The Dating Game

Posted by Skitzo Control

When it comes down to it, most gamers are goofy, awkward, reclusive and (for lack of a more sensitive word) ugly, so places that are known for common date-finding areas are quite alien to us. The unwritten "rules" of dating, the games people play, the manner in which to give/get a phone number, and many other activities in such situations are as much as a mystery as how in the hell we actually got ourselves caught up in the mess.

Personally, the idea of getting to know some empty-headed cheerleader with daddy's credit card at the mall is not only unappealing, it's rather upsetting. Not only that, if I wanted to talk with somebody who can't mentally afford to form an opinion of their own, I'd go to the local Denny's and chat with the truckers. Mind you, working at Denny's, I've gotten a few perks from some of our more attractive customers.

My only other choice, other than the high school (and I would hope that I would avoid the high school for obvious reasons) is church, and I'm not a Bible Boy, so that's out of the question.

Getting a person's number is a rather confusing affair, for me. If I do get it, what's the proper etiquette on calling? Do I wait a day? Two days? Three days? How the hell do you introduce yourself over the phone? "Umm... Hi... Is Amber there? Oh, hey, Amber, I'm the total moron who doesn't know how to act in such a situation as this that you gave your number to after I told you how much I hate numetal. Yeah, we met at Krispy Kreme."

Which brings me to the question in order to gives this thread a beacon of hope to keep it from disappearing into the depths of the Community Board: What has been your experience with the dating world? If you've avoided it, why? Don't be shy if your experience with it has been rather pathetic, because there's a good chance many other members on this board can relate to your situation.

Posted by Sean Fury

Sadly for me, I've had two real relationships that have lasted more than a week and two that only lasted five days. The first thing I ever did was "date" a few girls online. Why? Because I had absolutely no self-esteem, could make up things about myself, and most of the time we never saw a picture of each other so we never knew if the other person was hideous and we could basically make them look however we wanted. After awhile of doing that, I realized that online dating was retarded, not just because of distance, but the whole basis of it was dumb. Some person no one knows online? It could be anyone. Even if it was the person you thought, and even if something did happen where you could be together...eventually, what would be the point? That isn't a real relationship. You can't **** a computer. But I digress.

After many failed attempts at real relationships, I was starting to feel kinda down and that's when my friend invited me to a Halloween party, and I decided to go merely out of the fact that I had nothing better to do and that's where I met my first girlfriend, Kayla. I was kind of shy around her at first, but to get rid of that I (keep in mind this was 9th/10th grade here) would sneak up behind her at random times and poke her sides because she was very ticklish, and just little stuff like that over the next couple days at school (just random flirting really). I forget when we started, but eventually we went out and than she broke up with me for some stupid thing I did probably which I can't recall either.

Anyhow, after going through a long emo period, one day my friend Dylan and I were riding our bikes and stopped by the school (after-school, around 3ish) and there were some people we didn't know from the Junior Highschool with our friends, so we stopped to say "Hi" and that's when I met my second real girlfriend, Destanie, who asked me out the next week and we proceeded to date for a year and a half (but sometimes it was kinda off and on because we fought a lot). We argued a lot, it was all my fault really, but she could have been more understanding sometimes, but it really was all my fault. I've learned to accept that and I've changed a lot over the past year, and I'm fairly certain the members here have noticed that too. Oh, and we're going to be dating again soon. Secretly, because everyone (her friends and family, excluding her mom and real dad) don't want us dating.

Lastly we have the two failures of relationships from the end of the summertime. First was my three new friends, Sarah, Ashley, and Gin (the latter being the girl I dated) and the second being a girl named Rachel (very random encounter really). So, Lon and I went to hang out with our new friend Sarah in her little town place whatever, but she had two friends over so we all met up at the park (we took the bus) and that's when we met Ashley and Gin. Ashley was quiet at first, but you could tell she was hyperactive and had a bad case of ADD while Gin was just geniunely quiet...and too ****ing adorable for me to stand (she even had a cute lisp). But we just hung out all day, I flirted with Gin the whole time and than asked her out. Ta-da. Than five days later we stopped going out because she wanted to, than she decided a month later she wanted to go back out, and a few days after that she started pretending to go out with our friend Dillon to make my jealous and make drama...so I'm still ignoring her (because she's an attention whore) and it's driving her nuts.

Uh, anyway, than I went out with Ray a week or so after Gin and this was because I went to my friend Wayne's random party he had and Ra(chel)y showed up at random with her friend Kassandra and suggested we move the party to her house because Wayne's dad got home and was like "WTF" and "GTFO" so we did. At Ray's house I just didn't really display much interest in anything, explored around, cleaned part of her room for her (so I could walk in it and look for something to take from her, but she ended up giving me a video game so I was like..."cool"). All-in-all, I don't know what happened, but we ended up wrestling on her bed and for an hour and a half she kicked my *** and there were many pictures taken by Kassandra. However, in the end I pinned her and she quit. I still have scars on my shoulder, back, and right arm.

For those tl;dr or "fury's post; don't care", my relationships always just pop up out of the blue. I barely do anything, I just kinda stand around and don't say much, but apparantly to all of them I am quite attractive (how I wish that was true). I used to be really ****ty with relationships, but I worked all the bugs out of it (from lots of dating) and I think I'm pretty decent now.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot, I want to make it clear to everyone right now that I've never hit a girl in my life.

Posted by GameMiestro

I completely despise the high school dating world. Seeing two 15 year-olds sucking the saliva out of each other's mouths while flattened against a locker just makes me sick. Happy?

