I feel so stupid... :(

Posted by WackoHater2

Recently, Stone Cold Crazy has been sending me music by bands that I would have never bothered to listen to before, and a lot of them are good bands. Nine Inch Nails, Alice in Chains, The Who, etc. He has also been giving me a lot of information about the bands that he sends me. Anyway, we have this thing in history class called "This Day in History" where the teacher will tell us background information on someone famous if they were born on the current date. Today, he said "Lead singer of The Doors. Basically drank himself to death" and I knew it was Jim Morrison because of SCC. I didn't answer though, and no one got it. I felt really stupid. I find myself not answering questions all the time, and then feeling stupid because I knew the answer. Does this happen to anyone else?

Posted by Dexter

No. I'm like Hermione Granger in the class room, answering as many questions as possible. No doubt I must get annoying at times but it is so much fun to express my knowledge and add a few other things in while I'm at it.

You should've been like "oh, it's Val Kilmer. Wait! No, I mean Jim Morrison!"

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Happens to me all the time.

Or I don't listen and so I don't hear the question, but realize afterwards that I missed a "chance"

Or I just don't bother...[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

I'm that student in class where the teacher will be all like "does anyone besides Dexter know what it is?" It's like an automatic A grade for severe class participation. The best is when you beat the teacher in both knowledge and wit.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm more like Dexter, but to a lesser degree. If I know the answer to something, I generally let everyone else in the class have a shot and if they take long enough I raise my hand and answer the question.

But when it comes to music? Oh man, I don't even let people have a chance. I'm not afraid to show my knowledge on the subject at all. It's one of my only passions and I'm pretty much an all around cunt when it comes to the subject. Not a know-it-all, just a cunt. Actually, if someone answers anything stupidly or talks about something they don't know anything about and act like they're the almighty god, I take pleasure in shooting them down. Even if it's an in class discussion. No, especially when it's an in class discussion, that just makes it sweeter.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Nope, it's only you, Panic. Man you're stupid.

If it was in the classroom, I never answer anything. Anytime else, I'll say something.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I get that this started because of something music related, but it seems more like an off-topic board kind of thing. But I'm too lazy to do anything right now.

And what Shin said about music. I'm really no different. The only time I don't do what he said is when I'm in a discussion with an "equal." Someone who knows just as much as I do and enjoys talking about the subject. Otherwise, yeah, I don't give them a chance and if I'm in a certain mood I'll ridicule them for being an idiot.

Also, walking to your cabin and being so grim you die from a snowstorm > drinking yourself to death like a fag.

Posted by Iris

What Shin-Ra said. I like answering questions, but I give others a chance too when it's easy or I'm already expected to know it. When it's about a topic I'm interested in though, I become really in tune and answer things and bring up points all the time, or start debates. I don't really care how I come off while discussing those things, unless it's something I'm embarrassed to admit I'm interested in.

Posted by Omni

I always knew the answers to things nobody else knew when I was in school. I saw some stuff on TV about old Jim today, too, since he's from Florida, and that's where I live. It would have been cool if you answered the question. People would have been impressed. If I was there, my answer would have been something like, "All hail Jim Morrison, the Lizard King!"

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The only time I don't do what he said is when I'm in a discussion with an "equal." Someone who knows just as much as I do and enjoys talking about the subject.

Totally, I forgot about that. Even if it's a Cradle of Filth kid and he sounds reasonably intelligent and can eloquently describe exactly what he enjoys in the band, then I'll be extremely nice and probably have a good discussion. And yeah, when it comes to an "equal" I'm extremely nice and usually get along quite well with them.

Posted by fnoolwack

15 whole steps?

Posted by Omni

Quoting fnool: 15 whole steps?

That has to be among the best first posts ever.

Posted by fnoolwack

i like how easily you are amused

Posted by Omni

Quoting fnool: i like how easily you are amused

Yeah, it's fun to be me.

Posted by Sean Fury

I hated being in school, I knew the answers to everything and I would always try to answer (like Dex), but the teachers ****ing hated me for some reason and would never call on me. Made me feel very left-out and probably is one of the many reasons I'm screwed up. >_>