Want a PS3? Just give me your children for a day

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: (from psu.com)

It seems people will do anything to get a PlayStation 3 this holiday
season. A Minnesota radio host announced over the radio that if parents
were willing to turn their children over to the station for 24 hours,
they would give them a new PS3.

The joke soon turned sour when it became apparent that a majority of the callers were serious about the trade.

"We got more calls than we could handle," said Dave Ryan, "They were
lined up willing to turn their kids over to strangers for a freakin'
PlayStation."

Children offered included a one week and two day old baby. One caller
named Katie attempted to get a PS3 by offering her 1 month old up for a
3 day period. When informed it was a hoax, she responded in disbelief.

Dave Ryan went onto say in an article,"But I didn't want them to feel
too badly. I said, 'Listen you're not the only one who fell for this'.
But at the same time, think about it, these are your kids, these are
the most precious responsibility you'll ever have in your entire life.
Be careful with your babies.' "

I love people.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

All I have to say is: lol

Posted by Kit

I lol'd

Posted by Zeta

The stupidity of these parents both amuses and saddens me.

Posted by Arcadios

I got a giggle outta it.

Posted by Dexter

Vampy, give me your overly cute and cuddly bunny for 24 hours and I'll give you... wait, is there anything you don't have? :confused:

Posted by Zeta

Will trade fat cat for PoR.

Posted by Dexter

Hey Zeta, you can borrow my Fire Emblem: PoR if you want. It should only take you a month, maybe a little longer, to defeat it, then you can send it back. I won't be replaying it anytime soon and I think you'll like it a bunch. You don't have to give m your cat, either. ^_-

Posted by Zeta

wtf not the PoR I'm talking about. :(

And I can't go back to Fire Emblem. Not after Yggdra Union.

Posted by Echo

Haha, my mom actually told me about that a few days ago. And today she said that here in Atlanta a DJ did the same thing and got lots of calls. Crazy parents....

Posted by Ant

Crazy black people.

Posted by Crazy Canuck

Quoting Ant: Crazy black people.

haha

Quoted post: Vampy, give me your overly cute and cuddly bunny for 24 hours and I'll give you... wait, is there anything you don't have?

One of the girls at your house that I can do anything to. Deal?

Posted by Dexter

Amy > All the girls at my house

Well, maybe not, but basically.

Yeah, but she's getting up there in age.

Posted by Dexter

That's true. If it's youth you want, I got the proper supplies. The oldest is 25 and the youngest is 5 and there's plenty in between. Reds is decent. She's coming up to age 15. If that's too young, you could try Rachael out, but she's actually a member here and I remember you saying something about how you wouldn't want your girl to perform such activities. Give me an idea on what you're looking for and I'll see what I can find.

15 is too old. Around 13 or 14 is better, just barely legal.

Posted by Lord of Spam

EVeryone who actually tried to trade their kids should lose legal custody.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: 15 is too old. Around 13 or 14 is better, just barely legal.

She's not 15 yet, but she will be soon enough. I actually don't have any 13 or 14 year olds in stock right now, besides the one that is almost 15. I have an 11!

And heck, it's legal for them to be 13 or 14 in Canada? That owns. They have to be at least 18 here in the states. Aesthetic was barely legal for me.

14 is legal here. And idk, eleven is pushing it. How's the 15 year-old look?

Posted by Dexter

Ugly red hair. Red like Amy's, only it doesn't look that great on this one. That's why we've come to call her Reds. She knows it doesn't look that great but she likes it anyway. Gotta respect her gumption and adventurous nature. I think I actually posted an image of her up before. She was the master paintballer. She's got quite an aim and tries to act as though she has an attitude, but is nothing more than the tiny sweet filling of a delicious pop-tart.

hm, idk. I don't think I like the attitude on that one. How about this: the 15 and 11 year-old for 24 hours for 48 hours with my bunny. Yes? I'll even toss in Amy's phone number for good measure.

Posted by Dexter

What I was going to do with your bunny would only take me a few hours. Amy's phone number is a good bonus, though, so let me talk to the girls and see if they are up for it.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/1201060219a.jpg[/IMG]

I'll throw in Fairy and Meg for your cat?

Not my cat, though with the phone number you can figure out a deal with Amy.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Here's the deal: A virus released into the atmosphere that sterilizes the entire human race. Should you survive the hideous outbreak of deadly STDs this would cause and reach the appropriate age, you and your spouse may take a test to obtain a liscence for parenthood, and the carefully-controlled cure. The test could even be something as simple as the issue this topic brings up. Just tell people that they just need to sign on the line that they will turn over their firstborn child if they ever have one for a short period of time in order to be given an extremely expensive, highly-sought-after luxury item. When they sign, inform them that they have just signed a waiver to their rights to ever have children.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I like how the idiots that spend time cleaning out stuff 10 pages back dont even find it worthwhile to get rid of a conversation about bartering with children with clearly sexual undertones.

GOOD JOB, SUPERMODS.

Posted by Pit

They shouldn't delete **** 10 pages back. Ruins board stats. It's retarded.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Welcome to like a few months ago.

Posted by Dexter

The best part about it is that Vampy and I are both mods. Great mods, that is. Oh well, we're just exaggerating what the thread is all about, like The Simpsons, or a true Andalusian, or the disco!

Posted by Tyler Durden

:cool: I'd probably have these parents beat at this game. I'd give BOTH of my testicles for a PS3. That's right folks, why give away the kids when you can give up the source? Think about it; I'd be able to have sex at any time, with no worries of making babies. AND, I'd have hours of fun wasting away on my Lay-Z Boy playing the PS3.

But, what would I do when they finally went on to release the PS4?
F##k that!!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Dexter: The best part about it is that Vampy and I are both mods. Great mods, that is. Oh well, we're just exaggerating what the thread is all about, like The Simpsons, or a true Andalusian, or the disco!

oh, dont get me wrong, im not saying it SHOULD be deleted (it was a reasonable, lol worthy side convo to the topic at hand), I'm just saying that the ones that were throwing hissy fits about cleaning everything apparently either dont watch teh boards enough to know what the hell is going on, or just are total retards when it comes to enforcing their own rules.

Posted by Dexter

I think it had to do with them being new super mods/mods and with great power comes a need to use that great power. Going back into threads no one will really notice to perform their powers is a strong temptation many girls can't help but give into. They enjoy the feeling of eradication.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Lord of Spam: I like how the idiots that spend time cleaning out stuff 10 pages back dont even find it worthwhile to get rid of a conversation about bartering with children with clearly sexual undertones.

GOOD JOB, SUPERMODS.

I agree, but although the weird-*** conversation between Dexter and Vamp seemed to be the direction the thread was destined to go (this IS VGC, after all), let's try to stay on topic at least a little. If you wanna compain about the S-mods in relation to this thread, go to the community board and link here.

Who in their right mind would delete that side conversation anyways? That **** was an important transaction (btw, I'm shipping my bunny now, I'll give you the phone number over AIMSN.) What was being deleted in the past was actual spam, not "on topic" side-conversations. Go back and read the argument thread.

Plus, yeah, Dex and I are awesome mods. :cool:

Posted by Lord of Spam

I wasnt saying it should have been deleted, your dirty mouth whore. i was just pointing out how ******* stupid women are.

Because, you know, they're dumb:cookie:

well that's a given

Posted by Lord of Spam

what is, that you're a dirty mouth whore or that they're dumb?

Both. DURR DURR DURR