Nintendo to replace 3.2M Wii straps

Posted by redrum666

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16222369/

Posted by Dexter

This doesn't seem necessary. The straps are fine.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Dexter]This doesn't seem necessary. The straps are fine.

I'm going to go break mine and have my Wiimote thrown into the TV just to prove you wrong.

Also, already filled the form out to get my new straps.

Link: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/strapreplace.jsp

Posted by Dexter

lol. Might as well. I need 4!

Posted by redrum666

Quoting Dexter: This doesn't seem necessary. The straps are fine.

dude its FREE how can you pass that up

Posted by Dexter

I'm not passing them up. I may not ever need them, but I'll take them anyway. You never know...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

If you use a wrist strap in the first place, you're not a man. The day I can't hold onto my video game controller is the day they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wow people are dumb if they can't hold onto a ****ing remote.

Posted by Speedfreak

This guy on Nintendojo actually tried to break the strap with a variety of methods from using weights to making extremely exaggerated movements. In the end he gave up and just tugged on it till it snapped and concluded there's nothing wrong with them, people just aren't using them.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

I'm buying the classic controller not the strap one

Posted by MottaTheHutt

If you dropped a wiimote would it really be in any way harmed?

Posted by muffla

from what i hear no

Quoted post: If you dropped a wiimote would it really be in any way harmed?

You can whip it against the wall and it'll still work fine.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, it can certainly take some beating. All that happens is a few black scratches. It might not be as strong as the NES controllers, but it's still impressive for today's generation.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I won't have to worry about getting ****ed off, breaking a controller, and getting more ****ed off? Sweet.

Speaking of sweet, I just found out I'm getting a Wii for Christmas.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=PunkRock Sonic]I'm buying the classic controller not the strap one

The classic controller plugs into the Wii Remote. Most games don't take advantage of the classic controller anyway.

Posted by Unite

I heard about this recall

Nintendo should of expected this from the start. There lucky there hasn't been any lawsuits yet. speed the guy your talking about sounds like a wimp.

Posted by Crazy K

I don't see how you can get an outcome of breaking a TV with your Wii controller, it has to be obvious that these people who are playing it are not using it right, or they are just acting like pure idiots.

I was walking around in Walmart with my mom when she randomly says "So that Wii is getting recalled. A whole one million consoles." I lol'd and called her stupid until I got back home and realised that's exactly how it was reported on the news.

Than I flew into a blinding rage and threw my Wii at my TV.

Posted by Bebop

I guess Nintendo underestimated how alot of people cant hold onto something during movements. I think the same people filling out this form should also commit themselves.

Posted by junior senior

crap, I filled it out but I closed it out without reading how long it said it was to come. :( I just want the strap, I went on eBay, somebody had the serial number visible, and I ordered. :angel:

how long does it take for it to come?

Posted by Kit

Quoting Unite: Nintendo should of expected this from the start. There lucky there hasn't been any lawsuits yet. speed the guy your talking about sounds like a wimp.

If there are instructions written to prevent this, nobody can sue.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Dark Kirby: If there are instructions written to prevent this, nobody can sue.

there is always away to sue

just ask whats left of the diving board and ladder industry in usa LOL

Posted by TendoAddict

Its nice that Ninty decided to replace them. Though I still think morons will find a way to crack tv's with the remote even if the traps were made of metal.

IMO instead of send new straps to everyone they should send extra brain cells to people who broke the strap or cracked their TV. Its Obvious they need it.

Posted by Arcadios

It's all worth it.

Posted by junior senior

oh man, I got another serial number and I filled it out again- this time for 4. :cool:

Posted by Dexter

Quoting TendoAddict: Though I still think morons will find a way to crack tv's with the remote even if the traps were made of metal.

Then the straps would be the problem instead of the Wiimote. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

It's not a recall, it's a replacement. There is a gigantic difference. A recall involves admitting their is a problem and requiring everyone that bought one send it back immediately for replacement. This is just "if you're really that bothered then we'll give you a thicker strap, if you want".

Posted by Colonel

Yes, Nintendo doesn't need to recall the wrist straps, but since they are and if you already own a Wii like I do the wrist straps are free of change, so it doesn't make sence not to take advantage of the offer.

