Bob Ross game cancelled

Posted by junior senior

:(

http://www.play-nintendo.com/playnintendo/content.php?content_id=330

AGFRAG, the team that announced Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting back on April 1st of this year, has posted a short message on their Yahoo groups page. Unfortunately, the game based around Bob Ross's career has either shifted hands, or more likely, been canned. Here's the message:

AGFRAG is no longer involved in the development of ANY Bob Ross Game. Please contact Bob Ross Inc. for further information.

Thank you.

So, everyone looking forward to painting happy trees, using your Wiimote, with Bob, will sadly have to settle for digging up tapes of the show and doing some real life paining.

For those interested, you can contact Bob Ross Inc. at [email]info@bobross.com[/email] to see if you can't get any additional info out of them.

Update:
android8675 over at digg was able to learn a little more from AGFRAG. Here's what he said:

Joseph (AGFRAG dude), said something about Bob Ross Inc. still pursuing a video game version of the late, great Bob Ross's Afro, just not with his group anymore. So not really "canceled", but indefinitely on hold might be a better headline.

Our thanks goes out to him for the info. Like he said, there's still a chance, so get in contact with Bob Ross Inc. to tell them you want the game.

Update 2:
An official statement was made to GameSpot from Joseph Hatcher of AGFRAG:

"We will not be developing the game on any platform." Citing legal reasons, Hatcher was unable to give details of his company's decision. However, he did leave the door open for the game to live on. "We are not saying it is canceled in anyway"

Additionally, after their conversation, AGFRAG updated their website with a statement on the matter:

I'm sorry that we have disappointed so many people on a certain project. Please realize we did what we felt was best, with the cards that were dealt to us and the situation we were in. We have learned from the experience and we won't make the same mistakes twice. The companies we dealt with were professional in every way and we enjoyed working with them while we did and appreciated the opportunities they presented to us. You won't hear anything about our next game until it's almost on shelves.

At current, we're still waiting to hear a response from Bob Ross Inc. on the matter.

no more happy trees. :(

Posted by Dexter

That's terrible! Huge disappointment here. We were all looking forward to it.

Posted by Axis

Killer app = Gone.

Posted by Bebop

Whats the point of even owning a Wii now. Whats the point of even living now?

Posted by Dexter

Don't make me question my existence, especially during the holidays. This is too much. Too much!

Posted by Bebop

I bet Bob Ross is rolling over in his grave.

Posted by Zeta

That's it. I'm getting a PS3 instead now.

Posted by Shade

And I... don't care at all.

Posted by bubba23

its coming back