The Ol' Million

Posted by ccrocker58

So yesterday, Nintendo reported that they had reached the sacred 1 million units sold mark with the Wii already. Think the Wii has what it takes to keep this level of success?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

best thing I've read about this so far is some kid saying "IT TOOK THREE WEEKS?! Halo sold 2 million on its first day! NINTENDO SUCKS!"

Posted by Bebop

2 million people on the first day? Thats alot of disappointed people

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Bebop: 2 million people on the first day? Thats alot of disappointed people

Hehe, very true. But such is the case with games since consoles, during their first month of sale, are usually very minimal in terms of units sold due to shortages. During most launches you heard "We sold out our initial shipments/production" not "We sold 1 mil in 3 weeks" This is really a testemant to how well Nintendo pulled off their launch...errr...at least in comparison to PS3; there's a lot of reasons you could say the Wii launch wasn't as successful as we'd hoped it could of been.

Posted by maian

Well, at least we can say that Nintendo sold more consoles in three weeks than Sony even shipped to North America initially. :cookie:

Posted by ccrocker58

Yea...that had to be some kind of ***** slap to Sony's face...

Posted by NeXidala

So since they reached their goal for the year will they be shipping out more?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Of course. It wouldn't make sense to say "Ok, we hit 1 million, STOP PRODUCTION"

Posted by Shade

I thought their goal for the year was 4 mil.

Posted by Screenname

....and I still can't find one.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Shade32]I thought their goal for the year was 4 mil.

That's true...they've only got a few weeks left...they're probably not gonna reach that one: So since they reached their goal for the year will they be shipping out more?

So far, most stores have been getting shipments of both systems and accessories/games on a weekly basis. However, Target seems to only get the systems every other week, and gets accessories weekly. The amount shipped of either is also apparently random as well.

Posted by Random

The Wii will keep selling very well. Its an inexpensive system with various features that no other system has. Nintendo even has a few blockbuster titles out now or coming out soon. I strongly believe the Nintendo Wii will more than double the Gamecube sales.

It seems to me that more people are wandering away from the PS3 and going towards the Wii or 360. Of course the PS3 being rather expensive and thus far doesn't have any games to offer makes it hard to want.

I await another Wii surge in sales within the next couple weeks. People such as myself tend to wait til Dec. 24th to buy presents for others.

Not to mention kids with christmas money will go crazy for them after the holiday.

Quoting Bebop: 2 million people on the first day? Thats alot of disappointed people

Haha your silly. Just because you don't care for it doesn't mean others don't. Hell I went to a Halo 2 Lan Party last friday in which had over 16 people. Granted some had to wait and we had to take turns. And even so I still go on XBox Live occasionally to see there are a ton of users still online and playing it.

One could easily say the same about Metroid Prime 2 and how lame it was...

You know because Metroid Prime 2 doesn't offer the beasty online play that Halo 2 does. And even when people get bored of certain match types that Bungie has made, there are types that regulars like myself have made or played that others made. For instance the gametype "Zombie" was created where 1 person starts out on the Green team and many others start out on the red team. Whereas everytime the green guy kills a red person while using a sword (the red team gets to use actual guns), the red person must change colors to green and become a zombie. Like an actual Zombie effect. Its rather entertaining and neat that someone came up with such a thing. We still play it to this day.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Random: ...Its an expensive system with various features that no other system has...

Expensive o.0!? It's basically $350 cheaper than a PS3 worth anyones time...and still $150 cheaper than an XB360. I hope you meant expansive

Posted by Sean Fury

Comparing a game to a console is stupid.

And I still can't find one either.

Posted by Random

Oops I meant inexpensive..!! sorry!!

Posted by Bebop

Random: Halo 2 is awful in every sense of the word and is one of the biggest video game disapointments ever. Stop lying to yourself.

Posted by Axis

That goes for every Mario game ever created, too.

Posted by Bebop

Now that's just being stupid.

Posted by Axis

Don't lie to yourself.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I like Halo and more over Halo 2, they have their charms.

But saying that Halo (or any other game for that matter) selling a million copies faster than the Wii is a kick in Nintendo's teeth is missing the big picture; A Wii costs almost 5 times more than a game does and console purchasing requires a more commited thought process than just randomly grabbing some hot new game title on your way home from work.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Axis: Don't lie to yourself.

I'm not....or am I? ;)
[spoiler]Spoiler: I'm not[/spoiler]

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Sean Fury: Comparing a game to a console is stupid.

In one bestial sentence, the mighty hammer of truth crashes down...