Wii prices...

Posted by hypnotize_

These prices right now for the Wii are ridiculous. So much for not exceeding 250... I went to the local Walmart store yesterday to check prices and they were out of stock but offering reservation of the next order for $450 dollars. I nearly laughed at the saleswoman when she told me this. If it is $450 at Walmart, I don't even want to know what the price is at Bestbuy.

Does anyone know how long this is going to go on, until the prices come back down to $250?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

People are offering bundles now, which includes extra wiimotes and more games. It's an easy way to jack up the price, and if you don't give the person an option, it's an easy sell. More and more places are doing it, and I have a feeling that's what's happening in your case.

Posted by Dexter

Definitely a bundle. There's no way the system alone would be priced that high even if it was a reservation deal.

Posted by hypnotize_

I don't know if it was a bundle.. just by searching ebay right now all the prices with the Wii's alone are atleast $400. When is the next big shipment of Wii's coming to most stores so that this madness will cool down?

After christmas I'm sure. Though eBay is no indication of price.

Posted by hypnotize_

Ebay is actually cheaper than most places though, which surprises me to see that it is selling Wii's over $600. What is even more surprising though is that people are still buying them for the inflated price.

Posted by Dexter

That's because the system was just released and they are often hard to find so they can get away with such prices.

Posted by maian

That's...odd. I've never seen stores raise prices because it's understocked. They just say tough, and make you wait until the next shipment. :cookie:

They had their sell-out session here. Now, when I get the money, I'll have no problem getting one, since I'll be able to convienently walk into Target and pick one off the shelves. :)

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting maian: That's...odd. I've never seen stores raise prices because it's understocked. They just say tough, and make you wait until the next shipment. :cookie:

They had their sell-out session here. Now, when I get the money, I'll have no problem getting one, since I'll be able to convienently walk into Target and pick one off the shelves. :)

EB and Gamestop are getting shipments everyweek, and apparently they're selling out just as fast as the preordered originals went out the door.

I haven't seen these inflated prices either to be honest, EBay...is EBay...people were paying 15k for PS3's and 700 bucks for Wiis. It's called demand and desirability.

EDIT: there was only 1 person who spent 15k on a PS3

Yeah, shipments seem to be coming in on Saturdays, going on sale Sundays. Except people are lining up for those, so you'll have to get there an hour or earlier before the store opens.