360 online question (gears of war)

Posted by Drewboy64

Me and my brother are trying to play Gears of War online, and we've got one account, but we wnat to do guest play. Does anyone know how to have guests?

We joined a game and saw two people wtih the same account, so there must be guest play, but we can't figure otu what to do

EDIT: I figured it out, nevermind

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I wish Call of Duty 2 would allow guest players. :(

Posted by Last Fog

COD3 does I think.

Speaking of which, how the hell do you get in a ranked match?? Has it ever worked for anyone?

Posted by Dexter

Oh yeah, Call of Duty 3 does allow guest players, thankfully. I still wish Call of Duty 2 did, though, because it is still a great game (maybe even better, I still haven't decided).

Ranked match has been super difficult for me to get going, but it does work. You're not the only one having a problem with it.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Dexter: Ranked match has been super difficult for me to get going, but it does work. You're not the only one having a problem with it.
What do you do? Just wait all day until it finally starts? The multiplayer in that game is decent, but I'm only really compelled to play it if I get the online achievements.

Posted by Dexter

I forgot what I did. It's probably something really simple yet I've not taken the time to figure it out. If I ever stop playing Call of Duty 2, I'll figure it out.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Speaking of which, how the hell do you get in a ranked match?? Has it ever worked for anyone?

Ranked is broken. Good luck trying to get in, but it's not impossible. It's just not worth it. But to get it, you keep trying. There's no real trick. Some days you may never get in, and some days you might get in the first time you try. The latter will rarely happen though.

Quoted post: (maybe even better, I still haven't decided).

Better. I just ****ing played three hours of "royal rumble" with that Peddle kid and a few others from my friends list. Easily the most stupid fun I've had in a long time, and you just can't do that **** in CoD3. Doesn't feel the same.

Oh, and that's about the time I sent you, like, eight ****ing invites but you couldn't decide whether you wanted to play Madden or Paintball. wtf

Posted by Dexter

lol. Peddle. Good times. I should get on in about an hour, after I beat at least one more level in Red Steel and eat dinner.

Madden and Paintball suck. It's too difficult to stop a throw in Madden and Paintball is just stupid, boring, and old. I'm not the one playing those games, either. That would be the kids. They have terrible taste in just about everything.

Ugh, they should have accepted the invite anyways. I want to play against one of them at least once.

Posted by Dexter

They know how good you are. They don't enjoy losing as much as I do. :(

But you'll play them eventually. They're online way more than I am.

If they played on my team they wouldn't have to lose.

Posted by Dexter

True. It's funny how you come up in conversations. I used to be their hero until they saw me lose to you so badly. I'm always asking "is Vampy online" and they're like "give it up, he is ***-mode!"

The little brats! :mad:

You should've been on earlier this morning. Worst I've ever done. I placed second to last in ****ing deathmatch (7-23,) and the people I was playing against weren't even good.

Posted by Dexter

I was doing the best I've ever done the other day. Freakin' took your advice and used that MP44 along with picking up a sniper and my final score was 25 with only 2 deaths!

kk, I go eat dinner, then it's on! RAR!

I'll most likely be there.