Pink Floyd.

Posted by Raptor

Nothing more needs to be said.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Except highly overrated. Still good, but no where near as good as people make them out to be. Especially kids who think they're the greatest thing to happen to the 21st century.

Uriah Heep is infinitely better.

Posted by Raptor

yeah, it's hard to believe these kids who think Pink Floyd is the greatest thing to happen to the 21st century, considering the band stopped releasing music before the 21st century and all

Posted by Omni

I like a few of their albums, especially Animals.

Quoted post: yeah, it's hard to believe these kids who think Pink Floyd is the greatest thing to happen to the 21st century, considering the band stopped releasing music before the 21st century and all

Kids are dumb I guess.

Posted by Killer Jordo

The Wall was a good movie and a good album. agree'd that Pink Floyd is now becoming an over-rated band. But still has teens who listen to their music without saying "PINK FLOYD IS TEH PWNZRS GUYS". This has been happening alot lately. Especially with AC/DC.

Posted by Raptor

Wow, I just listen to the music for what I feel it's worth instead of worrying about how overrated or popular it has become. Isn't that something!

Posted by Tiptoegecko

How can you say they arent that good? Roger Waters is a musical genius. Im not saying that because Im one of those dumb kids you people are talking about, Roger Waters truly writes amazing and deep music, with true purpose behind it all. I remember when I was 6, the first piece of music (excluding kiddie songs, those dont count) I listened to the entire Dark Side of the Moon album, and I have been a fan since, I love from when Syd Barret was in (May he rest in peace) another musical genius, until their final days after Roger Waters left. The Live8 concert literally made me cry, because I thought I would never see them together in my life time. Then I saw the Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon tour, which is no doubt, call it overrated or w/e you want, but it was one of the best concerts ever performed. Period.

Pink Floyd's music forever changed me, and really opened me to be more culturally open to pretty much everything. I love this band. And I dont give 2 ****s if they are "overrated", they are one of the best bands to ever be formed, and really an important impact on music today. Take The Black Parade. Thats a modern day version of The Wall.

And whats this place and **** thats overrated? Its "overrated" for a reason, it wouldnt be "overrated" if it wasnt any good.

Posted by Omni

I don't like them as much as Queen.

Quoted post: How can you say they arent that good?

Notice no one said they weren't good? Read moar.

Posted by Vasioth

Pink Floyd aren't to bad. I have to also agree with the fact to kid's saying there the greatest thing to happen to the 21st Century. Or they wear T-Shirt's and talk about them excessively (A lot like Nirvana).

I really liked the Song "Dark Side of the Moon" by them, but it was mainly the video I loved about that song. I really don't know why it got banned though (The video). There wasn't anything too bad in it.

The Song Another Brick in the Wall was great also. I forget what Rapper/Hip-hop person tried to cover the song and killed it really badly though. Now a lot of Ned's I know say they love the song... but they don't have a clue who sung the song before... which is kinda annoying since the cover of it is ****ty anyhow.

Oh, and also Tiptogecko, if Pink Floyd's a main preccesor of your life, you need to listen to more because by the way your going, your like one of these people who would probably go in real life "I'm their biggest fan! I have all their poster's and albums and I dream about talking to them in my sleep" . Also, if your talking about the Album "The Black Parade" and your meaning the song "Welcome to the Black Parade" by Chemical Romance they are barely the same. Infact, none of its the same what-so-ever...

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vasioth:
Oh, and also Tiptogecko, if Pink Floyd's a main preccesor of your life, you need to listen to more because by the way your going, your like one of these people who would probably go in real life "I'm their biggest fan! I have all their poster's and albums and I dream about talking to them in my sleep" . Also, if your talking about the Album "The Black Parade" and your meaning the song "Welcome to the Black Parade" by Chemical Romance they are barely the same. Infact, none of its the same what-so-ever...

The End= In The Flesh?
Mama= The Trial

And plus the concept of the album is pretty similar to The Wall.

And, Im not their biggest fan, no one can really be anyone's "biggest fan", Im just a really big fan of Floyd, because if you listen to the lyrics, they are supreme genious. Roger Waters is my idle and my G0D.

Posted by Crazy K

Pink Floyd is pretty much my all time favorite band. But I do agree that they are over-rated. I know only a few people in my school who likes Pink Floyd. Everyone else listens to the likes of Rap, and Punk Rock, both of which I hate anyways.

But I listen to them because I like their music. To me they are one of the best bands ever.

Posted by Vasioth

Quoting Tiptoegecko: The End= In The Flesh?
Mama= The Trial

And plus the concept of the album is pretty similar to The Wall.

And, Im not their biggest fan, no one can really be anyone's "biggest fan", Im just a really big fan of Floyd, because if you listen to the lyrics, they are supreme genious. Roger Waters is my idle and my G0D.

Lol, those songs are nothing like anything by Pink Floyd. And ***, The Black Parade isn't stolen of The Wall. Its just a name of a song title which they then thought if, to put another word instead of "Welcome to the black Parade" and shorten it to "The Black Parade" because it sounds like a good album title.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Tiptoegecko: And, Im not their biggest fan, no one can really be anyone's "biggest fan"

What about really, really fat people who like bands?

The MCR album was mostly inspired by Queen's music, especially Queen, Queen II, and A Night At The Opera. Compare arrangements and song concepts. It was also musically inspired by The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and The Smashing Pumpkins. But mostly Queen.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: What about really, really fat people who like bands?

The MCR album was mostly inspired by Queen's music, especially Queen, Queen II, and A Night At The Opera. Compare arrangements and song concepts. It was also musically inspired by The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and The Smashing Pumpkins. But mostly Queen.

I would say Floyd and Queen go hand in hand in this equally, but where the hell would you get Smashing Pumpkins from? o_0

They basically used "classic rock" as an influence with Queen and Floyd being the biggest inspirations of the bunch. If you can't hear that you're deaf.

Posted by Omni

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Parade#Influences

Yeah, there. It says so about what I said, and I believe Wikipedia.

Posted by Vasioth

LOL PHM I liked the little edit like :P .

But I still don't see where your getting MCR and Pink Floyd sounding the same thing TTG.

Posted by Omni

I only edited his post because he always edits them on his own to add more stupid. Otherwise, I'd just have posted the link.

Quoted post: But I still don't see where your getting MCR and Pink Floyd sounding the same thing TTG.

You're deaf.