The Beach is Great.

Posted by Last Fog

Honestly, who doesn't like to go to the beach? It's great. I'm sure many of you never experienced it, so let me tell you what you're missing.

First you get there and take off your shoes, then burn your feet on the sun scorched sand. You walk in pain all the way down till you find an empty spot next to a bunch of sweaty smelly strangers and put your stuff down. Then you and your friends lay in the sweldering sun for awhile until you're bored of getting baked. So what else is there to do but go into the dirty, freezing cold ocean and get smacked around by waves. Then you have the pleasure of getting salty water in your mouth and up your nose that makes you choke. In between waves you simply walk around... cutting your feet on seashells, trudging through the water as it pulls you in, and out, in, and out. Then, after you've been molested by waves long enough, and have enough sand in your ears and eyes that you can't see or hear, what else is there to do but return to your towel, now inevitably covered with sand, and bake some more. Then repeat the process. Go back into the water, re-adjust to the temperture, etc.

Man, I can't wait till next summer.

Posted by Arcadios

*Waits for a certain someone to post*
;>_>

Posted by Dexter

Love the beach. Love the ocean. Good thing I live nearby the Oregon coast. I know I'd miss it if I left it. I really don't know how I did without it before when living in Montana.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I love to go too the beach. Try wearing swimming shoes, they can work a bundle for sea shells, rocks, and sharp glass.

Posted by Raptor

I thought this was going to about the movie The Beach, which was great.

I vastly prefer being up in the mountains, though. Cooler, quieter, and I'm attracted to high places. Stereotypical white sand beaches full of people and blazing sunshine turn me off immensely, though I enjoy wandering along beaches at the mouth of a large valley where the wind is heavy, trees hang over into the water, waterfalls plummet over the cliffs, and large streams rush into the sea.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The beach sucks. Hate going to the beach.

Posted by Crono

I prefer the Gulf of Mexico over this stupid Pacific here on the west coast.

Water is much, much warmer with the Gulf, although there aren't many shells out here to cut your feet on. Definitely better waves here too, but big waves don't matter when you're freezing and don't want to get in the water.

Posted by Slade

My favorite beaches are the tiny secluded ones surrounded by rocks to climb and with deep caves onshore. I never really enjoy myself at the big beaches because all the sand is just too annoying. I hate walking on it, and it's even worse when there's a little bit in your shoes that won't come out. That's why I think it's a lot better when it's wet outside and a little overcast- The sand doesn't get everywhere.

Then again, surfing is fun and a beach is the best place to play with a frisbee in the world. Last summer some friends and I rented mopeds(purely because we had just turned 16) and took those for a spin out on the beach. It would have been one of the most fun things ever to race them if they had both gone the same speed, but one went about five miles an hour faster than the other.

Posted by Ant

I like the beach to an extent. Although I do have fatman syndrome. Regardless, I don't care how cold the water is, I always go in. I just can't resist getting thrown about by the waves. I also find it's fun to go to during the night hours. Just to chill, and look at the stars with the sound of the waves in the background. Very serene

Posted by Omni

I remember that movie. I live in Florida, but I rarely go to the beach.

Posted by Sean Fury

*******, I hate the beach with a fierce passion. Not only did I get sick of getting stung by jellyfish, but the mere fact that you have to buy beachtags to go ON the beach (because of the tourists, we need to make money, etc.) just ****es me off to no end. But that isn't just it, I have a horrid fear of the unknown in dark water, a bad fear of sharks, and an even worse fear of sea spiders (I don't care where they live, they bother me). Aside from that, I hate hate getting wet, I despise water and I especially despise water with salt in it. I also don't like lakes, by the way. I do like swimming pools, if that counts for anything.

Bah, this post is full of hate and suck.

Posted by Raptor

Yet you like dipping in underaged girls after getting them wet and sweaty, go figure.