Posted by Dexter

I dated a whole lot during the ages of 14 through 20. Nothing ever got really serious. I was never in love. I got to know many amazing girls during that time and not only did I learn about them, I learn a lot about myself through the process. That's part of what attracted me towards dating. I was so curious as to what was going to transpire, what about myself would shine through. I would often find out things about myself that I previously never noticed before. It also changes you and makes you stronger emotionally and wiser. It's amazing how much you discover about yourself by looking through someone else's eyes. It was as though the more I got to know them, the more I got to know about myself. I was essentially dating myself, somewhat. Such a huge ego. I love myself. :cool:

Since I turned 20 my dating activities have decreased. I suppose I learned that I could get to know girls and myself by simply being friends with them and I have, greatly. I've had two serious relationships in the last 3 years. Both girls were magnificent and I enjoyed my time with both of them. I suppose I slightly do avoid relationships now. Not because it's awkward for me. I'm very social and don't usually come off as this Nintendo-playing, anime-watching, furry cosplayer with 10,000 + posts at VGC! I've never really looked my part, either. My passion isn't really for love or dating or girls. I'm honestly not ready for anything serious. Don't know if I ever will be.

Like, if I had a number to a girl that I liked, I wouldn't have much of a problem calling her and simply striking up a conversation. I wouldn't have to worry about the outcome. If it works, cool, if it doesn't, there's always someone else around the next corner.

Posted by The Judge

I tend to avoid seriously attempting to pick someone up on a whim. Generally I end up getting to know someone a lot better than being a stranger before I end up getting any sort of phone number, mainly because I'm not attractive enough to warrant people freely handing out contact.

I normally do my best when speaking online to get to know someone, because then it's just my personality they get to know, and not jaded by any sort of physical traits. I get to know people really well online, though thus far, only one relationship worked for a time.

Posted by Shade

[quote]I tend to avoid seriously attempting to pick someone up on a whim. Generally I end up getting to know someone a lot better than being a stranger before I end up getting any sort of phone number, mainly because I'm not attractive enough to warrant people freely handing out contact.

That. Only not the last part, I'm kinda good looking.

Posted by Linko_16

Every girl I've ever tried to approach keeps having to ask if we're doing it "just as friends."

Posted by Skitzo Control

Online, for the most part, I don't have a problem getting to talk to people because everybody is, generally, on the same wave-length. In high school, avoided the dating simply because... well, it's high school, and who the hell wants to deal with any of that drama? When I went to church, there were a few girls I was interested in, but hitting it up with some church girl was never all that appealing to me, except the freaky Mormons that roamed freely around the Utah scene.

When I get a number without asking, like most people, I get a little giddy. Somebody was interested enough simply in the way I look that they want to get to know me better? Great, big ego boost!

Posted by Omni

I do pretty good, because I know so many girls. Most of them are only here for college credit stuff, so they're usually only here for a few months each, though.

Man, there's a few people I want to see post here.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I was totally expecting this thread to be like the message board version of the show "The Dating Game" when I clicked on it. That'd be pretty funny.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm going to reread other peoples responses when im not too tired, but my two cents:

Ive been in one relationship that i really cared about, and ti self destructed pretty badly. It was followed by a string of girls I dont remember, and then one relationship that lasted for about two months that ended rather poorly as well.

Basically, I dont try (hence my current lack of anything going on). I just go witht he flow and let what happens happen. I'm not really at a point where I want to deal with someone elses Bs anyway, so its not that bad. As for meeting people, just ignore the fact that they're interesting, really. Act like they're jsut any other person and you tend to get less nervous, increasing you chances of success. It also helps to be self depreciatingly goofy, and to have a sense of humor.

Posted by KoH

Throughout the beginning of my life until I turned 16 (or so) I desperately wanted a girlfriend. Then from 16 until my 18th birthday (less than a week away) I've put aside dating, considering it a waste of my time and money. And then came the accusations of my sexuality.

Accusations/jokes/questions about whether or not I'm gay has come from my parents, relatives, friends, co-workers, and hell, even people I barely know. I don't know why people would assume I'm gay just because when they ask "Do you date?" I respond with "Sure don't." Maybe I'm too cheery or sound too accomplished when I say this?

Anyway, point being is that I now am in dire need of a girlfriend that fits my (admittedly) demanding prerequisites. (Which also, incidentally, is why I haven't even been on a date in my entire life :) ) [spoiler]That or I'm a loser... :-([/spoiler]

Btw, I'm not gay so please, no offers.

Posted by Veiraza

Not quite interested in dating - why? I am not too sure, perhaps I never really grew up "correctly" to be engaged in dating. I am sitting there at a table with my friends when they suddenly started ... dryly reproducing. Most people would laugh or comment on how cute the occasion is, I simply turned my head away; some might think that it is a sign of modesty, though my motive is more disgust. I suppose I never really saw a sucessful relationship in my lifetime, well, I suppose not one that really reached up to what my ideal would be. Perhaps it was because of all the arguing and things I saw when I was a kid that led me up to this alienation. Most folks with divorced parents usually dismiss it, though I've always had problems. Even if I ever did "like" [good *** that term is so overused, I get sick just hearing it] someone, I'd probably rather die before I admit it or even say it verbally since I've never really lost this child-like stigma. Though it does seem rather silly to most people, I assume that its just a me-thing that not many others can relate to.

Just the TERMS sicken and annoy me sometimes. "Dating" or "breaking up" and whatnot. I can never explain it, but its just annoying. Like having "more than one" girlfriend at the same time.

Oh well, only someone who is psychopatic would even bother with me. :cool:

Oh well, who needs womenz when you have salt?

Posted by Omni

Quoting KoH: Throughout the beginning of my life until I turned 16 (or so) I desperately wanted a girlfriend. Then from 16 until my 18th birthday (less than a week away) I've put aside dating, considering it a waste of my time and money. And then came the accusations of my sexuality.

