Dissapointing Zelda

Posted by Ichigo54

Is Anyone else as dissapointed in TP for the Wii as i am, I stood in liek for 13 hours, and i cant even play the game. Im soo let down.

Posted by Moore2275

maby ur just not good at it!

haha byoitch!

Posted by Dexter

I'm not disappointed at all. What are your reasons?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

He sucks at using the Wiimote I bet.

Posted by Ichigo54

no, im pretty good, i just cant seem to get into it like i did the other zeldas

Posted by Fate

Maybe because the controller is new. Maybe if you give it a little more time it could work out for you.

Posted by Dexter

I've been able to get into it more than any of the other Zeldas, actually. Maybe because I'm older now and the stories and characters mean so much more to me. It wasn't difficult for me to get into the Wiimote and Nunchuk at all. So simple.

Posted by Bebop

I think it is somewhat disappointing. The dungeons are stupidly easy as are the bosses. Also the way you are directed to each one just doesnt feel right. Considering this Zelda is supposed to be the most 'epic' the progression to each dungeon certainly doesnt feel that way. Also Hyrule field is a let down. Horseback battles are rare, enimies are very, very scarce and rather than the diverse forest invested beautiful landscape I was promised it is quite literally a huge open field. Great. Travelling is more annoying than Wind Wakers.

Posted by Drewboy64

Not dissappointed at all. In fact, I'm very impressed.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Bebop: I think it is somewhat disappointing. The dungeons are stupidly easy as are the bosses. Also the way you are directed to each one just doesnt feel right. Considering this Zelda is supposed to be the most 'epic' the progression to each dungeon certainly doesnt feel that way. Also Hyrule field is a let down. Horseback battles are rare, enimies are very, very scarce and rather than the diverse forest invested beautiful landscape I was promised it is quite literally a huge open field. Great. Travelling is more annoying than Wind Wakers.

Iono...Why would I want to deal with a "Forest Infested" landscape? The Zelda games have always had only 1 forest, none more, changing that fact would have people in more of a tizzy than the fact that Death Mountain is on the wrong side of the map. If you ask me, the landscape is very similar to OoT, and looks a whole lot prettier too. Though you are right about the amount of enemies, I wouldn't exactly say they're as scarce as you're saying. Though boss battles are a bit on the easy side, I found them to be incredibly epic, as are the horseback battles. And just becuase you aren't fighting against horse riding enemies doesn't mean there isn't horseback battling. You can swing your sword at any enemy in the main overworld while you're on Epona. I found the dungeons to be just right as well. They got progressively harder and bigger ; never let me down...Though there is no dungeon that was as mind bending as the Water Temple in OoT.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Bebop: I think it is somewhat disappointing. The dungeons are stupidly easy as are the bosses. Also the way you are directed to each one just doesnt feel right. Considering this Zelda is supposed to be the most 'epic' the progression to each dungeon certainly doesnt feel that way. Also Hyrule field is a let down. Horseback battles are rare, enimies are very, very scarce and rather than the diverse forest invested beautiful landscape I was promised it is quite literally a huge open field. Great. Travelling is more annoying than Wind Wakers.

There are so many ingenious puzzles in dungeons. The boss battles aren't THAT easy, and many of them (see dungeon 3 and 7 for example) are freaking EPIC. And it's not like you go from dungeon to dungeon, you can or will do so many things in between them. Horse back battles are everywhere, especially in the field above [COLOR="Gray"]Kokiroko[/COLOR] where there are the boar-riders. And traveling is NOT more annoying; you don't change the wind, the fighting is easier, and it looks beautiful and is extremely relaxing to travel around. I can't believe you think traveling is annoying. Wow.

Oh, and Hyrule Field looks amazing. No need for forests.

Posted by Dexter

Hyrule Field looks nice, but Oblivion's overworld looked nicer.

If I may compare.

Posted by maian

I've heard the bosses are so much easier. Well, they are, I've played them, but they're being bashed on too much. Really, they're as hard as you can get when compared to freakin' Wind Waker's bosses. That's not saying mush, but compared to Wind Waker ,these bosses weren't easy. I'd say they were about the same scale as OOT bosses. And hey, those were easy too. And I don't mind, because, yes, they are epic. Some of them not so much, but the scope and scale of the battles win me over, despite how easy some of them are. But I still think they're OOT calibur bosses.

Posted by Bebop

I was promised a field with forests I could freely move between. I got something so boring instead.

Bosses are easy.

And travelling is worse because in Wind Waker I could leave the controller where it was. In TP I have to at least hold up.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Anyone who calls this Zelda a disappointment either has horrible taste in games or set their hopes unrealistically high.

Posted by Bebop

I didnt actually have high hopes. I wasnt that excited about it really. I always had my eye on Elebits. I never really figured it to be the OoT beater and now I know it's not. I'm more interested in Zelda Wii anyway.