Posted by Arwon

Not a huge fan because I don't like salt water or sand, but since I live a few blocks from Coogee Beach (not as famous as Bondi Beach, but probably nicer) I do tend to go down there occasionally. The best beach I've ever been to is probably one of the beaches near my hometown, down on the NSW south coast... sand so white and fine and bouncy that it squeaks when you walk on it, barely a person to be seen as far as the horizon stretches. If it's beaches you like, you really cant beat Aussie beaches in the summer. And there's the added bonus of the Christmas beach BBQ, which is probably the best possible way to spend Christmas.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I go to the beach very rarely. I don't enjoy it that much anyway. The water is salty most of the time and I get bored of swimming very quickly. I hate to just lay down on a towel and burn up too,so...It's good for a dip and some fun with friends, but if it's as a family, no.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

I hate the beach. I hate going in the water, getting covered in sand and seeing ugly people not wearing much.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Bebop: I hate seeing ugly people not wearing much.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]That you can't avoid. It's everywhere.[/COLOR]

Posted by Shin-Ra

I live close to the Gulf of Mexico and it's nasty enough for me to hate beaches. Anyone who says the Gulf of Mexico is nice is obviously going more towards the Florida side, because the Texas and Louisiana half is nothing but nasty brown water. On top of that, there are a lot of jellyfish and the beaches just plain suck.

I still like the ocean though. Just not the one next to me or the Pacific (too cold).

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Last Fog: Honestly, who doesn't like to go to the beach? It's great. I'm sure many of you never experienced it, so let me tell you what you're missing.

First you get there and take off your shoes, then burn your feet on the sun scorched sand. You walk in pain all the way down till you find an empty spot next to a bunch of sweaty smelly strangers and put your stuff down. Then you and your friends lay in the sweldering sun for awhile until you're bored of getting baked. So what else is there to do but go into the dirty, freezing cold ocean and get smacked around by waves. Then you have the pleasure of getting salty water in your mouth and up your nose that makes you choke. In between waves you simply walk around... cutting your feet on seashells, trudging through the water as it pulls you in, and out, in, and out. Then, after you've been molested by waves long enough, and have enough sand in your ears and eyes that you can't see or hear, what else is there to do but return to your towel, now inevitably covered with sand, and bake some more. Then repeat the process. Go back into the water, re-adjust to the temperture, etc.

Man, I can't wait till next summer.

wow, you're a giant pussy.

Sounds like you've never been to a decent beach, which isnt really suprising. A lot of people just go to a few beaches around here that get way overcrowded, and tend to suck *** because they;re too ******* lazy to find a decent one to go to. St Pete beach is the most commonly visited beach around here, and it sucks total balls. Drive about 20 minutes away and you find what was voted the number 1 or 2 (dont recall) beach in america. You just have to find a beach that isnt crowded first off.

Second, cold water? oh lawd. In the middle of december, i could go to the beach and the water wouldnt be any colder than like 65 degrees. In summer that goes up to like high 70s, maybe sometimes 80s if its crazy hot for a while. Also, learn to swim and you wont have to worry about getting saltwater in your nose and mouth. And sandals=NO MORE SHELLS DURR. Or just, you know, stop being a pussy about it.

Beaches kick ***.

Posted by Pit

Man I feel bad for most of you that haven't been to a decent beach. Go the Caribbean and tell me that the beach isn't a nice place to go to.

Stop going to polluted areas with murky water and think that all beaches are like that.

Posted by Fate

I'm too concerned with natural wildlife in the water and land, so no beaches for me. All that sand is terrible, too. It's messy and difficult to clean off with just a few pats.

I come from the mountains, but I'm not a hiker, either. Maybe a nice picnic at a shady mountain base would be nicer.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I enjoy going to the beach, to an extent. I haven't ever been to a decent one, and I imagine that's why I don't get much of a thrill out of going. It's still fun, though. I should take up ice skating again and go during the winter.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Lord of Spam: wow, you're a giant pussy.

Sounds like you've never been to a decent beach, which isnt really suprising. A lot of people just go to a few beaches around here that get way overcrowded, and tend to suck *** because they;re too ******* lazy to find a decent one to go to. St Pete beach is the most commonly visited beach around here, and it sucks total balls. Drive about 20 minutes away and you find what was voted the number 1 or 2 (dont recall) beach in america. You just have to find a beach that isnt crowded first off.

Second, cold water? oh lawd. In the middle of december, i could go to the beach and the water wouldnt be any colder than like 65 degrees. In summer that goes up to like high 70s, maybe sometimes 80s if its crazy hot for a while. Also, learn to swim and you wont have to worry about getting saltwater in your nose and mouth. And sandals=NO MORE SHELLS DURR. Or just, you know, stop being a pussy about it.

Beaches kick ***.
Nah, all beaches suck. Sorry if it makes me a pussy for not having fun flopping around in the ocean. And then theres the sand. Any beach you go to has sand. And sand is a *****.

Someone explain the enjoyment in it, cause I honestly can't find any.

