Spike TV Video Game Awards and the winners are

Posted by redrum666

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162929.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

Posted by brownoystercult

Though Oblivion is a great game, I think Gears of War should've gotten the award for "Game of the Year".

Anyhow, the awards seem a lot more fitting and proper than they've been in previous years for Spike TV.

Posted by maian

Wait, so are games such as Twilight Princess not included in the "Game of the Year" potential list or what? ;|

Posted by Linkman

No, they didn't add games to the "Game Of The Year" award that were released after November 15th. They had another Critic's Choice Award, and TP won that.

I'm actually shocked though. Normally I'm disgusted by the outcome of the Spike TV VGAs. I'm actually gonna watch it now (Wednesday night).

Posted by Bebop

50 Cent was invited. Any 'game award' that invites such **** poor celebrities shouldnt have its views taken seriously. I didnt even see what games were awarded what. Frankly none of you should care either.

Posted by Axis

Well then maybe you should actually look at the link, Bebop. The awards that they handed out weren't bad.

Posted by Ant

Huh, I was surprised by the winners. More over because Madden 06 didn't win game of the year.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Axis: Well then maybe you should actually look at the link, Bebop. The awards that they handed out weren't bad.

So even though I dont care about their awards and dont even see them as valid I should see what they gave out? Fail. I doubt you'd care about how my day went but by your logic I should inform you how my last dump went.

Posted by Axis

You don't think it's valid over a **** poor excuse. The awards they handed are going to be pretty similar to what everyone else hands out.

Posted by Bebop

The Spike awards are in the same boat as the MTV awards. Over glamourised celebrity endorsed visual specactles which takes it further away from the point. 50 Cent just sealed the deal the deal.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Bebop: Frankly none of you should care either.

qtf

Posted by Bebop

Its a glamourized awards ceremony made by and for idiots. Next youll be telling me you take the MTV Movie Awards seriously.

Posted by Linkman

I think he's a bit POed at the idea of mixing celebrities and gaming, like the Spike TV Gaming Awards is just another excuse to give washed up celebrities more camera time (as if they really need it). Aside from that fact, the actual gaming aspect, if just weaved into it. The result: Mediocre awards (best female role what?) given to mediocre celebrities for down right horrible excuses for video games.

That pretty much sums it up over the last 3 years, but this year it seems like they actually gave the awards to worthy games and consoles. I'll actually have to see the show before I use "Spike TV VGA's" and "good" in the same sentence.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

This year they tried to gain some credibility, so the winners weren't as retarded as past years. They still have a ways to go, but I'm glad Oblivion won GotY.

Actually, besides Alex Vance winning cyber vixen (what a ****ing dumb category) who really doesn't belong in there, and yellowcard winning whatever, I agree with pretty much every other winner.

Posted by TendoAddict

Honestly the winners hadly had anything to worry about.

Half the time the other options were retarded ( Like saints row even comes close to dead rising).

Posted by Fate

OMG... Enrica is so much hotter than Alyx Vance. I would've chosen Clover Studio over Epic. Too bad for FFXII, though, since it seems to have come late in the competition for Best RPG; I guess the only game good enough to compete with it was Oblivion, which is great.

But yeah, these awards seem to be more "worth it" than previous shows. I don't mind current celebs giving awards so long as they play something other than Tetris or Pac-Man.

It's still a show meant for people other than us, so chances are whether they play games or not doesn't mean a thing. The only difference is this year they didn't want to be complete failures.

Posted by Degeneration

Gotta love those popularity contests. Mortal Kombat Armageddon... That'll be the day.

I like how they didn't even present awards for 2/3 of the categories, just shoved them all in a two minute segment. They'd probably have time for an awards show if they left all the stupid skits out.

Posted by Linkman

Yes, it was indeed another failure from Spike TV. The genre and console awards were crammed into about 1 minute (literally). The awards they did show were some of the stupidest ones. Whilst I thought this one would actually be good, it turned out to be one of the worst. Samuel L. Jackson was the most entertaining person on it, and that's not saying much at all.

Also, I don't think I've heard jokes as terrible as the ones they tried to tell. And it's cute how they still feel the need to toss out random jabs at people who play games. Good lord, it's like being back in the nineties.