Accusations/jokes/questions about whether or not I'm gay has come from my parents, relatives, friends, co-workers, and hell, even people I barely know. I don't know why people would assume I'm gay just because when they ask "Do you date?" I respond with "Sure don't." Maybe I'm too cheery or sound too accomplished when I say this?

Anyway, point being is that I now am in dire need of a girlfriend that fits my (admittedly) demanding prerequisites. (Which also, incidentally, is why I haven't even been on a date in my entire life :) ) [spoiler]That or I'm a loser... :-([/spoiler]

Btw, I'm not gay so please, no offers.

Dude, you look like Keanu Reeves. It should be easy for you to meet girls. How much do you actually try?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

This is how I met my girlfriend:

I wore a specific shirt, she noticed, said something that tied into it, I laughed and started to discuss thing said shirt was based off, she had to go, gave me her number, I called her the next day and said "Wanna come over to watch a movie?" gave her my address and bam.

Basically, as other people have said, trying is for fags. It's too much effort and you end up meeting a ***** or no one at all. Outside of school my relationships, as Fury said, have popped up out of the blue. I'm lucky because the girl I'm with now is a hell of a lot like me in that we don't need to do anything to have a good time. Unlike relationships where you actively look for a person, who you end up needing to take everywhere to entertain them. Too much work for someone who sucks.

You'll eventually meet the right person, and that's most likely by not going to a bar and acting like a goof. Best thing to do is never to play games, if they give you their number, go home, go to bed, and call them the next day. Mind games are annoying and no one likes them.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Stone Cold Crazy]Dude, you look like Keanu Reeves. It should be easy for you to meet girls. How much do you actually try?

I uh... I don't. :) I'll try post-18th birthday. We shall see what girl's stupid enough to fall for the KoH.

Posted by G-Sides

blah. relationships suck *** but it's so hard to stay away from them.
i guess i'm boring, though.
i can get myself into a relationship with ease but not getting boring is my main problem. tbqh i think the only thing holding me back from not being as kickass as i should be is the fact that i need a ****ing car or something, or at least a girlfriend with a car. the last woman i was with got grounded etc and her car was stripped from her!

so yeah. i'm killer with the women whose houses i can basically walk or skate to from here, but most of the women i tend to date either can't/don't drive and have parent issues and i can never see them outside of school. suxxx.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting KoH: Btw, I'm not gay so please, no offers.

:(

Everyone's gay. They just haven't had the right boy walk by yet. :-*

Posted by KoH

Until now... Vamp, wanna make out?

Sorry LoS. :(

Do you even need to ask?

Posted by Ch

Quoting Skitzo Control:
Getting a person's number is a rather confusing affair, for me. If I do get it, what's the proper etiquette on calling? Do I wait a day? Two days? Three days? How the hell do you introduce yourself over the phone? "Umm... Hi... Is Amber there? Oh, hey, Amber, I'm the total moron who doesn't know how to act in such a situation as this that you gave your number to after I told you how much I hate numetal. Yeah, we met at Krispy Kreme."

Wait at least two days. And just say something like "I was bored." or " I found your number in my wallet." or something like that

I haven't avoided the dating scene at all. I'm not shy at all and I get along with girls just great. You really don't need to be attractive to get girls, despite what most of you seem to think. Granted, I don't think that I'm bad looking at all, seeing that I've lost more weight, working my *** off at school, music, and work, and drinking more, which seemed to have aged my face a little.

I've never even had the thought of dating online. But that's just me.

Posted by Omni

I think dating online is out of the question. It just makes no sense to me.

Quoted post: You really don't need to be attractive to get girls, despite what most of you seem to think.

Bingo. Only problem is, those guys that are unattractive are usually so shy and awful around girls that they don't stand a chance in hell. I guess it comes with the territory if looking not-so-pretty, even though looks truly aren't everything.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Bingo. Only problem is, those guys that are unattractive are usually so shy and awful around girls that they don't stand a chance in hell. I guess it comes with the territory if looking not-so-pretty, even though looks truly aren't everything.

Very true. Most guys like that have VERY low confidence in themselves. That's how I started out. As dorky as it may seem, I never could talk to girl when I was younger but then I realised that, really, girls are just the same as me, except with titties and vaginnnes. Some people are way too afraid of rejection, which is understandable.

Better to be rejected a dozen times than be a lonely virgin :cookie:

Posted by Trigger

It's been pretty easy for me, really.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Ch

Posted by Omni

I've said I found a girl's number in my pocket or wallet a few times. I'd never say I called because I was bored, though. They'd probably say something like, "What?! You only want to talk to me because you're bored?!" I guess I just don't have the time to be yelled at over the phone for calling someone who gave me their phone number, LOL...

Posted by KoH

I have no self-confidence in girls. :( How do I get some?

Btw, Vamp, yeah I did need to ask.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Once you see women for what they truly are--objects sent down by G[COLOR=white]o[/COLOR]d for man's pleasure--you get a little more confidence around them.

Posted by Pit

Posts mysteriously disappearing? Not on my VGC.

I met my girlfriend through a guitar ensemble thing friends invited me too. Turns out my friend had a crush on her, but she likes me, so etc etc, boo ya ka sha.