Posted by Fate

I prefer shallow artificial pools where all the germs are killed. At least most of them are.

Posted by Bebop

I'd rather go to a swimming pool than a beach. Its cleaner and I dont get sand in my food.

Posted by Sean Fury

I had a seagull steal a cheeseburger out of my hand before. I think that's a good reason!

Posted by Zeta

Group me with the people that hate the beach.

Posted by Kit

I got lost at the beach when I was 6. :(

I like to go maybe once a year at most. I'm not too fond of going there a lot, to be honest.

The worst part about the beach is cleaning the sand off afterwards. **** that ****. Too much effort to finish up what was supposed to be a relaxing day.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Sean Fury: I had a seagull steal a cheeseburger out of my hand before. I think that's a good reason!

That's a great reason to go!

And who would bother cleaning themselves of sand? I don't care if there's a little sand between my toes after I roll in the sand dunes for awhile. It doesn't bother me afterwards and it isn't really going to hurt anything! I like the sand myself.

I usually don't even go to the coast to relax. I use a lot of energy while I'm there.

Posted by Veiraza

I hate tropical beaches - that said, I've never been a big fan of Florida or Hawaii [though I've never been to the first, I cannot really see myself enjoying it.] However, I love the Northern Californian coasts. I recall two years ago I went on this nice road trip down Highway 1. I've fallen in love with the Maine's landscape too.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Xero: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]That you can't avoid. It's everywhere.[/COLOR]

Judging from my past experiences, I'd say you're dead wrong. Get out and see the world outside of Deep Throat.

There sure are a lot of pussies around here, complaining about how they hate getting sandy or cleaning sand off their bodies. I walk into K-Mart without a shirt after a twilight at the beach and about half a pound of sand rubs off my body while I'm shopping, and I don't care. Besides, it's truly a splendorous experience to go out and feel the wet, squishy sand between my toes, as well as on the rest of my body, just like the salt in the breeze and the water. It's one of those little earthly experiences that bring me closer to nature and the true reality of things, although that's something I don't expect many depressingly unadventurous homebodies to relate to.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Veiraza: I went on this nice road trip down Highway 1.

Gorgeous drive. I've taken it over 20 times in my life, easily, and each time I seem to appreciate it more. Somehow, it always looks so different. Once you connect into Oregon it gets really nice. Like, where they filmed The Goonies and Free Willy.

Posted by Slade

I think going to the beach would be a lot more fun if I had a good shower and a bed to sleep in afterwards. Every time I go I'm either camping or staying in a crappy trailer. Trying to sleep in a sleeping bag after getting sandy at the beach is a horrible way to end the day and almost ruins the memories of the fun I had while I was in the sand.

Oh, and some people said they like pools. I don't reall like them because the chlorine is usually out of balance. I'd rather swim in regular old lake water that is a lot easier on hair and skin(well, unless you get a rash :/ ). It's so much deeper, too. Rivers are pretty fun, too, except around here they're usually about 40-50 degrees. A warm river... man, that'd be something.

Lakes > Rivers > Oceans > Pools

Posted by Dexter

The ocean doesn't seem like the proper place for me to use as a vacation method. It's more of a place to go to spontaneously, whenever the moment calls for it. A common, there when I need it advantage.

WHY IS THERE A GOAT ON THE BEACH?!

edit: wait, that's a dog.

Posted by Dexter

ha. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a goat. Raptor has a way with the animals, like Cinderella or Bobby Platt.

Posted by The Judge

Being hydrophobic, easily bored, and averse to sunlight, I hate the beach.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Dexter: That's a great reason to go!

Around here you get a fine for feeding Seagulls.

Posted by Shade

That's funny.

I don't like GOING to the beach, exactly. I love sitting myself down on a hill or cliff type place and watching the water. Very relaxing. Like Veiraza, I love the Northern Californian/Oregon coast. I hope to find a place to live nearby some day.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Dark Kirby: Around here you get a fine for feeding Seagulls.

Even if the seagull's are all like "mine, mine, mine" and steals your sandwich? :(

Posted by Shade

lol Finding Nemo.

I got that movie 3 years ago, and still haven't removed the plastic.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Dexter: Even if the seagull's are all like "mine, mine, mine" and steals your sandwich? :(

They want to keep New Brighton's area clean of Birdmess.

