Monkey Ball

Posted by Bebop

Anyone else got it?

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, it sucks balls.

Posted by Bebop

No. No it doesnt. The correct answer is "Its the best Monkey Ball ever!"

Posted by Flounder

no, soul is right. it sucks balls. the first and second ones were so much better. if it had wifi then it would be a different story.

edit: no, i lied, it would still suck balls

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It sucks in that "Oh man, that was so ****ing fun for ten minutes." I got bored of it really quickly.

Posted by Bebop

Banana Blitz > Monkey Ball 1 > Thrush > Monkey Ball 2

Whats wrong with Blitz? Its taken everything good about the series and improved on it!

Posted by s0ul

It's taken everything good about the series, and made the levels two minutes long and boring. The only improvement is the addition of the jump. The controls are fun, but not even remotely an improvement. (LOL PUN)

Posted by Bebop

Not all the levels are freakishly long. But still I think that makes a nice change.

Posted by s0ul

Yes, nothing quite like repeating a minute and a half of a ****ty level when you fail it the first time. At least Blitz isn't half as hard as the old games, or I'd really hate it.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

It's bananas! Har, har.

Actually, in my opinion, the game sucks harder than a $2 whore. I mean, the main game is okay, but SEGA messed up the mini-games really bad. Most of them are completely unplayable with the wiimote, especially the ones where you have to throw things, like balls and rings. Though a few of the games are fun, like the one where you have to point at bouncing billiard balls, in the correct order. That is, until you got 100 points and the game freezes!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting s0ul: Yes, nothing quite like repeating a minute and a half of a ****ty level when you fail it the first time. At least Blitz isn't half as hard as the old games, or I'd really hate it.

Dont cry because you cant do the level. Thats what infants do.

Posted by s0ul

For a long time I never really realized how people always get ****ed off when arguing with you!

Yeah, read the part about the game also not being hard. Because it's not, which is itself another big disappointment. Oh, and the boss fights are dumb as hell. HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS GAME

Posted by Bebop

The levels are just as challenging as previous installments. It does get annoying if you die and have to reapeat it but thats the same with every other Monkey Ball game. I dont see why you should critize Blitz for this when you didnt have as big a problem on the other 2 games.

The only real damaging fault the single mode has is its a tad on the short side. Still its a hell of a lot better than SMB2 gimmicky, boring single player level. Thats probably the biggest improvement this title has over its previous installments.

Posted by Axis

Played it, it's a pretty bad game.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Bebop: The levels are just as challenging as previous installments. It does get annoying if you die and have to reapeat it but thats the same with every other Monkey Ball game. I dont see why you should critize Blitz for this when you didnt have as big a problem on the other 2 games.

Way to read. This is annoying and Blitz and not in the other games because the levels in Blitz are twice as long.

Posted by Dexter

How could something so easy, so simple, give me so much difficulty? The challenge is addicting! I've never gotten into a Monkey Ball game as much as this one. I don't think the levels are too long. The length feels just right.

Posted by Bebop

Only a few levels are quite long. I just wish it had as many trays as previous games in the series.

Posted by Dexter

AGRG! I'm stuck on the Detritus Desert dinosaur-like robot boss! I've tried about 30 times already! I can get to the head, but then I somehow fly away! Turbulent movements, can't gain control, won't GIVE UP@$%!

Posted by Dexter

So I'm on the end boss of Pirates Ocean now. Pirates Ocean did have some long stages, but long according to today's standards. People are so used to having an over abundant supply of checkpoints these days. When it comes to difficult things they don't want it to get repetitive. In the old days, with Battletoads or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, you'd have to do the entire game over again! So this is nothing.

And what's up with this octopus boss? He's way more difficult than the dinosaur-like robot. Did anyone else have trouble with him? If the bosses get even more difficult later on in the game, than this is one tough game! I'm determined to win though.

Posted by Dexter

I beat it! Finally. Biggest challenge on the Wii so far. I spent the larger part of yesterday playing through story mode and it was the first thing I did when I woke up this morning and I couldn't stop until I defeated it. That was the most difficult game I've played for a long time.

The Wiimote made it even harder. So many stages would've been easier with a Game Cube controller, but not as much fun. The Wiimote does add more fun, indeed, but it also makes the games more difficult, which is fine by me because I adore difficulty. I was surprised by how frustrated I got with all my simple mistakes. I kept hitting my pillow and yelling at anyone who bothered me. I lost my cool and it was awesome.

Difficult games are so addicting for me. See, I know I can walk straight through Zelda and Red Steel, but with Monkey Ball, it actually challenges me, and I have trouble stopping until I conquer it.

Anyone else defeat it yet?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sorry for the bump, but I finally started playing this game after putting it off ever since my brother bought it just after Christmas. About three quarters of the minigames are horrible, but the remainder work considerably well. Darts is great fun, as is Monkey Hurdles.

The main game is surprisingly good fun, though I don't know if that's down to my extremely low expectations. My only gripe is that a lot of the time, I don't really feel like I have any control over my character, which is a serious problem in the trickier stages. Though it's not the best game I've tried on the Wii, it'll certainly hold my attention for long enough.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, the feeling of lack of control over your monkey can be very frustrating but it certainly makes it somehow more addicting. The added challenge, trying to maneuver properly using the Wiimote. I really did have a great time going through the single-player. How far have you gotten? There are some extremely hard stages and bosses. The further you get the better it becomes.

And darts is the mini-game I've played the most, easily. How do you hold the Wiimote when you play it? Like a dart? I was holding it wrong the first couple times I was doing it then when I started doing it properly I noticed how superior it felt and how much more skillful I became.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Stuck at the Pirates Ocean boss. He annoys me so! :mad:

In Darts, I tend to hold it like a dart, and on the odd occassion, I've actually let go of the remote while making a throw. thnx4straps nintendo!

Posted by Dexter

Hardest boss in the entire game. That Octopus Pirate battle took me over an hour to finally defeat and boy did I rejoice when I did. A single touch by the Octopi could destroy your monkey and the island in which you fight on is annoyingly and disadvantagely small. The worst death she can bestow upon you is when you get caught in her tentacles! Oh, the horror and fate of our inferior monkeys. The first couple hits get easy after awhile, but the final two is when your heart really starts beating. Penetrate him with that final blow and collect that golden banana. Your team depends on you!

Posted by Bebop

Im stuck on the Pirate Boss too. Aside from being stupidly hard in the first place, with lots of hit points the camera and small arena make it even worse.

Posted by Dexter

I really liked the difficulty of the game and the bosses. A lot of people seem to be getting stuck on that enemy and losing the motivation to go further, which is too bad because all the best levels are after that point. It would probably be much easier with a Game Cube controller.

Posted by s0ul

If it cheers you up at all I beat him on my second try. :)

Posted by Dexter

You need to help Milly, sOul :(

Posted by s0ul

I beat it ages ago. :mad:

Posted by Dexter

You left Milly all alone while you went out to play lovey dovey with Zelda! You should be ashamed!