Anybody into playing around with Action Replay

Posted by Arczu

I'm not asking this in the Code boards because they are slow... and it doesn't apply here, but I was wondering if anybody found any kind of longevity using it?

Although I heard about Memory cards getting erased and stuff, I generally took the memory card out and found that the were some really fun things you could with it. Not to help you finish the game (I'm already finished the game), but do stuff for example, in Sonic Adventure DX, you could get other character's into Sonic's stages and etc. I mean, when you don't play a game anymore, would go back to it and see what would happen playing with some codes on?

Posted by Sean Fury

If it was guranteed to not **** up my game, of course I would.

Posted by Last Fog

I had a lot of fun with RE4. I could substitute enemy models, play as any merc character in the main game (caused it to freeze a lot though), and alter the size of Ashley's various body parts. :angel:

Posted by Ant

I used mine on Animal Crossing to get the 5 secret NES games and some other stuff on there. And that's it really. I should do more :)

Posted by Dexter

I don't have one, sadly. I used to use the GameShark for the 64 all the time to give games more replay value. Extra levels in Goldeneye's multiplayer and stuff. I should get one for the Cube. I'll look into it right now.

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Sean Fury: If it was guranteed to not **** up my game, of course I would.
It's not like Gameshark where you could permanently screw up your cartridge though. It just simply has some values loaded into memory. Can't write to a gamedisk.

But the memory card is a precautionary measure. Saving the game with items you aren't supposed to have, etc. I just load from it, then take it out for the session.

Posted by Dexter

Also, I've used the GameShark a lot during my Nintendo 64's lifespan and none of my games have ever had any problems. I did, however, use a key-code once for a game I didn't have and I couldn't use the Shark until I got the game and loaded it. Very sad and stupid was I.