Posted by specopssv44

The key to meeting girls isnt going to the mall or the movie theatre or whatever. Its social gatherings and connections you make through other friends. If youre under 21 your best chance is a party. If your over 21 or clever enough to get in the hunting ground becomes a bar or club.
If you see a girl you like, the plan of action should not include some sort of retarded pick up line, just go say hi. Seriously its that easy. All you have to do is start a conversation, thats the hardest part. The next hardest part is rembering not to talk more than the girl, let her do the talking, its easier that way. Talk enough, and seem interested enough to keep the conversation going, crack a joke here and there, and maybe even make fun of her a little bit to keep things interesting. You use this conversation to read the girl and tell if she seems interested at all. (If she keeps talking to you, meaning she doesnt immidiatly walk away or say eww, then your looking good). You must rember that more than likely she is with friends, and no doubt the DUFF (designated ugly fat friend) will notice you talking to her, and will immidiatly attempt to interfere with your plot. Once you notice a DUFF has decided its time for her to steal of the girls attention away from you, its time to make your move and set yourself up. You say something to the effect of, hey I gotta go check on my buddy, but we should hang out sometime, and, with any luck she will bestow upon you her cell phone number, mission accomplished.
If you intent is more devious, and your plans include knocking boots that night, you must be more aggressive (please not do not attempt this unless it is clear the target is at the party with serious intent to get ****ed up). Start your conversation, and make sure you keep the alcohol flowing, drukeness is your weapon, and conversation your sheild. if the ***s favor you thats all youll have to do, shell make the first move and you will dissapear discreatly from the whever the party happens to be going on, and into the sweet abyiss that is a totall stragers bedroom, or (as in my case on many a fortunate eve) the back of a firebird.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Skitzo Control: I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, but no girl on the Earth wants to hear a guy say that he only called because he was "bored." That's like saying that you called simply because you had nothing better to do.

Works for me A LOT. I'm being aloof and kinda making fun of the girl.

Posted by mis0

The key to dating? Being beautiful, like me. If I honestly wanted to date, I'd have no trouble since I am, seemingly, quite attractive. That's why I have to lie about being "taken" all the time. ^.^;; On the other hand, I am shy and therefor I often can be awkward unintentionally, so I've blown it with a few people I really wanted to date, too.

I've had a few serious relationships, a few lasting more than several months but none longer than a year. I guess the key is to be honest, but not brutally so upon meeting someone. That's the thing I see a lot of. Nobody likes a liar but too much honesty is just as bad.

For the most part I think dating is stupid. If I don't have a chance of a serious, deep relationship with someone, I'd rather not bother. It's too much emotional crap to have to deal with when you have everything else in the world to deal with.

Posted by Linko_16

The only people who have confessed love for me have been girls with no sense of reality... and men.

I LOVE YOU, LINKO :wave:

Posted by Zeta

Huh, Vamp has no sense of reality. =/

I'm a girl now? Learn to ****ing read, you *****.

Posted by Veiraza

wtf

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I LOVE YOU, LINKO :wave:

*adds a tally to his chalk board*

Posted by Slade

I can't wait till I get out of high school. It's the worst place to meet girls, mainly because they're all retarded or crazy. I'll admit that not all of them are like that, but apparently I attract girls with emotional problems, or who like to lie a lot, so I'm kind of ****ed. Lately(since I've taken a step back from a very affectionate friend), I've noticed a few more looks in my direction. It's really easy for me to make a girl laugh a little, as long as she's not dumb, or as Linko put it, out of touch with reality. There are hordes of blondes here that all my friends are drool over all day, but I say the real goldmine is those kind of quiet but really attractive girls(*ahem* brunettes). It sucks that they usually have boyfriends, most of which have been around for a while, too. Oh well.

I love meeting girls at random events, though. Most recently I introduced myself to this girl all my friends were sort of ignoring, and we ended up getting in a canoe and having a gay ol' time. And it never ceases to amaze me how out of my league a girl can seem, but I can still get a smile from her. Makes my day.

Honestly I haven't had a lot of experience in a relationship with a girl who wasn't depressive or bipolar or something, but I'm hopeful that the days of having a more "normal," maybe even parental-accepted relationship will come soon. [spoiler]BUT I WON'T LOL[/spoiler]

JUST HAVE FUN!

Posted by specopssv44

Quoting Slade: I can't wait till I get out of high school. It's the worst place to meet girls, mainly because they're all retarded or crazy. I'll admit that not all of them are like that, but apparently I attract girls with emotional problems, or who like to lie a lot, so I'm kind of ****ed. Lately(since I've taken a step back from a very affectionate friend), I've noticed a few more looks in my direction. It's really easy for me to make a girl laugh a little, as long as she's not dumb, or as Linko put it, out of touch with reality. There are hordes of blondes here that all my friends are drool over all day, but I say the real goldmine is those kind of quiet but really attractive girls(*ahem* brunettes). It sucks that they usually have boyfriends, most of which have been around for a while, too. Oh well.

I love meeting girls at random events, though. Most recently I introduced myself to this girl all my friends were sort of ignoring, and we ended up getting in a canoe and having a gay ol' time. And it never ceases to amaze me how out of my league a girl can seem, but I can still get a smile from her. Makes my day.

Honestly I haven't had a lot of experience in a relationship with a girl who wasn't depressive or bipolar or something, but I'm hopeful that the days of having a more "normal," maybe even parental-accepted relationship will come soon. [spoiler]BUT I WON'T LOL[/spoiler]

JUST HAVE FUN!

FOOL!!! Highschool was the best place to meet girls. Its a silver platter of pussy! I spent most of HS with one girl so i missed out.

High school was a terrible place. Slade is right, most girls are either braindead or such sluts that it's not even worth it. The rest were just ugly.

Posted by Ant

Dating to me was pretty much out of sight and out of mind while I was in High School. During the years of grades 9-12, I basically kept to myself and friends. I'm not saying I didn't think about girls at all though, quite the opposite actually. However, I didn't have enough self confidence really to even approach any girls. My main problem was that I didn't think I had much going for me, which...I really didn't. I didn't drive, wasn't the best looking guy, and...well that's enough. I wasn't adverse to talking to girls though, I'd say jokes and s[COLOR="Lime"]h[/COLOR]it, and maybe get some good laughs, but the most I would probably get in return is "hehe, ur funny" and then back to nothing.

