Another week, another Sony screwup

Posted by Speedfreak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoCD9TwLrVs&eurl=

PS1/2 games look worse on PS3 through an HDMI cable than they do on PS2 with a component cable.

The sheer amount of mistakes they've made used to be comical, but now it's really just getting pathetic.

Posted by Axis

It turns out that only a select few games are having this problem. Some people have reported that they haven't had problems with most of their games, though.

Posted by s0ul

A select few like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy. Isn't that unfortunate.

Posted by Bebop

Yikes. I dont know whats worse: FFX looking crapper on PS3 or FFX. Still though if it can be easily solved with an update than I dont see why Sony would let this continue any longer than it needs to.

Posted by Fate

So it makes them uber-clear with no filter (to the point of being jagged) and this can be fixed with an update.

?

Posted by Unite

Saw this a few days ago , had a feeling you were going to make a post about it.

Posted by mis0

Ugh, that's a major blow to my consideration of a PS3. It would be fine if some lousy games had the problem, but Metal Gear and Final Fantasy? That's plain unacceptable.

Posted by Fate

I'm sure these problems will force Sony to do an update. At least, I would hope so.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Fate: I'm sure these problems will force Sony to do an update. At least, I would hope so.

they will

Posted by Ant

SONY IS DOOMED!

Posted by Speedfreak

The fact that it's fixable isn't even relevent. I just find it astonishing that after over a year there's still a regular stream of disapointments stemming from it.

Posted by GameMiestro

The video looks fake. Get your own pictures before trying to prove a point with this...

Posted by TendoAddict

Pretty gay, Not top on the list of sony blunders but the fact that they didnt do it in the start is sad. It doenst matter that its an easy update, matter that it has to be updated in the first place. Its like if Sony owned a water company and forgot to turn on the filter, and we had to frink our own filth water for a month or so. The problem isnt that its not fixable but that it shouldnt of even happened.

Quoted post: The video looks fake. Get your own pictures before trying to prove a point with this...

Despite the fact that this has been reported by many owners of the PS3 you still want more proff. Even if he DID get pics you could say it doesnt prove anything.

Posted by Unite

Quoting GameMiestro: The video looks fake. Get your own pictures before trying to prove a point with this...

The problem is speed dosen't have a ps3 or a copy of final fantasy X. Hard to say if he even has a ps2 to show if there is any difference.

Posted by Zeta

People still care about Sony's constant bumbling?

EDIT: Eh, as long as this thread is here...
http://gonintendo.com/?p=10435

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]S0NY R FIN1SH3D?!?!?!?!

update, problem, fix, lol.[/COLOR]

Posted by lanzer

Quoting GameMiestro: The video looks fake. Get your own pictures before trying to prove a point with this...

i sence a fanboy in our mists.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Aioros][COLOR=Yellow]S0NY R FIN1SH3D?!?!?!?!

You'd do well to not take their situation so lightly.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]S0NY R FIN1SH3D?!?!?!?!

Spoiler: This problem shouldnt exist in the first place

Posted by Axis

Spoiler: Mistakes happen.

Posted by Echo

Spoiler: When you spend hundreds of dollars on something, it should work correctly.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Spoiler: It will.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

And here I thought everyone knew about compatibility issues! This must be news or something.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Axis]Spoiler: Mistakes happen.
You cannot be serious.

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]And here I thought everyone knew about compatibility issues! This must be news or something.[/COLOR]

And here I thought you knew that the thread was even about.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Mistakes do happen, Speedfreak. Like spending $600 on a sony system.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Mistakes do happen, Speedfreak. Like spending $600 on a sony system.

like buying 2 to sell on ebay and not making a profit

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Unite: like buying 2 to sell on ebay and not making a profit

[COLOR="Yellow"]LMAO! OMG i p[COLOR="Yellow"]i[/COLOR]ssed my pants![/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

There's still a day left on his auction, it's impossible to sell it before the auction ends. I don't know if you've ever actually used ebay, but bids don't pick up until the last 3 hours.

Am I going to have to start editing the stupid out of your posts?

Posted by Axis

I wasn't being serious with my post, christ.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

This is barely a mistake compared to Sony's recent past. In fact, this is like a slow stroll down a beautiful park lined by a shimmering river.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Spoiler: It will.[/COLOR]

No wai. O rly? A mistake this big shouldnt happen. Tiny tiny things are excusable, like dead pixels in hand helds. ONE OF YOUR SYSTEMS KEY COMPONENTS AND SELLING POINTS ISNT.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Bebop: No wai. O rly? A mistake this big shouldnt happen. Tiny tiny things are excusable, like dead pixels in hand helds. ONE OF YOUR SYSTEMS KEY COMPONENTS AND SELLING POINTS ISNT.

