Simple Plan

Posted by Twilight Chick

Who likes Simple Plan? What's your fav. song by them?
I like Crazy.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Some else is going to say this. I'll just start I guess.

They suck hardcore.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

If they're who I think they are, then I don't have a favourite song by them.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Rika Nonaka: Who likes Simple Plan? What's your fav. song by them?
I like Crazy.

You would.

Not exactly one of my favorite bands.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I seriously think Simple Plan is one of the worst bands to ever suck a gay

Posted by Caryatid

I concur. What a terrible poser band.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I seriously think Simple Plan is one of the worst bands to ever suck a gay

Amen

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: They suck hardcore.

Quoted post: If they're who I think they are, then I don't have a favourite song by them.

Quoted post: Not exactly one of my favorite bands.

Quoted post: I seriously think Simple Plan is one of the worst bands to ever suck a gay

Quoted post: I concur. What a terrible poser band.

^

But seriously. I can usually respect almost any band/at least like one song by any given band... but they are really bad. Just everything about them screams "we suck... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/Forum/emot-emo.gif[/IMG]"

I'm not trying to bash them or anything. I can respect other peoples opinions. but in this case... how can anyone like them?

Wait, how old are you?

Posted by brownoystercult

He/she is thirteen so I can see why he/she would like them. I am the same age, and many people that go to my Middle School love them. I cant find them likeable in any way, but thats my opinion.

Quoted post: He/she is thirteen so I can see why he/she would like them

Well, that solves that mystery.

Posted by Crazy K

Well I hate Punk Rock music all together. I never really liked it. I hate bands like Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, and others and stuff. The only Punk Rock type of group I would listen to is probably Green Day, even though I hate most of there songs, The only Green Day Song I like is Bolivard of Broken Dreams.

Posted by Altinure

i think green day is awful too. they're old stuff was ok, but their new stuff just screams 13 year old.

Posted by Crazy K

I dont listen to music at all that much, At school was the first time I heard that Bolivard of Broken Dreams, its pretty much the only Punk Rock Song I like. I like Rock and Roll alot more, I also like Rap too, even the Oldies, country etc.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, it does get tiring to listen to the same few chords/notes being played throughout the entire song.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah, I dont like when they keep repeating and stuff.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting Vampiro: ^

But seriously. I can usually respect almost any band/at least like one song by any given band... but they are really bad. Just everything about them screams "we suck...

No matter how bad they get, you can at least respect that they aren't Busted.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting TheSecondComing: No matter how bad they get, you can at least respect that they aren't Busted.

w00t

By the way, Crazy K, stuff like Simple Plan and Good Charlotte aren't true punk rock. They're pop-punk, and not very good pop-punk at that. They obviously write in far too mainstream a style to be likeable. Their angst-ridden, emo lyrics don't help either.

At least I can find something to like in Sum 41, even if they're just as unoriginal.

Posted by Twilight Chick

Quoting Uchiha Itachi: He/she is thirteen so I can see why he/she would like them. I am the same age, and many people that go to my Middle School love them. I cant find them likeable in any way, but thats my opinion.

I'm fourteen! Geez people. And I'm a she, just to let you know.

Anybody have anything nice to say about Simple Plan? Hey, if you don't like Simple Plan then don't post. It's that easy.

Posted by Lazy Guitar

^If everyone did that then this thread would have no posts.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I cannot remember ever listening to this band so I watched their "Shut Up" video and am watching the "Welcome to My Life" video right now. I'm not all to impressed with pop punk vocals in general, the repetitive guitars, or music that is entirely based around a chorus and having everything else act as a build up for that. The drumming is actually pretty good and the music during the slower segment in "Shut Up" is ok. Overall the music is coming off as whiny vocally and lyrically, the latter of which is absolutely laughable and looks like it was written by an angsty teenage mall goth. I don't know though, their music that's not intended for radio play may be better although I highly doubt it.

Quoting Rika Nonaka: Hey, if you don't like Simple Plan then don't post. It's that easy.

Forums are a place for people to share their opinions whether they're postive or negative in your eyes. If you cannot deal with people disagreeing with your tastes then either learn to get over it, make a valid arguement against the other people, or don't post and keep pretending everyone likes what you enjoy.

Posted by Illyria110

it amazes me how much crappy music people listen to, i think simple plan is generic and talentless, and the same goes for all music played on the radio, it's all sucks, and makes me hate people even more

Posted by greasemunky990

I agree with you that simple plan sucks but not all music played on the radio sucks some of the music is pretty good

Posted by Hyper

Simple Plan? I can't remember what songs I've heard from them, as their songs sound like all other popular groups' songs on the radio. It's getting harder and harder to tell one band apart from another. Really sad if you think about it.

Posted by Dragon X

Quoting Altinure: i think green day is awful too. they're old stuff was ok, but their new stuff just screams 13 year old.

Simple plan isn't the greatest. Green day is better

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Quoting Dragon X: Well i like Green day and simple plan . :rock: Simple plan isn't the greatest but they do have good songs

I hope I'm not the only one that thinks this is funny

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: I hope I'm not the only one that thinks this is funny
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]Yea, it's hilarious. Someone says they like a band that everyone else said they hate.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Raptor

La la la... *Crappy guitar intro* *sing about relationships, emotional insecurity, etc.* *scream 4 awhile* *crappy guitar/keyboard riff for radio hook* *sing about relationships, emotional insecurity, etc.* *scream some more* *crappy guitar outro*

What an incredibly simple plan!

Posted by Klarth

just be thankful they don't write their own songs.

oh, and I'm sure they'll be all the rage in england in two or three months. shame.

Posted by Illyria110

Quoting greasemunky990: I agree with you that simple plan sucks but not all music played on the radio sucks some of the music is pretty good

i guess i should of rephrased that, most of the music sucks on the radio with the exception of like r.e.m , dave mathews band...music like that

Quoted post: with the exception of like r.e.m , dave mathews band...music like that

But they suck too :(

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro: But they suck too :(

R.E.M. isn't that bad.

Simple Plan is one of the most foulest things to come into being. Bad Form to the record label that signed these talentless saps

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Dragon X: Simple plan isn't the greatest. Green day is better

Hilarious because I actually support it. At least Green Day's been influential. Dookie introduced so many people to music... (and Jesus of Suburbia is decent) Needless to say, they're still simple.

And I don't like R.E.M. (Everybody Hurts and that other popular song sucked hard)

And wait, Simple Plan don't write their own songs?

Posted by Twilight Chick

Yes! They write their own songs! Green Day is also really awsome. They come in 3rd place for me.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Illyria110: i guess i should of rephrased that, most of the music sucks on the radio with the exception of like r.e.m , dave mathews band...music like that

ahaha you need XM so bad :cool:

i'm sick of basically every band that still plays right now, with the exception of a few. hell, the last good album i've heard in the past year is Queens Of The Stoneage's new album, and that shouldn't even count since it like JUST came out.

Posted by Illyria110

hey im not saying its like the best music in the world, but i would rather listen to that than simple plan