Heh, my actually first relationship of the sorts was basically mooched off from none other then The Judge. He was talking to this girl on gunbound one day and I guess got her AIM name. He started speaking of her offline whom lived only 40 miles away, and I got curious about who she was so I decided to speak to her as well. After speaking to her about random stuff for probably 2 months, things started to get semi-serious, until we decided to be officially a thing of the sorts. Sadly, I was still unable to drive at the time so it stayed a online/phone relationship at most. When I finally got my license and was able to meet her in real life, things started to pick up. I took her around town where she lived and went on dates of the sorts to various restaurants, parks, and other local venues. Oddly enough though, her mother never even knew of my existence, so we had to be pretty secretive about it. Also, my father didn't know I was going so far with his car. I only managed to bring her over to my house twice, and after dealing with a LOT of issues. I finally broke. I got sick of hearing it and became an extreme dick. The relationship ending quickly. It was for the best though. She was going to be living in futher away soon, which I would have seen her even less then I was already(which was about once or twice a week tops normally). All in all, I still learned a lot in it. The ways of how to act, and how not to act, physical stuff, and even a little bit about myself too!

As for my next/current relationship(lol only 2), we meet, once again, thanks to none other than, The Judge. I know at this point people would probably think that I'm trying to always mooch off of him, but I seriously had no intentions of going out with this girl. I would see her around every once inawhile, maybe strike up a brief conversation, or wave, at the most. Anyways, after he arranged a date with her(via myspace lol), she wanted to invite a friend of hers, and after I spoke with her a bit(via myspace), she asked me to go to so it would be moreso a group affair instead of a date. Anyways, we all went out to eat and the movies. Afterwards, we started to hang out a bit more, still as a group. Then, a few weeks later, after I knew Judge had no chance of going out with her(after asking her), I started to talk to her a bit more on a personal level, getting closer, and calling her more often. Eventually made it official, and we are still going out to this day(7 months on the 17th). Things are a lot better this time around. I can act myself without worry, and we get to see each other on a daily basis.

So to basically answer your question, I didn't do much other then wait for the right opportunity and didn't really go out of my way to meet anyone either. Most important aspect though, always be yourself. That is the best way to judge whether or not you and that someone are going to be compatible.

Heh, not sure if all that info about my relationships was needed...but, I felt like :mad2:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Slade: And it never ceases to amaze me how out of my league a girl can seem, but I can still get a smile from her. Makes my day.

Spoilers: there's no such thing as a girl who is "out of your league." Very few people really think stuff like "Oh, that guy's not nearly cool enough to go out with me," they just aren't interested in a relationship with you... true, it may be because they think you're unattractive, but you're never going to know until you try.

Also, there do seem to be a good amount of pretty, down-to-earth and intelligent girls at my school... just none that can be pursuaded to have anything to do with me.

Quoted post: Spoilers: there's no such thing as a girl who is "out of your league." Very few people really think stuff like "Oh, that guy's not nearly cool enough to go out with me," they just aren't interested in a relationship with you... true, it may be because they think you're unattractive, but you're never going to know until you try.

Spoilers: That's exactly how teen girls think. I've literally had conversations with girls that pretty much end in "he's not in my league." This is seen really only in high schools where cliques are clear-cut and image is almost everything.

Posted by Slade

Quoting specopssv44: FOOL!!! Highschool was the best place to meet girls. Its a silver platter of pussy! I spent most of HS with one girl so i missed out.

Some days I end up thinking sort of like that. Usually days when I've talked to a bunch of girls. But then I get to know them a little better and, yeah, it turns out to be an overdramatic silver platter of cocks. And like I said before, know not all girls in HS are like that, but I only have about 15 minutes outside of class that I spend at the school at all. I can't really get to know a girl in that time. And 15 minutes isn't even enough time to make it not creepy if I say, invited her to something. Woe ist me.

Bah, next quarter I'll be at the college campus nearly all day. Maybe I'll find someone suited to my needs there. I'm way too picky to get laid right now, seriously. :(

No rush, though, either. I'm doing fine being single at the moment.

Posted by Raptor

I've never had any interest in dating at all, for some reason. It just seems like a gigantic waste of time to me, but I suppose part of the reason is that I am just as content to be alone. Besides, participating in the dating game would necessitate emerging from the bat cave that is my social world, and I certainly wouldn't want that.

Quoting Slade: silver platter of cocks

yum

Posted by Dexter

Everyone should try dating various boys/girls before they fall into anything too serious. It's good to gather up whatever experiences you can. You want to learn various things about yourself and people and discover what it means to be compatible. I'll probably start dating again once the new year commences. I feel I could gain more experience and level up a bit more.

Posted by Eggroll

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Spoilers: That's exactly how teen girls think. I've literally had conversations with girls that pretty much end in "he's not in my league." This is seen really only in high schools where cliques are clear-cut and image is almost everything.

yes i was going to say the same thing

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Spoilers: That's exactly how teen girls think. I've literally had conversations with girls that pretty much end in "he's not in my league." This is seen really only in high schools where cliques are clear-cut and image is almost everything.

If this is the case, then clearly, I'm lucky to be in a high school without dumb ****s like this. While there are girls who only care about there image and wouldn't go out with anyone but a jock or whatever, none of them think they're better than other people because of it.

... where the **** do you go to school? Because that's not just a school thing... that's life. So many people think money and looks put them in a whole different league than anyone else.

Posted by mis0

Linko must go to school in Soviet Russia or Mormonsville, USA, because what he is describing doesn't exist, except where everyone is the same.

Posted by Linko_16

If this is reality, I will cling to my fantasy.

