The 80's

Posted by Proto Man

Dude, the 80's had some of the best music! The reason the 80's are my favorite period is because of the use of synthesizers. I can't get enough of that sound!

SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS
WHO AM I TO DISAGREE?

Posted by Dexter

Synthesizers + 80's = Gary Newman.

You like?

Posted by Stalolin

i'm going to disagree and say that the 80's had some of the worst music ever

and it did

Posted by Dexter

I suggest you listen to some Gary.

Posted by Ant

The 80's had the best in a sense is that it truly defined the decade. It's the last decade to do as such. And probably will be for some time to come. I like how everything sounds so different from what you expect to hear nowadays, or even back in the 70's. It was all just so wild and fun.

Posted by WackoHater2

The 80's was an awesome era when it came to music. Some of my favorite bands are straight out of the 80's. Queen and Guns N' Roses just to name a few.

Posted by Ant

Queen was 70's dood.

Posted by WackoHater2

Lol older than I thought they were. Alright, Whitesnake, Culture Club, ACDC, and Aerosmith are 4 more.

Posted by Dexter

All that music sucks though. :(

Beds are burnings doods!

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Synthesizers + 80's = Gary Newman.

You like?

This is the first time I've heard of him. I just checked him out, and he sounds good. What's funny is that "ME" sounds like "Where's your head at?" by Basement Jaxx. Thanks for pointing this guy out to me. :)

Quoting Ant: Queen was 70's dood.

This is true, BUT!

Another One Bites the Dust: August 22, 1980!

Quoting Panic: Lol older than I thought they were. Alright, Whitesnake, Culture Club, ACDC, and Aerosmith are 4 more.

Whitesnake is ok, the rest... just don't define the 80's IMO. Not like Eurythmics, Men at Work, Dire Straits, The Buggles, Ray Parker Jr., Huey Lewis and the News, Talk Talk, and I could name a bunch more.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Lol 80's

Posted by Stalolin

80's was comprised of washed-up bands, one-hit wonders played over and over again, and too many synthesizers.

Posted by Ant

As apposed to the over-use of guitars in most modern music today?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Ant]As apposed to the over-use of guitars in most modern music today?

No, mainstream today uses way too much guitar, one of the reasons it sucks.

Posted by Ant

well, if I had to pick either guitars or synthesizers being overused I'd pick the later.

Posted by Omni

There was some good music in the 80's...

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Ant: As apposed to the over-use of guitars in most modern music today?

More like the over use of bad sounding voice.

Posted by Omni

How about the over-use of lack of musical talent?

Posted by Killer Jordo

Lol 80's discussion

Posted by Omni

Jordo, you neglected to mention your crush on Billy Idol.

Posted by Dexter

Gary Newman is hawter.

Posted by Omni

Isn't his name [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Numan"]Gary Numan[/URL]?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Killer Jordo: Lol 80's discussion

Yes, and I haven't seen you add anything substantial to it yet either. :rolleyes:

Posted by Omni

I still enjoy some 80's music.

Jordo rarely adds anything truly relevant to any topics, despite his ownership of the blog.

Posted by Dexter

I suppose it is Numan.

Posted by Omni

I ignored Gary Numan until Nine Inch Nails covered the song "Metal" on Things Falling Apart.

Posted by Dexter

I actually didn't know about Gary until Fear Factory did a cover of "Cars."

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: Jordo, you neglected to mention your crush on Billy Idol.

Pfft, last night I fell inlove with Axl Rose. BEST SHOW EVAH!

Posted by Killer Jordo

And do add to the thread positively. The 80's were OK. But like stated before a **** load of one-hit-wonders came from this period. Making it hard to make it big, but when you did, you sure did.

My brother hates the 80's. I pranked him and put 'Final countdown' on a pure beatles CD. I was like har har, he was like you son of a *****.

Posted by Raptor

The 80's was full of crap, but the crap was often so catchy and infectious it could be considered good. Popular music today is still full of crap, but most of it is so generic and bland it's not even any fun to listen to.

Numan rules. Everyone has heard "Cars" whether they know it or not, but it's mandatory that everyone listen to "M.E." and "We Have a Technical" at some point in their lives. Get Replicas. It's a brilliant concept album, and you'll get the meaning behind it if you take the time to read up about the concept.

If you want more good 80's music, I suggest you listen to the albums Change the Weather and Underneath the Radar by Underworld. Some fabulous 80's gems on those. Hep!

I'll choose 80's synthpop over 80's metal anyday.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, eighties metal was kinda...gay. I do like a few songs but...

Posted by Stalolin

Final Countdown was the only good thing to come from 80's music.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, it's funny enough to make up for the gay factor. Watch the music video if you haven't already.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Stalolin: Final Countdown was the only good thing to come from 80's music.

My brother jsut called you a fag :( He was behind me when I was reading this.