WoW: Professions/Discussion

Posted by Kit

Yeah, this is the thread to post what Professions you took, what levels they are, and just discuss, really.

My main (43 Troll Rogue) is a Miner/Engineer, with 200 Mining, 236 Gnome Engineering. Yesterday I made my Gnomish Battle Chicken, and Gnomish Mind Control Helmet. :cool:

So yeah, go ahead and post or something.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I started with a 22 tauren warrior that had first aid 150+ (i got hurt a lot:(), mining and engineering 100+. I got really bored though, and rerolled an orc warlock (currently 18, will probably be 20 by tomorow evening cuz im hardcore like that). Right now ive got first aid at like 100ish on him, and he has herbalism and alchemy at very low levels. I'm thinking of going skinning and tailoring to make his own gear, though. Warlock is way more fun too.

Posted by KoH

I'm thinking of going into first-aid now since I've become more pvp oriented as of late (at least until BC comes out). Might also take Mining up as well. Just 'cause it's a badass profession in general.

Posted by Kit

Hit 250 engineering and 205-210 mining. I can make Gnomish Death ray once I get mats, and I heard Salt Shakers sell quite well, so Ill check that out.

Posted by Sean Fury

My Night Elf Rogue has Alchemy/Herbalism and First Aid/Fishing/Cooking. I took Herbalism because I find flowers ****ing everywhere and I was sick of not being able to take them, so than I got Alchemy which you make your potions with said herbs (and that's very useful for a Rogue). I know there's other good professions, but I think Alchemy/Herbalism works good for Rogues.

Posted by Ren

My main (34 lock) has skinning and tailoring.. I had changed skinning to enchanting for a while, till I got sick of enchanting COSTING me money instead of making me money (because I had to disenchant items I could have sold...) Being level 34 I kinda need to save some pennies for my mount at lvl 40. Didn't want to drop tailoring though because it took a fair bit of effort to lvl it (currently 170)

I learnt my lesson on my main, so my alts (23 pally, 10 druid) both have gathering professions only at the moment (skinning/mining, skinning/herbalism) for making teh monies :D

Posted by tsmitty00

i just have skinning atm on my 70 pally.. 350 skinning and skinnning in outlands really gets you a lot of money

Posted by tsmitty00

espacily the drops from the clef hoofs in nagrand.. a stack sells for 50g in the AH

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

375 Tailoring and 325 Ench on my mage, Jewelcrafting and Herb on my Druid, which are at, like, one.

Herb/Mining/Skinning is the moneymaking profs for leveling, end of story.

Posted by Kit

Aint got money to pay for WoW anymore, so I've started mooching off my brother's WoW account. 8-)
Made a Lock, got it to 21 (22 once I hand in a quest) and it's Tailor/Enchanter, can't remember exact amounts but its around 115 Tailor and 105 Enchanting.

Posted by Echo

I've got Alchy/Herbalism on my main (46 Priest). They're both around 200-250 right now. I really like Alchemy because health/mana potions have saved me countless times and now I don't have to worry about buying them.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Got my lock up to 70 a ahilw ago, and found that that frozen shadowweave was pretty much mandatory. HOORAY. Thankfully my herb/alch was at 8/1 so i didnt feel bad about ditching it. got my tailoring up to 375 and made 2/3 peices before i got bored and quit, and got my enchanting up to like 50ish at the same time (twin +12 spell damage ring enchants ftw).