Then you have bad taste in games. lol

Posted by Bebop

Dont you think Jak and Daxter is a great game? lol wut

I thought it was a good for what it was. And so did a ton of other people apparently: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/516509.asp?q=jak%20%20daxter

lol wut

Posted by Bebop

For what it was? So did I! It was good at what it was. Its defiantly the best worst game I've ever played!

I hate it when people throw gamerankings into it. "Lol look a database which has flaws when it comes to what opinions it considers is valid agrees!" I wonder what Halo 2 got on that site? Wow pretty big. I guess because all those people have bad tastes the single campign in Halo isnt as coma inducing as I originally thought.

Quoted post: I hate it when people throw gamerankings into it. "Lol look a database which has flaws when it comes to what opinions it considers is valid agrees!" I wonder what Halo 2 got on that site? Wow pretty big. I guess because all those people have bad tastes the single campign in Halo isnt as coma inducing as I originally thought.

All gamerankings does is take reviews from big sites and puts them on display. That along with user ratings can give a pretty accurate depiction of what people think of the game. In this case, a lot of people really like it. Which is true. As for Halo 2, it was largely reviewed high for it's multiplayer, and still loved by many for it. So yeah, really all it does is show the basic opinion of a game. Jak and Daxter is a good game. Simple as that.

Posted by Bebop

Gameranking takes reviews from some sites. Some being the key word. That in istelf is a large enough flaw to not take gamerankings seriously. Meaning they are selective about what sources they chose. How reliable it is and its reputation has nothing to do with it.

Jak and Daxter is not a good game. I will never understand why people liked it so much. It was absolutley dreadful. If people say they like it they are either a> an idiot or b> lying. Those are the only to reasons I will accept when people say they like it.

Quoted post: Gameranking takes reviews from some sites. Some being the key word. That in istelf is a large enough flaw to not take gamerankings seriously. Meaning they are selective about what sources they chose. How reliable it is and its reputation has nothing to do with it.

In this case the took the opinions of 89 reviewers and 833 users. Chances are whatever other review you could have thought of probably wouldn't make that big of a difference. Also, I don't even think anyone really thought the game was bad enough to warrant anything less than a six. So yeah, that doesn't matter at all.

Quoted post: Jak and Daxter is not a good game. I will never understand why people liked it so much. It was absolutley dreadful. If people say they like it they are either a> an idiot or b> lying. Those are the only to reasons I will accept when people say they like it.

All right?

Posted by Bebop

Considering Gamerankings is completly flawed its stupid to try to use it for your argument. Alot of people like Halo 2. I'm not going to change by opinion on it just because alot of people disagree with me. Tit.

[quote]Jak and Daxter is a good game. Simple as that.

AAAAAALLLLLL RRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHTTTTEEEE???????

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Bebop: I was promised a field with forests I could freely move between. I got something so boring instead.

Bosses are easy.

And travelling is worse because in Wind Waker I could leave the controller where it was. In TP I have to at least hold up.

When were you promised forests? And you don't have to hold the controller up unless you're aiming your bow. And if you don't like holding it up, you should get exercise.

Posted by Bebop

First trailer of TP we saw forests and the like. And I ment keeping my joystick pressed up. I dont like having to sit there pushing a stupid stick as I travel for ages. Its not as large as WW but thats how it feels when Im riding mostly.

Posted by Unite

The game was over hyped so it was let down for some people who expected to much. I saw it as port nothing more nothing less.

Posted by Speedfreak

The "port" came out first, and that should have nothing do with people's initial reactions.

You are seriously stupid.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: The "port" came out first, and that should have nothing do with people's initial reactions.

You are seriously stupid.

Even tho the port came out first you can clearly see which system the game was designed for. I never said it being a port had anything to do the with reaction it got. It was over hyped from the start just got worse as years went by. When game takes like 2-3 years to make you expect alittle more. To me it's a port and nothing more and nothing less.

You have the game right speedfreak?

Posted by Ichigo54

Hmm, Aight guys, thx for ur input, I think im gonna give it another try, stick to sidequests i suppose

Quoted post: Considering Gamerankings is completly flawed its stupid to try to use it for your argument. Alot of people like Halo 2. I'm not going to change by opinion on it just because alot of people disagree with me. Tit.

When did I say you should change your opinion again? The whole point of bringing up gamerankings was to show that the concept for liking Jak and Daxter isn't that preposterous. And yes, gamerankings has flaws, but once again, it still does its job by showing the general opinion. Leaving out two or three reviews isn't going to have much of an impact on a game like Jak and Daxter. Especially considering the user reviews.

Posted by Bebop

Liking Jak and Daxter is preposterous. I know this because I have unfortunately played it. I know alot of people, for some reason, like it. You didnt have to bring up gamerankings to remind me alot of people have bad taste. I already know this. Just look at the success Kanye West has.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Bebop: I was promised a field with forests I could freely move between. I got something so boring instead.

