dont feel comfortable if I bought or sold something over the internet. My parents still wont let me buy stuff from ebay nore let me sell stuff.

Posted by Captain Falcon

Robb4248 keeps posting the same thread over and over again on the b/s/t forum. He has made about 7 threads already about the same thing, and is still posting on other ppls threads about it. Can you plz tell him to stop? And if he doesnt, then can u ban him or sumthing?