Posted by Trigger

[quote]Spoilers: there's no such thing as a girl who is "out of your league." Very few people really think stuff like "Oh, that guy's not nearly cool enough to go out with me," they just aren't interested in a relationship with you... true, it may be because they think you're unattractive, but you're never going to know until you try.

Also, there do seem to be a good amount of pretty, down-to-earth and intelligent girls at my school... just none that can be pursuaded to have anything to do with me.
Not interested, too ugly for her = out of your league. Oh, and one would imagine that a down-to-earth, intelligent girl wouldn't require persuasion to get them to do anything with you - that's usually what makes them so intelligent and down-to-earth. Pretty is another story entirely.

Posted by KoH

I am now accepting sex from anyone willing to provide it.

Posted by Ant

Hey. I live in california, you live in california...it's a match made in heaven.

Posted by KoH

Alright, but no dominatrix ****.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Trigger: Not interested, too ugly for her = out of your league. Oh, and one would imagine that a down-to-earth, intelligent girl wouldn't require persuasion to get them to do anything with you - that's usually what makes them so intelligent and down-to-earth. Pretty is another story entirely.

Yeah, I was going to mention this. How could they be down to earth if they won't have anything to do with you? Even after persuasion no less. Unless by down to earth, you actually meant really shallow.

Posted by specopssv44

ITs not persuasion so much as its just the fact that you need to get to know her. Obviously, you cant expect a girl to look at you and decide that she does or doesnt want anything to do with you. Different girls like/want different things, even if A girl thinks your not all that good looking, if shes attracted to your personality youve got your foot in the door.
There are those weird exceptions, girls that just throw themselves at just about everyone, I suggest avioding them because they are usually crazy and may carry a disease.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Trigger: Oh, and one would imagine that a down-to-earth, intelligent girl wouldn't require persuasion to get them to do anything with you - that's usually what makes them so intelligent and down-to-earth.
[quote=Philsdad]How could they be down to earth if they won't have anything to do with you? Even after persuasion no less.[quote=specopssv44]Obviously, you cant expect a girl to look at you and decide that she does or doesnt want anything to do with you.

Meh, now it's my turn to correct you guys based on experience. Guys aren't the only ones who, as much as anyone might claim otherwise, can't always get around the fact the their pursuer isn't exactly a heart-stopper. I myself am often appreicated by my schoolmates as a funny, smart, virtuous, kind guy. Sounds like pretty good resume when you're in search of a girl, right? Yet I've asked out plenty of girls who I could have intelligent conversations with, girls whose personalities I could appreciate as much as their looks, yadda yadda yadda, all of whom refused to even give me a chance. I garuntee you that if I were a thin, dashing fellow, even the intelligent, down-to-earth girls would regard me with a little more consideration.

Then they aren't down-to-earth. Simple. It's funny how kids seem to change a couple years out of high school. Suddenly you actually do mature and deflate your ego a bit. Which the girls your talking about, clearly, haven't hit that age yet.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I usually find that 'can I have your number?' works well. Prefacing it with an introduction and a compliment, and outside of a club setting.

Posted by KoH

"Hi, I'm Chris. I am also known online as "the KoH lord." You have lovely tits and I'd like to **** them. May I have your number please?"

See, it's people like you who really need the advice in this thread.

Posted by KoH

"Hi, I'm Chris. I'm a level 60 Night Elf hunter with epic gear. Once I'm attuned, I'd like to enter your Caverns of Time and **** the aggro out of it. May I please add you to my buddy list so we can group together?"

"Want to come see my HARD DRIVE? I promise it isn't 3.5 inches and it ain't floppy."

"I just **** into my pants. Can I get into yours?"

"Uh, like let's drop all the uh B.S. and like, you know, do it."

"I wanna put my thingy into your thingy."

"Nice shoes, wanna ****?"

or my all time favorite:

"So, you're a girl huh?"

I don't understand how phrases such as these could possibly be considered in "bad taste."

PS: I didn't come up with some of those. Sorry for the list of lame pick-up lines, but I thought some were funny. :D

That's better.

Quoted post: "So, you're a girl huh?"

That one's cool because people actually use it.

Posted by KoH

I could totally see myself being one of those people.

Except I'd probably make it even lamer and add to the end: "How's that working out for you?"

Posted by Ant

I always thought this line was funny to ask girls at their place of work. "So, you work here often?"

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post:

Quoting Linko_16: Meh, now it's my turn to correct you guys based on experience. Guys aren't the only ones who, as much as anyone might claim otherwise, can't always get around the fact the their pursuer isn't exactly a heart-stopper. I myself am often appreicated by my schoolmates as a funny, smart, virtuous, kind guy. Sounds like pretty good resume when you're in search of a girl, right? Yet I've asked out plenty of girls who I could have intelligent conversations with, girls whose personalities I could appreciate as much as their looks, yadda yadda yadda, all of whom refused to even give me a chance. I garuntee you that if I were a thin, dashing fellow, even the intelligent, down-to-earth girls would regard me with a little more consideration.

Dude have you seen me before? My teeth are as crooked as a dogs hind leg and I have a receding hair line (at the tender age of 20). Its not really about how you look man, its about finding a way in, and attacking/exploiting it.

Quoted post: "So, you're a girl huh?"

dude ive totally seen that **** work before haha

Quoted post: Its not really about how you look man, its about finding a way in, and attacking/exploiting it.

Just like a marine.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting specopssv44: attacking/exploiting

Real nice words to use for getting to know a girl.

Posted by Dexter

Fate likes them aggressive, dominant, and powerful. Girls are more attracted to such manly attributes than you think, Linko. Look at your sister. She adored my domineering attitude towards her back in the day and think of Billards personality. I know she's your sister, but you can still learn a lot about girls from them.