Quoted post: First trailer of TP we saw forests and the like.

Oh I see, it was promised to you not by word of official mouth but by yourself in segment of video early in the production.

I see how you were wronged. I weap for thee.

[QUOTE]Bosses are easy.

Spoiler: 99% of Zelda bosses have been easy. Why this is a problem Im not sure why. I guess the fact that Ninty didnt break over a decade of constants is to much to bear.

What matters now is presentation, and if they didnt bring that I could see how you could be angry.

[quote]And travelling is worse because in Wind Waker I could leave the controller where it was. In TP I have to at least hold up.

Its horrible that you have to be coherent to play your game. (or rig up a system so you can go out and about for the 30 seconds to get from place to place)

So let me get this strait.

#1 was you setting your expectations to high off of data that didn't guarantee anything.

#2 has been happening for years.

and

#3 was the fact you can not set it and forget it for the time you travel in a field.

Your points are dumb as hell at best. Congratulations

--------------------

To the OP

You can be dissapointed if you want , y9ou dont have to try and love it.

Just because alot of people are happy with it doesnt mean you have to.

Posted by Colonel

I think this game is the best Wii title so far....D'uh

Posted by Bebop

You are a fool Tendo. Please drink bleach.

I never had high expecations of TP. I said this earlier. I was more excited about Elebits.
Bosses in other Zelda games have been much harder. Perhaps my skills have improved. Or maybe they take less hits and are easy to attack. Yeh the latter.
Travelling across that huge sea in WW got tedious and annoying. That problem isnt entirely removed from TP. Thankfully you can warp pretty much anywhere, but Im just that type of guy who doesnt like travelling across voids for ages when I got be doing something else. A void so lacking too. As beautiful as Hyrule field is its not as *** as I thought it would be. Perhaps they shouldnt have replaced those lovely forests with huge freakin holes.

If you're going to 'counter' me or whatever you think it is you're doing you could have the deceny to know what my problems with it are, and to use grammar and spelling.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Ichigo54: Is Anyone else as dissapointed in TP for the Wii as i am, I stood in liek for 13 hours, and i cant even play the game. Im soo let down.

Same here. I'm a little over 14 hours into it and have a hard time coming back to the game. It's a lot more tedious than fun. It has been almost two weeks since I last played it.

Posted by ccrocker58

Sounds like you wanted Zelda to be turned into the worlds most epic game of manhunt...Seriously though, I don't think I've ever played any game that has you Forest hopping. I can't even see how this would work positively for any game, let alone Zelda.

Quoted post: Sounds like you wanted Zelda to be turned into the worlds most epic game of manhunt...Seriously though, I don't think I've ever played any game that has you Forest hopping. I can't even see how this would work positively for any game, let alone Zelda.

Oblivion.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oblivion.

Point taken...

Posted by Last Fog

Who said anything about manhunt or forest hopping.

I'm just taking a stab at this, but from what I can imagine it's simply more appealing and visually impressive to move through lush forests with trees swaying in the breeze and the sun peeking through than a dull, brown wasteland.

Running through an empty field for hours getting from one place to another with nothing in between just for the sake of it is hardly epic.

Never played the game, just using common sense here. And from what I've read, I'm looking forward to this game less and less. And less.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Bebop: First trailer of TP we saw forests and the like. And I ment keeping my joystick pressed up. I dont like having to sit there pushing a stupid stick as I travel for ages. Its not as large as WW but thats how it feels when Im riding mostly.

The trailer ALSO showed Link riding through huge, huge open fields and fighting on horseback. And a segment of a forest does not promise that Hyrule Field is now Hyrule Foresty area.

And that's pathetic that you don't like pushing the stick. It's like you'd rather not play. I honestly don't see how anyone can not enjoy the traveling.

My signature says it all.

Zelda is a franchise, not just one game. :)

Posted by Ant

In what ways was OoT better than TP?

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Ant: In what ways was OoT better than TP?

I was thinking about that today.

I went "Hmm, does TP beat Oot? Is it better than Oot?..."

And I come up with, that none of them's really 'better'.
Better for it's time--Maybe.

But I got just as hooked on to Oot as I got with TP. =/

Alttp still beats'em. :D

Posted by Bebop

OT had better atmosphere

Posted by ExoXile

Eh, idk...

Maybe just a tiny tiiiny bit more.

Posted by Bebop

I think it had much much more.

Posted by maian

If anything, MM had the best atmosphere out of any of them. In MM, everything worked together to create a perfect mood, a big part thanks to the music.

I don't know, OOT has never been my favorite. It's always been MM, surprisingly. I'll see what games TP beats, and which ones it doesn't. I've beaten the main quest, but it's all the little side things that count.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Same here. MM will always be better than OoT for me. Everything in MM was special. The way everything worked was happening at a certain moment. The only thing I disliked was to lose some items if I played the song of time. I must admit that starting over because you weren't fast enough sucks. In OoT, everything was ok, no complains. I just prefered the way MM fonctionned.[/COLOR]

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Bebop:
I never had high expecations of TP.