To be fair, if was over looked because sony was busy making HD. Which is ofcourse the main reason people get s ps3.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Yeah. Backwards compatibility is an expected feature nowadays, not a ZOMG KEY COMPONENT AND SELLING POINT!! That's why a minor inconvenience that will be fixed isn't a big deal.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Backwards compatibility is an expected feature nowadays,

Oh, 360. You try and try and give us nothing.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: There's still a day left on his auction, it's impossible to sell it before the auction ends. I don't know if you've ever actually used ebay, but bids don't pick up until the last 3 hours.

Am I going to have to start editing the stupid out of your posts?

Actually i have used ebay before, we will see tomorrow.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Yeah. Backwards compatibility is an expected feature nowadays, not a ZOMG KEY COMPONENT AND SELLING POINT!! That's why a minor inconvenience that will be fixed isn't a big deal.[/COLOR]

If its an expected feature I guess its more reason for it to work straight away? ****ing retard.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Bebop: Ok so basically youre saying if its expected its not a big deal if it doesnt work? Idiot. A system being able to read discs is expected. Your basically saying people cant be ****ed if that doesnt work. Its not that hard to udnerstand: if its going to be there it should work. Given that backward compatibilty is a big thing it should work. You're a tit.

[COLOR="Yellow"]You're on to something there boy! If the first line up of PS3's released didn't reaad discs, now THAT would be a problem that i'd be p[COLOR="Yellow"]i[/COLOR]ssed about. Low resolution on PS1/PS2 games that will soon be fixed? Minor Inconvenience, lol.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

I think my editted post says it much better.

As easy as it is to fix it shouldnt be broken in the first place. Its an example of poor workmanship. Even if the PS3 came with millions of problems that could be easily fixed via an update its still inexcusable. You dont sell something that isnt working properly. Especially this badly. That would be like buying a car without a steering wheel and the dealer saying "lol i guess we forgot about that. no worries. it will be fixed in the update. maybe. not sure. dont know when but properly. maybe. no biggy. didnt think anyone would notice. or care"

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Spoiler: It will.[/COLOR]

Spoiler:HOLY SH** IT COMPILES, SHIP IT ≠ proper beta testing

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Hah.

There are deeper problems with the PS3 than this, and it comes down to not being able to keep up with the market. It was delayed a year as it is, and the numerou delays meant that they had to take a risk in releasing it before it was ready or risk their customer loyalty dropping like a stone. They're a victim of their own (lack of) PR department, and the other companies being able to create hardware and make it acceptable much faster.

Sure, it can be fixed in an update, and sure, we'll see what kind of a machine it evolves into later. But the fact that it may be the console I want later does in no way entice me to buy one now.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]That's why a minor inconvenience that will be fixed isn't a big deal.[/COLOR]

It depends whether they will actually fix it though. Is there any news of it?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Dark Kirby: It depends whether they will actually fix it though. Is there any news of it?

Their is no news for it. Thats what the video was for, getting people aware of the issue.

Who even knows how long it will take if fixed at all.

Posted by Poco

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

Posted by Last Fog

"OMG I JUST GOT A PS3 I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT TO WHIP OUT ALL MY PS2 GAMES AND TRY THE BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY. OH NO ITS HORRIBLE NOW I'M STUCK PLAYING NEW PS3 GAMES"

If its gonna be fixed, who ****ing cares, seriously.

Pretty sure it's fixed now.

Posted by mis0

Yeah, Sony is stupid, but so what? Just because you spend hundreds of dollars on something, that doesn't mean it's gonna work without a few bugs. I mean, people spend $30-40k on cars which often have parts recalled due to unforeseen problems with them, or potential failure/bad performance.

You're being rediculous to expect perfection in an imperfect world. Especially from Sony. ;)

Posted by Shade

I CAN'T PLAY SOME OF MY XBOX GAMES ON 360! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE, WE MUST GO AND SLAY EVERYONE THAT WORKS FOR AND IS ASSOCIATED WITH MICROSOFT.

srsly, Speedy. Quit trying to find "problems" with the PS3, okay? For Christ's sake, this hardly makes a difference, and you're parading it around like it's another f*cking Holocaust.

Quoted post: it's another f*cking Holocaust

Sony kills Jews. You heard it here first.

Haha, did I tell you guys about the time I got banned on the CAD forums for saying the Holocaust didn't happen?

Posted by s0ul

I wonder if the people who freak the **** out on Speedy for making these threads realize they're over-reacting to him far more than he is to Sony...

Nope, because everyone reads Speedy's posts as if he's freaking out and screaming as he types.

Posted by mis0

Doesn't he, though?

Yeah, but that's not him overreacting.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Nope, because everyone reads Speedy's posts as if he's freaking out and screaming as he types.

I couldn't be more different in person, ask anyone that's played me on Xbox Live. Granted, that only really leaves Soul and Wings, but still.

Posted by Mitten

YES I agree with Speedfreek on this issue SONY is lame and Mircosoft XBOX will dominate and bring down the PS3. :)

Quoted post: I couldn't be more different in person, ask anyone that's played me on Xbox Live. Granted, that only really leaves Soul and Wings, but still.

It's your e-personality that's doing it. You don't realise it, but you are. Also, why the **** haven't I played you on Live yet? I can barely understand Wings the one or two times I've heard him, and I can only imagine what your rantings sound like in english giberish.

Posted by Poco

[quote]Last Fog disagrees: let me say something irrelevant in hopes people will find it funny even though I'M NEVER EVER FUNNY EVER NEVER AND SHOULD STICK TO BLOGS
Skitzo Control disagrees: Like fall out of the hardware race due to a lack of innovation?

jesus christ way not to recognize one of the oldest things ever.

note: this was sega's actual selling point for the genesis.

also sega pioneered online console gaming.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I can barely understand Wings the one or two times I've heard him

Which I really don't understand. Everyone else ever has told me that I sound vaguely British but I don't really have a regional accent.

Eh.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Poco: jesus christ way not to recognize one of the oldest things ever.

note: this was sega's actual selling point for the genesis.

also sega pioneered online console gaming.
I recognized it, and you said it wrong anyway dip****.

Quoted post: Which I really don't understand. Everyone else ever has told me that I sound vaguely British but I don't really have a regional accent.

Eh.

I don't even remember what you sound like because you're too poor to buy any decent games. I just generalized because generalizations are always correct.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Last Fog: I recognized it, and you said it wrong anyway dip****.

sega does what nintendont?

???

it became sega does what nintendont after the genesis, if that's what you mean.

Posted by Mitten

come on poco nintendp is 4 kids are u a kid poco? "wii" as in penus, i wud guess

Posted by Poco

yo mitten click the link in my sig

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]Which I really don't understand. Everyone else ever has told me that I sound vaguely British but I don't really have a regional accent.

Eh.

Oh, you definately have an accent alright.

Vamp: You haven't played me on Live because I don't play it very often (especially not after my ethernet cable broke). I generally hate my Xbox, the only remotely fun games I have is Halo 2 and Splinter Cell 2.

Oh, Xbox Xbox. **** that.

Quoting Speedfreak: Oh, you definately have an accent alright.

****. I need to spend more time with the Queen.

Posted by Speedfreak

The Queen also has an accent, she speaks bloody weird.

Half of how I talk has no accent whatsoever, but there's definately some London and American in there.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, but that's not him overreacting.

sarcasm get!!!

Yes, we all know Speedy is calm as can be, but that doesn't change the fact that his semi-abrupt posting style makes him seem angry, especially to new members, I would gather.

Quoted post: sarcasm get!!!

Exactly.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Misoxeny]sarcasm get!!!

Yes, we all know Speedy is calm as can be, but that doesn't change the fact that his semi-abrupt posting style makes him seem angry, especially to new members, I would gather.

That's why I changed my title to what it is. Doesn't seem to have worked much, though.

It just sounds condescending.

Posted by Speedfreak

How about now?

Just because you typed it and that's what you sound like when you type.

Posted by Ant

SONY IS DOOMED

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Poco]also sega pioneered online console gaming.Sega was simply the first company to release an online-ready console game, but they were not the originators of the idea. I'm fairly certain that you can thank Seamus Blackley for that.

[url=http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sony_bull****]I sure do love Maddox! (CLICK ME, YOU ****ING MORON)[/url]

Posted by Aioros

[URL="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/758/758306p1.html"]Problem fixed. Oh darn![/URL]

Posted by Bebop

It took that long to fix? Christ.

Posted by Zeta

And now that that's appararently been solved, [url=http://www.destructoid.com/sony-nda-prohibits-developers-opinions-29482.phtml]here's the next piece of anti-Sony news![/url]

Posted by maian

Quoting Zeta: And now that that's appararently been solved, [url=http://www.destructoid.com/sony-nda-prohibits-developers-opinions-29482.phtml]here's the next piece of anti-Sony news![/url]

lol

Posted by Ant

lol

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Bahah, that's gold.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Some (read: the knobs on the Konami message boards) might say that all companies have non-disclosure agreements which those who do business with them must abide by. However, those agreements are used to protect company secrets. Apparently sony thinks that developer opinions on the ps3 are secrets that need to be protected...against shareholders and other developers who might hear "My opinion on the ps3 and sony in general is (adjective of variable quality)," and tell their teams "Well, work on the 360 and Wii instead. They have larger userbases, anyway."

haha, awesome.