But that reminds me of a time in Jersey. (Old, not new) A woman left her bag open and went away from her spot, and a Seagull came along and started throwing her stuff out of the bag with it's beak. Out comes a bra first, lots of tops and pants, and other various clothes, and it took a sandwich and flew away. My mum took photos of it. I'll have to see if I can find them. :)

Posted by Dexter

Seagull's are so much fun.

Isn't New Brighton going to get birdmess regardless? :confused:

Posted by Kit

Yup, but they want to reduce it...I think.

Posted by Dexter

That's so lame. I like feeding them. Although it would be funny getting caught by the cops and needing to run away from them while they swing their threatening bats while wearing their tall hats then that goofy music would start playing and I'd turn on ***-mode and move in fast-forward while having them bump into each other followed by them getting hit with the birdmess that I helped produce.

Posted by Kit

COME HERE NOW.

Seriously, this can sell millions.

Posted by Shade

Because that's the terror to our society. Birdmess.

Posted by Bebop

I'd love to go to the clear blue tropical beaches like in the Caribbean or Australia. However those beaches are cleary the best and frnakly anythings good if its the best. Ive been to beaches in the south of France which may not quite be the ones Id love to go too, and they still beat the murky waters of ol Blighty and yet they still suck. The beauty of the Caribean say will eaily make up a beaches cons. And only those types of beaches.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I hat eto say this, but I'm going to side with raptor (sigh) about the sand thing. part of the fun of the beach is that its so different from what you normally do. Its an excuse to go out and play in sand and water. To be young and retarded again. to jsut go and have fun for the sake of having fun. besides, when you;re ready to leave, just take one last dunk in the water, and the sand is gone. then put on sandals and go to your car. most decent beaches have little goot showers by the parking areas to clean your sandals/feet off anyway. If you cnt get from the shore to your car with minimal sand on you, you're a total noob.

Quoting Last Fog: Someone explain the enjoyment in it, cause I honestly can't find any.

yeah, why would anyone have fun hanging out with friends in a situation that leaves itself open for all sorts of good times? I mean, what possible fun could that be?

The beach isn't good times. It's gross water and fat people.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Again, the beaches you're going to are made of fail and aids.

maybe if someone wasnt such a faggot that was terrfied of car crashes they could have been to a good beach. but NOOOOOOOOOOo.

I've been to good beaches. They still suck.

Posted by Raptor

I hope one day I will get the chance to bury most of you in the sand. In the desert with a shovel at night.

What fun times we'll have.

Posted by christinadeenadee

I love the beach and everything about it. I love the sand and the waves and the smell. I could honestly just live on the beach. I also miss it very much. I don't understand how I ever lived without it for so long. I crave it every single day.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

The beach is awesome, and due to the location in which I work, I see it every day. I love the rush of jumping into the cold water, grabbing a board and hitting the waves, the feeling of being truly awake that it brings after I leave, and that last bit of sand on me that didn't come off, as I go about my life after leaving. The cold water of California is awesome, both for the awakening effect it has when it hits my body, and for the way it seperates the real men from the pussies.

Being Los Angeles born and San Diego raised, I have no clue what it's like NOT to live near the beach.

Posted by Speedfreak

I despise the beach. Salt water blows, sand is annoying as hell and the conditions surrounding it usually mean im wearing less clothing than usual and it's like a furnace outside. Screw that.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: I despise the beach. Salt water blows, sand is annoying as hell and the conditions surrounding it usually mean im wearing less clothing than usual and it's like a furnace outside. Screw that.

You come to florida and it rains, and you *****. You come to florida and it doesnt rain, and its too hot. You, sir, have a vagina.

Posted by Arwon

Quoting Speedfreak: I despise the beach. Salt water blows, sand is annoying as hell and the conditions surrounding it usually mean im wearing less clothing than usual and it's like a furnace outside. Screw that.

You live in England. Where the hell do you find beaches?

OR furnace-like conditions?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Arwon]You live in England. Where the hell do you find beaches?

OR furnace-like conditions?
Britain is an ISLAND, wanna try that first question again, jacka[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s?

I've been on holidays to the south of France and some Spanish islands, it gets pretty hot there. Then there's the humid cesspit that is Orlando, Florida.

[quote]You come to florida and it rains, and you *****. You come to florida and it doesnt rain, and its too hot. You, sir, have a vagina.
I'm a woman because I don't like sweating my a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s off all day or constant rain in a bleak, empty, ugly part of the world. Nice logic, now lets see you handle mountains. I LOVE mountains and snow and cold weather :)

LoS is a ***** when it comes to cold weather. Enjoy your ***** vagina, Matt.