I never said you did.

I said that you are a fool for being disappointed on things never promised to you by nintendo but by yourself Via a Early game clip.

You fooled your self.

Quoted post: Bosses in other Zelda games have been much harder. Perhaps my skills have improved. Or maybe they take less hits and are easy to attack. Yeh the latter.

Bosses in other Zelda games have not been much harder if harder at all. Wind waker? The only real challenge was Gannon's Puppet. What was the Final boss in OoT? Playing a game of Base ball with gannon then rolling under a Giant pig?

Im going to guess you're just getting better.

[QUOTE]Travelling across that huge sea in WW got tedious and annoying. That problem isnt entirely removed from TP. Thankfully you can warp pretty much anywhere, but Im just that type of guy who doesnt like travelling across voids for ages when I got be doing something else. A void so lacking too. As beautiful as Hyrule field is its not as *** as I thought it would be. Perhaps they shouldnt have replaced those lovely forests with huge freakin holes.

Let me get this strait

You are mad because a field is a field and not a forest?

On top of that the field is not a forest that you thought was true via a clip early in development.

And on top of that you are mad that you have to spend time getting to places in a game when you have other things to do.

[quote]If you're going to 'counter' me or whatever you think it is you're doing you could have the deceny to know what my problems with it are, and to use grammar and spelling.

If you're going to try and make a list of complaints about a game try not to make them stupid and actually have a basis.

Currently you gave me three reasons you are disappointed.
All of which are foolish in one way or another given the complaint you told me.
----------------------------------------

For total over world effect MM is better then TP. Though the whole circle over world seemed simple for such a High Caliber game like Zelda. Still it had a good effect.

Posted by Drewboy64

You have to be braindead to think traveling in Wind waker is greater than or equal to traveling in Twlight Princess.

Posted by maian

When was anyone ever promised open woods? What we saw was Link and Epona taking three or four steps to woods that looked open. I myself thought there were invisible walls nearby. On top of that, it was in the first screenshots and video ever released. What do you expect? It was better than the Lost Woods in OOT, a bunch of cubicle forest portals.

Posted by Bebop

Tendo you are a complete retard: I'm going to say it once more time. If you still don't understand please unplug your internet connection and remove your reproductive organs for all our sakes: Travelling in TP can be more tedious and annoying than in WW, and the entire field is no where good as I thought it was going to be. Nintendo showed examples of a good field early on in devlopments but those were dropped. These would have saved the field from being the boring brown wasteland it is. Thats my biggest fault with the games. That and the some of the dungeons, complete with the bosses, are awful. City in the sky is crap and Temple of Time was probably the easiest dungeon ever. Really should have been the frist dungeon if anything.

Posted by Speedfreak

Apart from the one area with a stream running through it, the field is identical to what we saw in development.

Posted by maian

How in the crap is it tedious to travel? Early in the game you were granted the power to warp anyway. If travelling sucked THAT much, it was the easiest thing to warp by just talking to Midna. It's been the most convienent warping system so far. Plenty of warp spots everywhere, no song, no memorization. I've been getting the heart pieces, and I've been loving travelling through Hyrule Field. It's a lot more real than any other field has been, and still gives me a sense of exploration. There's still dozens of secrets all over Hyrule field I have yet to discover, and the beauty while riding on Epona is breathtaking.

Quoted post: It's a lot more real than any other field has been, and still gives me a sense of exploration.

Oblivion. Not only is it likely the largest, but it's filled from coast to coast.

Posted by RandomizeR

I just beat Zelda TP on Sunday (got it for christmas) and personally I liked it. way better graphics and fighting Zant was pretty fun :D

Posted by Zeta

Nintendo really needs to start letting you select difficulty levels for enemies. Fighting easy as hell bosses at the end of a long dungeon just seems to ruin dungeons for me.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting ExoXile: I was thinking about that today.

I went "Hmm, does TP beat Oot? Is it better than Oot?..."

And I come up with, that none of them's really 'better'.
Better for it's time--Maybe.

But I got just as hooked on to Oot as I got with TP. =/

Alttp still beats'em. :D

booo Alttp sucked. OOT was supreme, and TP was really right up its ***, but it just didnt have that feel OOT had.

Quoting Zeta: Nintendo really needs to start letting you select difficulty levels for enemies. Fighting easy as hell bosses at the end of a long dungeon just seems to ruin dungeons for me.

yes. maybe the next Zelda they will learn.

Remember when they told us this game was going to be more difficult? Good times.