Posted by redrum666

just got mine today in the mail

Posted by Axis

Quoting Arcadios: It's all worth it.

Can you give me a lucky rabbits foot?

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting Colonel: Yes, Nintendo doesn't need to recall the wrist straps, but since they are and if you already own a Wii like I do the wrist straps are free of change, so it doesn't make sence not to take advantage of the offer.

exactly

EDIT: I ordered 4 and I only have 1 controller lol

Posted by Duez_The_Cat

This cracks me up sometimes. I have been talking to some guys at my local GameStop, and we all seem to agree. We believe that it is not so much the product, the Wii, that is the problem, but the people who play. When the adrenaline gets pumping, and tension is at an all time high, you will sweat and lose grip of the sucker. Also, I think it seems like people complaining about it just want a refund or a replacement, because they refuse to say that it was theri fault, we just gotta pit it on the console and company, eh? But I mean, maybe it is the product, maybe it is the people, you decide.

- Meow! :3

Posted by RandomizeR

I completely agree, and I can proudly say i am not on of those people that throw the controller around or handle it too roughly even,

I'm just getting straps cuz they're free ;)

Posted by junior senior

yay my straps came!! I ordered one, then two days later I got another serial number and ordered 4. Only 4 came today, weird.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Dexter]This doesn't seem necessary. The straps are fine.

Actually, the straps are very cheap as compared to most wristbands accompanying any digital camera, today. And, you don't sling your camera around and swat at the television screen with it, do you?

[quote=Prince Shondronai]If you use a wrist strap in the first place, you're not a man. The day I can't hold onto my video game controller is the day they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

Well, when the Wiimote slips from your GI Joe-like; Kung Fu grip, and knocks you out like one of Mike Tyson's sex partners. I'll be sure to snatch it right up from your cold dead digits, and reign in as the "NEW CHALLENGER!" :cool:

[quote=Speedfreak]It's not a recall, it's a replacement. There is a gigantic difference. A recall involves admitting their is a problem and requiring everyone that bought one send it back immediately for replacement. This is just "if you're really that bothered then we'll give you a thicker strap, if you want".

You're an incredibly anal little squirt, aren't ya'? :cool:

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Prince Shondronai]If you use a wrist strap in the first place, you're not a man. The day I can't hold onto my video game controller is the day they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

Well, when the Wiimote slips from your GI Joe-like; Kung Fu grip, and knocks you out like one of Mike Tyson's sex partners. I'll be sure to snatch it right up from your cold dead digits, and reign in as the "NEW CHALLENGER!" :cool:

Posted by Killer Jordo

I ordered 4. I will probably replace them just too be a bit safe. I see no problem with the ones that some with it but whatever. I may use the original ones on something else. Maybe my zen or something.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I love Nintendo; they actually care about their fans. I don’t know what company/game system would actually suggest taking a break while playing a game for awhile, suggesting free replacement straps because some ignorant people broke their precious HDTVPLAZMAZA 5000 televisions. Wear the strap properly and you won’t throw the controller(s), ya knuckleheads!!

Ordered 4 also, I wonder if the original starps will be a sought after COLLECTIABLE!!

Posted by higbvuyb

It just shows how awesome Nintendo is: The biggest thing wrong with the Wii is that the strap might break if you intentionally swung the controller into a wall as hard as you can.

Unlike Sony. The PS3 probably doesn't even survive a 5cm drop test.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I just received my straps in the mail today! I haven't fitted them yet, but they look sturdy - which is just as well, as I hear WarioWare requires you to drop the Wiimote and all the the Wii strap to take the downward force. I ordered four, so I currently have two spares, one of which I am re-posting. I'll send the final one to anyone who needs it.

Posted by solarphoenix990

Yea that is truly unecessary... I mean who is stupid enough to go completely nuts with the controller and get so into the game that they go wacko and throw the controller at the tv. All u have to do to play any wii game is move the remote or the nunchuck a little bit if even at all and u got the game running... no need to throw it at the tv.

Quoted post: I mean who is stupid enough to go completely nuts with the controller and get so into the game that they go wacko and throw the controller at the tv.

You... have too much faith in mankind.

Posted by junior senior

I ordered 4 more yesterday. :cool: