Which one?

Posted by Arcadios

I'm going on vacation soon and recently bought 3 CDs to listen to so now I'll get a DS game to top it off.
I'm thinking abut either getting Final Fantasy 3 DS or Castelvania: Portrait of Ruin.
Which one should I get?

Posted by Shade

Arcadios El Rey (2:28:58 PM): vote
ShadeXH (2:30:14 PM): PORTRAIT OF ****ING RUIN

Posted by Arcadios

Arcadios El Rey: heh
Arcadios El Rey: I knew you and Zeta would flip out and be like
Arcadios El Rey: No
Arcadios El Rey: PoR
Arcadios El Rey: now
Arcadios El Rey: go
Arcadios El Rey: get
Arcadios El Rey: it

Posted by Shade

Ya srsly.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Seeing as I've never played Castlevania, I'm voting for FF 3 DS. It looks fun and I'm getting it too.[/COLOR]

Posted by GameMiestro

Portrait of Ruin. It's Castlevania, for pete's sake.

Posted by Dexter

Both are great. You can't really go wrong either way. I'd go with Final Fantasy, though.

Posted by Shade

ZETA, SAVE CASTLEVANIA!

Posted by Zeta

Portrait of Ruin may be the shorter game, but it has a bunch of unlockable modes. 3 alternate character modes, plus they'll all have access to Hard Mode, which lets you set a level cap in addition to putting the enemies on steroids. That equals a lot of replayablity. Also, we could go through Boss Rush together on Wi-Fi.

Hell, just look at trailers and see which one you think is more interesting.
PoR: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DlbbMvoq37E Actual gameplay starts about a minute in.
FF3: Looking for link right now lol. EDIT: k screw it, the only good one I found had some lousy KH music playing for some reason. look for one on your own.

Hey, look at that, I didn't flip out. :cookie:

Posted by Shade

VOTE, ****WAD. VOTE.

Save the day. :(

and oh snap you can set a level cap? LEGEN- wait for it- DARY.

Posted by Zeta

I challenge you to see who can beat Hard Mode with Old Axe Armor at a Lv.1 cap first. :)

Posted by Shade

Accepted.

After I beat the game first, of course.

Posted by Zeta

You know, people really shouldn't be voting unless they've played games from both franchises. =/

Posted by Omni

Get the Castlevania game.

Posted by Echo

I haven't played PoR yet, but if it's like older Castlevania games (especially DoS), than I vote for Final Fantasy 3. Although I do love Castlevania, FF3 is a more in-depth experience. It really depends on what kind of game you want, though. If you would prefer an excellent Adventure-type game, get Castlevania. If you want a more in-depth, classic RPG, get Final Fantasy. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you imagine yourself playing lots of DS on this vacation, FF3 is probably the longer game (just a guess, I haven't beaten it so I can't say exactly how long it is).

Posted by Roger Smith

As much a fan of FF that I am, I will have to go with PoR.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

PoR. If you want a FF get FFVA. It may not be as pretty, but it's a better game than III.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: If you want a FF get FFVA. It may not be as pretty, but it's a better game than III.

Explain.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Slade: Explain.

Well, for one, you can combine the abilitites of two jobs, like in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Also, better plot, music, characters, etc. Basically an amped up FF3 for the SNES era. It also had the first recurring boss in a FF game (Gilgamesh), as well as the first truly depressing character death in a FF game. (Screw Aeris)

lol idk, I can't explain it too good.

Posted by Slade

Eh, I guess it won't matter too much if I eventually beat them all. But yeah, thanks for the info I guess.

A+!!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Explain.

tl;dr version of zeta's: it was released two games later. figure it out.