Posted by Zeta

They should at least make bosses more agressive and take more shots to be stunned. I never got to see that Fyrgus guy's attacks since I killed him so fast. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Zeta]They should at least make bosses more agressive and take more shots to be stunned. I never got to see that Fyrgus guy's attacks since I killed him so fast. :( I found that most of the bosses in the game didn't actually apprear to be interested in Link, and seemed to attack random areas of no apparent significance - cases in point being Fygrus and Morpheel.

Posted by ccrocker58

I didn't know Morpheel even had any other attacks at all other than scattering bombs...that you needed to kill him with anyway...

NEXT-GEN AI

Posted by veritas

T.P is amazing

Posted by solarphoenix990

Im not dissapointed with the new TP game for the wii, i just got it for christmas and i love it, the button configuration can be confusing at points and it does have its testy moments where u can never figure out what ur supposed to do.. but otherwise its got great graphics and great control when you need it most. And by the way, game informer mag gave legend of zelda: twilight princess a 10/10 and i think it diserved it, but then again, thats just my opinion.

Posted by Dexter

As I've journeyed further into the game, I notice how much of a port it is. One designed from the ground up for the Wii will be interesting.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm just wondering - how exactly do we identify ported aspects of the game? I don't have a lot of experience on this topic.

Posted by ExoXile

Does anyone miss the part in the 2k5(?) trailer where Link was chased by thru a tunnel by really big spider?

Idk, I just feel that it should've been there, since it was in the trailer.

Also, link was cought in a cocoon, which I would've liked to see in the game too.

They left out some neat stuff from the trailers, but they probably added a ton of other neater stuff.

So oh well.

Posted by Ant

One complaint I thought of last night was the complete lack of sidequests where you have to talk to different people to earn extra items. You could count the whole castle town malo mart thing as a sidequest perhaps, but something a bit more in-depth like the whole big goron sword quest in OoT. Or maybe something like the boosters book that was in MM.

Posted by maian

You mean the Bombers? :cool:

Yeah, TP was lacking in sidequests, and particularly a trading one. =/ I loved the trading quests, and they always payed off. The Biggoron sword one was spectacular. I can't remember in MM, but it'd seem like the Couple's Mask quest came closest. That wasn't much, but the Bomber's Notebook more than made up for that. And WW had the whole Goron merchandise trading, which was enormous. And it also had my favorite sidequest I'd seen in a Zelda game: The Nintendo Gallery.

Tp had like, nothing. =/ It had Malo Mart, and really the only thing you had to do was donate the rupees you found in the 8000 chests spread across Hyrule.And once you did, it was done. It was short.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Majora's Mask also had the quest to create the Gilded Sword. Though that didn't require much, apart from getting gold dust, preserving the Razor Sword for a day, and then some other stuff, idk.

Twilight Princess has the golden bugs, the poes, Malo Mart and the Cave of Ordeals. Not much, really.

Posted by Zeta

A Nintendo Gallery would have been perfect. You could use the overabundance of Rupees for that instead of pictographs or Mysterious Shells, and you actually get to learn the names of enemies and stuff. Win-win, baby.

And I'd love to see another Bomber's Notebook, but it just wouldn't be the same without the time-limit for accomplishing certain tasks. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: A Nintendo Gallery would have been perfect. You could use the overabundance of Rupees for that instead of pictographs or Mysterious Shells, and you actually get to learn the names of enemies and stuff. Win-win, baby.

Most of the enemies were recycled from other Zelda games, so it wasn't hard to identify most of them - Helmasaurs, ReDeads, Stalfos, Octoroks, Tektites and Leevers too. WAIT. No Octoroks.

Why?! :(

But I'm curious as to what the ghost rats are referred to...

Posted by Zeta

I believe someone on GameFAQs posted a list of enemy names from the Nintendo Power Player's Guide, and they were simply called Phantom Rats.

And yeah, it's easy to recognize old enemies, but it's somewhat frusterating not knowing that those Ice Javelin guys are called Chilfos. Plus there were some pretty huge "Are they Darknuts or Iron Knuckles" arguements.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Chilfos is a badass name.

I thought it was pretty obvious they were Darknuts. They were pretty much the exact same as Wind Waker 'nuts, but slightly more intense. Iron Knuckles, on the other hand, are sluggish and wield an ax for massive damage. They also have their own thrones.

Quoted post:
I'm just wondering - how exactly do we identify ported aspects of the game? I don't have a lot of experience on this topic.

"Does it feel like the game was built for this system?" pretty simple.

Quoted post: Does anyone miss the part in the 2k5(?) trailer where Link was chased by thru a tunnel by really big spider?
Idk, I just feel that it should've been there, since it was in the trailer.
Also, link was cought in a cocoon, which I would've liked to see in the game too.
They left out some neat stuff from the trailers, but they probably added a ton of other neater stuff.
So oh well.

Welcome to gaming and trailers.

And that Nintendo Gallery thing is stupid. Needs more Oblivion-like side-quests.