Posted by Speedfreak

Bahaha, at least my hatred of hot weather is remotely logical. You can escape the cold.

Exactly. I can't see why people prefer being hot.

Posted by Bebop

Cold FTW. Beautiful snowy mountains **** all over beaches. A gaurntee for mountains is that fat ugle chicks like Spam's mum will be forced to cover up :-p

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: LoS is a ***** when it comes to cold weather. Enjoy your ***** vagina, Matt.

Oh, belive me, I will. And I wont send you the videos, either.

Quoting Speedfreak: Then there's the humid cesspit that is Orlando, Florida.

I'm a woman because I don't like sweating my a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s off all day or constant rain in a bleak, empty, ugly part of the world. Nice logic, now lets see you handle mountains. I LOVE mountains and snow and cold weather :)

1)hurricane season. the most active one in years. who would have thought tha the tropics would have tropical storms? :P
2)sweating never bothered me, idk. its just water:/
3)i actually love hiking, so gg looking 'tarded there

Posted by Arwon

Quoting Speedfreak: Britain is an ISLAND, wanna try that first question again, jacka[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s?

I've been on holidays to the south of France and some Spanish islands, it gets pretty hot there. Then there's the humid cesspit that is Orlando, Florida.

Sorry, but just cos you have rocks and sand next to the water doesn't make it a beach. Perhaps I should have said "decent" beaches.

Posted by Dexter

I can tolerate hot beaches, but I greatly prefer the overcastness of the Oregon coast. Rain and fog on the beach owns the sun and heat.

Posted by Pit

I don't get hot at beaches. I ****en freeze at them most of the time due to the breezes that hit at night.

Posted by christinadeenadee

I think I'm going to move to Bora Bora for a while. Who ever would like to join me may come along.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Dexter: I can tolerate hot beaches, but I greatly prefer the overcastness of the Oregon coast. Rain and fog on the beach owns the sun and heat.

Indeed, but do you have the [url=http://images.shutterwolf.com/vgc/hilobay.jpg]rainbows[/url]?!

Posted by Bebop

I love being in cold fog where all you can really see is hovering steet lights and feel the frost under your feet. And last night was like that. Awesome!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Arwon]Sorry, but just cos you have rocks and sand next to the water doesn't make it a beach. Perhaps I should have said "decent" beaches.

Oh, sorry. I suppose being a few hours away from beaches in the south of France with hundreds of topless women and not a single lardass American in sight counts for absolutely nothing. I mean it's not like you have to drive for hours to get anywhere in America.

We have decent beaches, but British weather only makes them decent beaches for a few weeks a year.

But then we don't have hurricanes, tropical storms, tornados and earthquakes. Out of a choice between extreme weather and mild weather but with favourable conditions in close proximity all year round I'd pick the latter every time.

Posted by Arwon

And being 12000 km away from EITHER, a few blocks from brilliant beaches and topless girls, beats both of them. Granted, the beaches just down the road from me are usually also infested by your people in all their palid drunken bottom-feeding glory... but then, nowhere's perfect.

Also: It's summer here right now, too. I win. Without even mentioning the cricket. c(:

Posted by Kit

Quoting Bebop: I love being in cold fog where all you can really see is hovering steet lights and feel the frost under your feet. And last night was like that. Awesome!

You too? I could barely see walking home from school yesterday.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Arwon]And being 12000 km away from EITHER, a few blocks from brilliant beaches and topless girls, beats both of them. Granted, the beaches just down the road from me are usually also infested by your people in all their palid drunken bottom-feeding glory... but then, nowhere's perfect.

Also: It's summer here right now, too. I win. Without even mentioning the cricket. c(:

Wait, you're Australian? Okay, you cannot talk to me about weather ever, Mr no Ozone layer.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I've never liked beaches (and for the record, I've been on a British beach maybe once). My brother can have fun for hours just ****ing about in the water, but I like lying on a towel and letting the warmth spread over my body, and losing myself in a good book.

Yes, I'm a girl.

Posted by Bebop

Beaches give people cancer.

Its a fact.

Look it up.

Look it up on google.

Posted by Raptor

Bebop gives people cancer. It's a fact. Look it up in his owners' manual.

Posted by Arwon

Everything gives you cancer. Life gives you cancer.

Posted by Speedfreak

A likely defense from a man who's shadow has his skeleton in it.