Posted by KoH

I like using strategic jargon to express battle plans on how to capture the enemy fortress which is commonly referred to as the "Vagina." :(

Posted by specopssv44

We have a saying in the Corps we use when refering to urban combat, but I find it applys to most everything else in life...."What you lack in tactical proficiancy, can easily be made up by Violence of action" meaning being agressive and intense.

And beating your *****es.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dexter: Fate likes them aggressive, dominant, and powerful. Girls are more attracted to such manly attributes than you think, Linko. Look at your sister. She adored my domineering attitude towards her back in the day and think of Billards personality. I know she's your sister, but you can still learn a lot about girls from them.

Girls want that from a guy from whom it is welcome. From fat, ugly ****s, it's just creepy.

I'm not a pussy when I ask out girls, anyway. I conduct myself pretty confidently.

Posted by Omni

On a slightly related note, I once had a girl I was dating tell me that I was getting hair all over her apartment. After that, I just figured that it wouldn't work out between us. I think I'd know if I was shedding.

Wait, what? Are you a dog, or something?

Posted by KoH

So last night when I was visiting my old job at a movie theater I managed to muster up the courage to speak to a new girl who was recently hired there. I also managed to get a date. I AM NO LONGER A DATING VIRGIN.

Spoilers: dating sucks.

Posted by KoH

NOT FOR A NERD IT DOESN'T.

Yes it does.

Posted by KoH

Hey, you know what? I don't care. :)

****... I'm eating this really bizarre candy cane right now. It's not peppermint or any sort of other flavor I've had before... I got it from Taco Bell (No, I didn't eat any lettuce) with the other **** I ordered. Is it a mexican candy cane? It's like... delicious yet revolting.

Quoted post: Hey, you know what? I don't care.

Just sayin'. You'd think it's neat... then you realise they're unfulfilling and suck cash out of your wallet way too quickly. Better to just find someone you click with immediately and spend time with them like you would a friend. Dates are usually too formal for their own good.

Assuming when you said date you meant "going to dinner and a movie with some chick lol" and not just "going out" with someone.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Wings: Wait, what? Are you a dog, or something?

No, but she was acting like my hair was falling out everywhere or something. I think she's a psycho, because she still calls me all the time and leaves messages that I laugh at on my voicemail.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Just sayin'. You'd think it's neat... then you realise they're unfulfilling and suck cash out of your wallet way too quickly. Better to just find someone you click with immediately and spend time with them like you would a friend. Dates are usually too formal for their own good.

Assuming when you said date you meant "going to dinner and a movie with some chick lol" and not just "going out" with someone.

But... i want 2 sneeze in her vagina :(

Buy a hooker. They're like five bux. A date is at least twenty and doesn't guarantee a thing. IT'S ALL PROFIT YEAH!

Posted by Omni

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Buy a hooker. They're like five bux. A date is at least twenty and doesn't guarantee a thing. IT'S ALL PROFIT YEAH!

I'm waiting for the obvious follow-up to this post.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]Buy a hooker. They're like five bux. A date is at least twenty and doesn't guarantee a thing. IT'S ALL PROFIT YEAH!

When you're with me... everything's guaranteed.

It's true. Legally binding, I'll ****ing satisfy every single one of your cravings.

But you are still an actual virgin. Good luck with that!

... was that directed at me?

Posted by Fate

I've only dated one person and he happens to by my current boyfriend. Four years, about.

I was always afraid of boys, what with "false intentions" I kept hearing about. Internet boyfriends can't try anything on me, so it was easier for me to become attached to someone without worrying about true motives.

And, for the record, when I first met my boyfriend [online], he wasn't the bustling and arrogant guy he is now. He was flirtacious (the way I got it he was the type to only flirt online, not in real life because he might choke or something) and very nice to me. He wasn't aggressive at all. When we actually met, his confidence grew tremendously, as did mine. We came to a general agreement that we were both attractive individuals with a simple string of bad luck with the opposite sex. Then we became arrogant pricks with a penchant for hard sex.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]... was that directed at me?
Yes, yes it was. Jesus, Vamp. Keep up!

It's pretty ****ing obvious that I'M a virgin so you're the only other one that such a remark could be made towards.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Linko is right about high-school leagues. It's only code word for "I'm not attracted to him". It's making an excuse. If the girl wants the guy, she won't say she's out of his league, no matter what clique he's in or what he looks like, or how rich he is. And for the record, game supercedes money or looks. If you have no game, you need money and looks. If you have game, you can still be broke and ugly.

Anyways, I never dated in high school - too shy. Since then, I've had three girlfriends and more girls I've just dated casually. I just got started late.

Posted by mis0

I'm not sure what I said about dating earlier in this thread (brain damage lol), but on Wednesday, I have what may be my first date in almost a year and a half. I'm not sure if this is just a "as friends" thing or not yet - me and this other person like each other, but are both kinda shy, and we've been friends a long time. Doesn't seem too much like "just hanging" to me though, because we don't usually do that. :/

I really hope this is our "first date". I'd be so KEKEKEKEKE ^____________^ and happy and stuff.

Haha, totally directed at the KoH. The whole fifth page of this thread somehow escaped my notice.

Posted by KoH

Oh... You dick.

Posted by KoH

Oh... You ****ing dick. >:-0

Posted by Aesthetic

I haven't dated much. I dated two guys in high school, one turned gay and then back, and the other just wanted other people to see that he could get a girl - "and dude, guys, unlike you, I not only have a girl, but she's hot." Overhearing that kinda ruined things for me. After high school, I dated a guy who was obsessed with holding my hand. "I love holding your hand, Sam. I.. I love holding your hand." He also told me that I made him feel like a virgin again. Joy.