Posted by ccrocker58

Yea, there's already two collection quests in the game, no need for a third. I've never played Oblivion, so I can't really vouche for it, but from what I've heard the side-quests in the game pulled from the main storyline. I can't see that happening in Zelda, a series that has grown to become huge on storyline.

Quoted post: but from what I've heard the side-quests in the game pulled from the main storyline.

You've heard completely and utterly wrong then.

Posted by antisora

hey quick question can you get any other sword other than the master sword

Posted by Zeta

There's a Light Sword, but it's only for one dungeon, and it's just the Master Sword, but SHINY.

Posted by Ant

WHAT A FUKKEN DISAPPOINTMENT!

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You've heard completely and utterly wrong then.

Well, from what I've gathered from friends and reviews is that there's the main story of the game, and then there's other, mini-stories if you will, that have their own quests, such as the whole guild aspect of the game. It seems very open ended. Zelda has always been "save the princess/world in this setting", I can't see it going the open ended route...but like I've said, I've never even touched Oblivion, so I don't know how the quests are made, and how much these other "stories" vary from the core.

Quoted post: Well, from what I've gathered from friends and reviews is that there's the main story of the game, and then there's other, mini-stories if you will, that have their own quests, such as the whole guild aspect of the game. It seems very open ended. Zelda has always been "save the princess/world in this setting", I can't see it going the open ended route...but like I've said, I've never even touched Oblivion, so I don't know how the quests are made, and how much these other "stories" vary from the core.

Oblivion was literally "Save the Emperor/world in this setting." The only difference is that there was an active world around you with guilds and hundreds of people in need. Zelda could easily go down that route, but just not to the same degree. It could be a lot less linear and more open-ended while still feeling tight.

Posted by s0ul

I never want Zelda to be that open-ended. I don't understand why being linear is considered a bad thing. I like having right and wrong ways of doing things, and knowing where to go and actually needing to do things. Sure, some more sidequests could've been nice, but the movement of games being more open-ended and sandboxy is hella annoying.

Posted by ccrocker58

I'm with soul...to a degree...I like linear, but I like having options as well. Admittedly, while I do feel this was one of the best Zelda games made, I do feel it was also one of the most straightforward. You guys are also forgetting about the fishing journal in TP.

Posted by Klarth

If the next Zelda is a sandbox game then I will defecate on Aonuma's welcome mat.

Agreed. It shouldn't change it's formula to that degree. It's not that type of game. But it could easily happen and there's very little separating it from a sandbox-like Oblivion.

Posted by maian

Gawd. I hate games that are too open. I remember playing Morrowind, and it was just so freaking gigantic. =/

Zelda pulls off a nicely large world that is completely open and is free to you anytime you want, except for when storyline elements block certain things off.

If a game like Zelda was almost completely non-linear, gawd, that'd be horrible. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

San Andreas comes to mind when discussing big, open worlds. It eventually became nothing more than a giant obstacle course to fly fighter jets through, and only about one in sixty houses were actually open. While sandbox-style games are all well and good, they need to have some depth. Zelda doesn't really need a world that's any bigger than TP's Hyrule.

Posted by Bebop

I'd like to see a Zelda game bigger than TP but have it filled with stuff rather than empty fields.

I'd like to see a Hyrule field like Oblivion's Cyrodiil. They knew how to create a vast overworld.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, thinking about the Oblivion overworld makes me want to go back and explore/hunt. Zelda's overworld doesn't do that to me, although I'm still hunting for those hearts!

Posted by Kamek

I'm only up to the Sky Temple, (don't spoil anything past that please) but I think I know what you mean. Wind Waker was so much more engrossing and just overall more fun to me. Something about Wind Waker made me feel so much more adventurous. Until I finish the game, I'll reserve my final judgment, but as for now, I think WW beats TP.

Posted by Dexter

While going through TP, I felt my appreciation for WW grow significantly. I like the ocean exploration. It was adventurous.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wind Waker, for me, was forever tainted by the dire Triforce quest. I actually found the sailing pretty fun, but a quest centred roaming across the Great Sea for hours on end turned me off. A lot. I loved every other aspect of the game, though. Even the Tingle Tuner!

Twilight Princess and Wind Waker suffer from the rushed feeling in the later stages of the game. Compare the epic interludes between temples near the start of Twilight Princess to the 'go to temple, then next, then next' towards the end. It wasn't quite the same. If anything, Nintendo's developers should work harder at pacing the game.

Posted by Dexter

Interludes between temples are important. I did feel as though TP started to slack off towards the end. It would be easy to simply add a little story about the temple. Maybe some flashbacks on it's prime or how it used to be used or whatever. Since the temples are usually crumbling, it would be nice to see how they used to be, once upon a time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Dexter: Interludes between temples are important. I did feel as though TP started to slack off towards the end. It would be easy to simply add a little story about the temple. Maybe some flashbacks on it's prime or how it used to be used or whatever. Since the temples are usually crumbling, it would be nice to see how they used to be, once upon a time.

It doesn't really have to be about the temples, but I know what you mean. The prime example for me was the saga between the Forest Temple and Goron Mines. Suitably fun, epic, and plot-relevant. Even the Lakebed Temple had the fun little Zora Prince rescue mission in order to get the Zora Armour.

Posted by Dexter

I think giving the temples more attention will help make them more memorable and fun to play. Far too often do I forget the temples in Zelda games. Only a few stay in my memory. TP temples didn't seem to have the power to stay in my memory. There's only one I know I won't forget anytime soon because it was probably the best temple out of any Zelda game ever (don't want to spoil it).

Posted by Zeta

Stop saying 'temple' as if every dungeon is a temple. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: Stop saying 'temple' as if every dungeon is a temple. :(

Forest Temple, Fire Temple, Water Temple, Shadow Temple, Spirit Temple, Temple of Time, Earth Temple, Wind Temple, Woodfall Temple, Snowhead Temple, Great Bay Temple, Stone Tower Temple, Temple of Winds, Lakebed Temple and Temple of the Four Sword would like to have a word with Zeta.

Outside.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Kamek: Something about Wind Waker made me feel so much more adventurous.

The sailing theme music during the day.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting The X: Forest Temple, Fire Temple, Water Temple, Shadow Temple, Spirit Temple, Temple of Time, Earth Temple, Wind Temple, Woodfall Temple, Snowhead Temple, Great Bay Temple, Stone Tower Temple, Temple of Winds, and Temple of the Four Sword would like to have a word with Zeta.

Outside.

Parapa Palace, Midoro Palace, Island Palace, Maze Palace, Ocean Palace, Hidden Palace, Great Palace, Eastern Palace, Desert Palace, Tower of Hera, Hyrule Castle, Palace of Darkenss, Watergate Dungeon, Skull Dungeon, Thieves Town, Ice Palace, Misery Mire, Turtle Rock, Ganon's Tower, Pyramid of Power, Tail Cave, Bottle Grotto, Key Cavern, Angler's Tunnel, Catfish's Maw, Face Shrine, Eagle's Tower, Wind Fish's Egg, Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, Jabu-Jabu's Belly, Ganon's Castle, Spirit's Cave, Wing Dungeon, Moonlit Dungeon, Crown Dungeon, Mermaid's Cave, Ancient Tomb, Ambi's Tower, Gnarled Root Dungeon, Snake's Remains, Poison Moth's Lair, Dancing Dragon Dungeon, Unicorn's Cave, Ancient Ruins, Explorer's Crypt, Sword & Shield Maze, Onox's Fort, Deepwood Shrine, Cavern of Flames, Fortress of Winds, Palace of Winds, Dark Hyrule Castle, Goron Mines, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins, City in the Sky, and Palace of Twilight.

Yep, looks like they're all temples. :cookie:

Posted by Ant

BE CAREFUL X SOON HE'LL UNLEASH EVERYONE OF THE BOSSES FUKKEN NAMES

Posted by Zeta

I'll do it. I'm ****ing crazy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

A lot of the dungeons are temples. :(

Posted by Zeta

But not all of them, which is what you guys were making it sound like.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Most of the 3D Zeldas refer to the dungeons as temples. It's become a habit.

coughitty cough cough Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time.

Posted by Zeta

Or evidence that they're running out of ideas for dungeon names.

Then again, looking at the huge list of palaces that there are as well...

Posted by G-Sides

maybe i'm just a fukken freak but i've loved every zelda that i've played to date :s while each of them has their own pros and cons i don't think i've ever actually been dissappointed with any zelda game.

or maybe i'm just open enough to not base my opinions on shit like "LOL FIELDS? SUCK!"

Posted by Dexter

I've never been disappointed with any Zelda game either. The ones I think I don't like very much at first end up being my favorites later on, so it seems. I probably have the best memories with The Adventure of Link.

Best memories: Majora's

Posted by ExoXile

ALttP, definitley.
Right after that's OoT.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dexter: I probably have the best memories with The Adventure of Link.

I actually want to see another Zelda like AoL. <_<

Posted by maian

MM ftw.

In other news, I just killed Zant again. I decided not to save, so now, I can do that battle whenever I want. Cause it's amazing. :cookie:

Posted by GameMiestro

I want to see Ganondorf not always look so retarded after Link stabs him with a sword.

Posted by ExoXile

And you know how it'd look if someone got stabbed by a sword?
I mean, lawl, I'm sure you look pretty retarded.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting GameMiestro: I want to see Ganondorf not always look so retarded after Link stabs him with a sword.

I hope you're kidding.

Only Ganondorf could be so much of a bad*ss to be able to stand fully upright with a sword through his gut and a broken neck.

Posted by Zeta

What the hell happens after that anyways? Do they just leave his corpse standing there, for any passing travelers to look at?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Zeta: What the hell happens after that anyways? Do they just leave his corpse standing there, for any passing travelers to look at?

I do not envy whoever extracted the Master Sword and cleaned Ganon's crazy green blood off of it. Maybe he just done the *phoom!* enemy explosion after all his bodily features shut down.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=The X;527277]I hope you're kidding.

Only Ganondorf could be so much of a bad*ss to be able to stand fully upright with a sword through his gut and a broken neck.

Well, it would be more bad*ss if that wasn't one of the funniest parts of the whole game.

Posted by Zeta

The Twilit Kargarocs, a.k.a. trumpet birds are the funniest part. Second place goes to those soldiers in Telma's bar.

"Fro0o0o0nk!"

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You guys are forgetting that Malo is by far the greatest source of comedic value in Twilight Princess. Innocent midget to ruthless businessman in .1 seconds.

Posted by Zeta

Wait a minute... I just noticed that there are no Octoroks anywhere in this game. So much for perfect attendance. ;_;

Posted by maian

Or Moblins. :(

OR DEKUS.

Posted by Zeta

Moblins weren't in LttP or MM. Dekus have only been around since OoT.

EDIT: >_> <_< >_>

Fro0o0o0o0onk! ^_^

Posted by ExoXile

Or magic system, oh noes!!! :O

Posted by s0ul

AND NO GANONDORFS LOL RIGHT GUYS? ;)

Posted by ExoXile

What actually makes TP a little diffrent, is that the minigames can only be played once.

There's no target range stuff, and such.

When you've done it it's done, it wasn't like that in the previous games.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting maian: Or Moblins. :(

OR DEKUS.

Weren't the little green guys that get slaughtered outside Arbiter's Grounds and in various other locations Moblins? Or the big blue and red guys who roam around Hyrule Field? idk.

No Floor Masters, either. Or Mirror Shields!

Bokoblins.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Bokoblins.

Oh yeah, they need spears to be Moblins. Bah.

Things Twilight Princess needed:

- Medieval joust-off
- Shooting gallery
- Horse racing!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The X: Oh yeah, they need spears to be Moblins. Bah.

Things Twilight Princess needed:

- Medieval joust-off
- Shooting gallery
- Horse racing!

There was kind of a joust on the bridge with the hog riding ogre.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Bebop: There was kind of a joust on the bridge with the hog riding ogre.

I mean like, a medieval faire-style one.

That would have been epic.

Posted by maian

Green archer guys: Bulbins

Hairnet things: Bokoblins

That's sad. Bokoblins in this game ruined the cool image they had from WW. :(

So, I just imagine that the green guys are Bokoblins. :cookie: Also, the fat one that rides the ogre is named King Bulblin.

Posted by Zeta

"Link, it... it spoke."

Posted by Pit

here in this old footage, they show a moblin

WHERE DID THEY PUT THEM.

Posted by ExoXile

[IMG]http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/513/513359/the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014815.jpg[/IMG]
:(

I'd also really wanna know where [url=http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/642/642241/legend-of-zelda-twlight-princess-20050816014855796.jpg]this is[/url]

Posted by Ant

They changed the game...oh no.

Posted by ExoXile

They changed just about everything except Link's look, it seems.

OR!
They were mere tech demo's and had nothing to do with the actual game.
Go figure. :)

Posted by Pit

Quoting Ant: They changed the game...oh no.

We know they changed the game, smartass.

People here are complaining about moblins not being in the game, but they were at one point. I just wonder if they took them out altogether, or they looked out of place and replaced them with other enemies, as they look pretty deadly in TP whereas in WW they're cute and huggable.

And they had badass necklaces.

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, dawg.

Posted by Noir

I was kind of dissapointed in the ending. I absolutely loved the ending to Windwaker-very emotional (if that's the word) and epic. The ending cutscene to TP felt kind of watered down. After all I went through in the game and the previous kick-arse cutscenes, the end one left me asking "that's it?!"
Didn't make me connect with the game at all, much unlike Windwaker.
Also...they didnt have a legend at the beggining!!
They broke the tradition!! *gasp*

Posted by Drewboy64

I thought those imp-like guys who were blue/red were moblins.

Posted by Tendo

Quoting Noir: I was kind of dissapointed in the ending. I absolutely loved the ending to Windwaker-very emotional (if that's the word) and epic. The ending cutscene to TP felt kind of watered down. After all I went through in the game and the previous kick-arse cutscenes, the end one left me asking "that's it?!"
Didn't make me connect with the game at all, much unlike Windwaker.
Also...they didnt have a legend at the beggining!!
They broke the tradition!! *gasp*
I was dissapointed in the ending too,don't get me wrong it was okay but it could have been better.
And yeah what was up with no legend at the beggining:dunno: (made me sad)

Posted by ExoXile

I for one liked the beginning.

For once, Link didn't sleep.

Posted by Tendo

ExoXile has a good point there