Person of the Year. You?

Posted by Ant

In the annual choosing of the person of the year from Time Maginzine, they picked...us?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html

For those lazy and who don't want to read it. They basically go on to say how we shaped the year of 2006 via the internet and youtube,blogs,podcasts, etc.
Overall, I'd say I agree with them. There were many events going on, and of course, many important people in the mix. But I also recall many news stories about your everyday person, or just random internet people. The internet has become more then your average day set of tubes. It's the largest media source EVER. And I really don't see it going away anytime soon. Television will be a thing of the past come 50 years I think. Sadly, console gaming will be left in the dust even sooner. And the connection between people will become even less unrestricted, unless of course a new regime of hate and terror of atomic supermen decide otherwise. Presuming that doesn't happen though, the people truly are in control it would seem. DEMOCRACY AT IT'S BEST! *** BLESS THE INTERNET!

Posted by Bebop

This is retarded.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ugh, this is so lame. It's like they couldn't decide what celebrity or scientist had the biggest impact so they just got lazy and picked the internets. Firstly, I've been on the internet. It's not so great. These podcasts and youtube videos made by the average person are all downright terrible. Secondly, **** secondly. This is dumb.

Posted by Speedfreak

...so Time picked anonymous?

Posted by junior senior

this sucks :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

This is retarded. The internet has made no difference except that instead of watchign tv for the latest inane trend people get it online. Nothing has changed, only the source of the stupidity, and the level of interactivity therein is different.

Quoting Speedfreak: ...so Time picked anonymous?

Magazine's closed due to aids.

Posted by Iris

The internet has revolutionized the world, but not so much in this one year.

Posted by The Judge

Look, you guys don't have to be cocks about it just because you didn't get the award for Person of the Year. Sometimes a man's actions shine through, and the media does them justice. But there's always a score of nay-sayers to shoot down his best efforts to do some good in the world.

I SAW IT FIRST! IT'S MINE!

Posted by Killer Jordo

Cool, I won an award.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Killer Jordo: Cool, I won an award.

only thing you'll win in your life

Wait, that's the cover they used? A ****ing monitor that looks like a Youtube video UI? Christ.

Posted by Arwon

Fark had the best take, surprisingly enough:

[quote]Time Magazine just named some boring, uneducated, basement-dwelling slacker as their Person of the Year

Also, naming upwards of, what, 100+ million people isn't exactly "a person."

Posted by Iris

Just be glad you didn't have to try.

Posted by mis0

I guess anonymous really did deliver this time!

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Wait, that's the cover they used? A ****ing monitor that looks like a Youtube video UI? Christ.

The Mac/Youtube Hybrid!

Ugliest cover I have ever seen.

Posted by Raptor

Now every little sociopathic attention-whoring imbecile who thinks he's funny can get a cheap webcam, take a pathetic little video of himself acting stupid that everyone would be better off not seeing and upload it to the world via youtube in a matter of minutes for free. Yes indeed, thank *** for the internet, connecting humans the world over and finally providing an outlet through which everyone has the opportunity to express their educated opinions and extraordinary ideas and become known as a paragon of brilliance.

Posted by Arwon

Raptor hates democracy.

Posted by Raptor

I even hate the word "democracy." It sounds like it should be a synonym for "disgrace."

Posted by Random

Wow where do I start? First off I'd like to thank my grandma for always being there for me. Secondly I'd like to thank *** and oh yeah my supporters!! *** bless..

heh i'm just messing but it was a good year for myself even though I wouldn't deserve person of the year.

Posted by KoH

I vote Time magazine as the laziest and most full of **** magazine for 2006.

Second.

Posted by Random

At least Howard Dean didn't win... HEEEAWWWWW

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting KoH: I vote Time magazine as the laziest and most full of **** magazine for 2006.

I third.

Posted by Echo

It's not the first time they haven't chosen a person. In 1969 it was the "Middle Americans", 1966 it was "The Generation Twenty-Five and Under", 1982 was the Computer, and in 1988 it was Earth.

It's not really an award, either. It's just recognizing something or someone that has changed the world. For example, in 1938 the winner was Adolf Hitler.

In spite of that, I still agree that it's pretty lame.

Posted by KoH

Are you saying that Time magazine nominated Adolf Hitler as Person of the Year in 1938?

Posted by Random

Hey whatd Adolf ever do wrong??? lolololo

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Nothing, as far as I know.

If anything he was a liberator and a true hero.

Posted by The Judge

I'd like it to be known I was the first one on this site to be immature enough to say that I was the person of the year. Everyone else is a dirty copy cat.

Posted by Raptor

No one cares.

Oh man, the actual cover has reflective paper? That's even worse.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Pit: only thing you'll win in your life

:(

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Raptor: No one cares.

WELL F[COLOR="black"]UC[/COLOR]K YOU

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: If anything he was a liberator and a true hero.

In his defense, I never personally saw any of the gas chambers to see if they actually exist lolololo

Posted by mis0

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and David Duke certainly think that gas chambers didn't exist. Poor Hitler must be rolling in his grave. :(:(:(

Posted by Echo

Quoting KoH: Are you saying that Time magazine nominated Adolf Hitler as Person of the Year in 1938?

Yup. In fact, [url=http://www.time.com/time/subscriber/personoftheyear/archive/stories/1938.html]here [/url]is the story in full.

Posted by Random

I wonder why Hitler didn't win this year..

He should win every year.

Actually, he probably does. But it's a given at this point.

Posted by Omni

Stalin won in 1939, and again in 1942.