After that, I had a relationship that lasted only for a couple of weeks, but I learned a lot from it. It was good experience, emotional and physical. That helped me with my next relationship (my last one), in which the guy was going into the Navy. Here's a nifty story: k, so while we were dating, he told me that I could come in anytime - he always left the door unlocked. I would always knock, saying, "But I can't just come in, that's rude!" And he would always reassure me that I was allowed to come in at any time. Also, he told me that he's never been surprised, and that I could never surprise him, no matter what I did.

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I take up any challenge - and that was definitely a challenge to me. So, a few days before he left for the Navy, I stayed up until 4:00 AM (watching movies, doing what I normally do until I fall asleep). Right before I went to bed, I decided that I would go over to his apartment. So I did.

I went over, opened the door, walked into his bedroom, got up onto his bed, and straddled him. He woke up, and his reaction? "JESUS CHRIST!! JESUS- WHAT THE- WHO ARE Y- JESUS CHRIST!!!" I started laughing so hard that I could barely calm down enough to say, "Calm down, it's only me!" When he realized it was his girlfriend, he calmed down, grabbed my hand and tried to get his nerves back under control. To help, I started talking to him "soothingly," and started kissing him. He kissed back, but was obviously a bit too jolted to do much else, so I got up, said, "Don't forget to lock your door," and walked out.

I guess that was a bit too much for him, because he broke up with me a couple days later.

But I did surprise him.

Haha, that's an awesome story.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Sweet, thanks Sam!

Dear Penthouse Letters...

Posted by Aesthetic

I try.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Aesthetic: but I learned a lot from it. It was good experience, emotional and physical.

Whoa, whoa, was this one me? :cool:

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=Dexter]lol. Aesthetic costed me over 1,000 dollars and we didn't even last a year.

Whoa, whoa, was this one me? :cool:

Posted by Trigger

Oh, snap!

Seriously, though, I think being ultimately nerdy is perfectly fine, only if you have an epic level 60. These ones are for you, KoH...

"Want to go raiding?"

"So, uh, want a Fort?"

"I would so kidney shot you, deep inside."

"So... What's your buyout?"

"Want to be my epic mount?"

"I have a legendary two-handed weapon in my pants..."

And, in the spirit of The Burning Crusade expansion:

"I'll go through your dark portal."

P.S. Dexter, if you think happiness and life-long relationships can be bought, you're a moron. Stop complaining about losing $1,000 to a relationship that didn't even last - you had the choice and you made it. That's not her fault. If Samantha was talking about you, at least she had the decency to leave your name out of it. Stop acting like such a victim and quit being a baby.

Posted by Dexter

Never said happiness and life-long relationships could be bought. That's just silliness. I was never blaming her, either, or anyone for that matter. She knows I don't care much about money at all and hopefully knows that I wasn't complaining about it. It was just an observation that went well with the subject I placed in it. I was glad to help her out and get her and her cat away from her father. I don't regret it at all. I never wanted her to pay it back to me either. I always told her to keep it. She needs it more than I do. I know I did a good thing and made a good choice.

And I don't use my money to try and earn a life-long relationship. I don't know where you got that impression from, but it's not me at all. Samantha knows that I help out my friends and family all the time. I just bought my sister a plane ticket the other day and I'm always helping out my roomies with no regrets. I spend a lot of money, but I make good money, so why not use it in places that matter and will help?

I bought many relationships in my day. Ifyouknowwhatimean. Good times.

Posted by Trigger

IthinkIknowwhatyoumean!

Posted by Speedfreak

EXTREMELY LATE ENTRY:

I met my girlfriend here. She asked me out. We've been going out for over 4 years and we're going to university together. I don't know what the hell happened.

If we broke up I couldn't give myself advice on dating, much less anyone else.

Posted by Ant

WHAT WAS THEIR SCREENNAME ON HERE?!

I also wanna know.

Posted by Dexter

I think it was Moogs or Moogle or something like dat. Forgot. She doesn't come around anymore.

lol moogs is a guy. And for a split second I thought you meant Moogle from VGS who was a guy pretending to be a girl. Scary thought.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Dexter;520748]I think it was Moogs or Moogle or something like dat. Forgot. She doesn't come around anymore.

Way off.

She hasn't been here in a little under 4 years. She lurks sometimes, though.

Posted by Twilight Chick

Quoting KoH:
(Which also, incidentally, is why I haven't even been on a date in my entire life :) ) [spoiler]That or I'm a loser... :-([/spoiler]

aww... well thats sad...
i've only found one person who really loved me... and now he might be dumping me for some other girl... i dunno, maybe people don't like me cuz i'm too quiet, or fat, or something. i really hope he doesn't, cuz then i'd be looking again, and no ones cared for me as much as he did.

and you guys probably don't care cuz i'm, like, the most hated member on VGC...

For anyone who's interested I totally have Speedy's girlfriend's AIM s/n. On sale to the highest bidder.

1200 Wii points. Get yerself a pretty Mario Kart.

Posted by Dexter

I think I still have hers unless it changed. I was certain she went by the name Moogs or something like that somewhere.

I totally think Moogs is a guy.

Are you thinking of Moose? Because that was my ex.

Posted by Dexter

That is what I was thinking. Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted by Ant

HOT

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, she was fun to talk to. I remember she gave me a few laffs. Whatever happened between you guys? You still friends?

Posted by Ant

I don't want to talk about it.

Haha.

Basically, remember MooJ? Yeah. He was her cousin.
I still speak to her every now and again, but ever since she decided it would be better if we never saw each other and moved 300 miles away, I don't tend to run into her in the street.

Posted by Ant

You were going out with speedfreaks cousin?

No, we're talking about someone else. Keep up.

Posted by KoH

One line posts are really cool.