Most Addictive n64 Game?

Posted by Desperado

Super Smash Brothers man! I've spent more hours on this than I have on any other N64 title or fighting game in general. I think its because of the gameplay. It was simple yet...so addictive (fun). My friends would come over in packs, the room wuld turn into an arena. I was always winning lol. Sumtimes I culd even take on 3 opponents without using any items or weapons besides Ness's baseball bat to throw em off stage. I think I spent 4 days + just taking on anyone who had enuff skillz to get me off the controller.

Posted by Dexter

Super Smash is addicting when it comes to multiplayer. Once you start, it isn't easy to stop. But with playing alone, it isn’t as addicting.

Goldeneye wins this for me. Not only do we get addicted to the multiplayer, the single play is remarkably addicting for me. I'm always telling myself 'one last time.'

Posted by christinadeenadee

Hey, I've actually played this game. I used to watch a kiddo who was super addicted to it.

Posted by Meftah

There is alot of em but a crowd plzer for me would have to be "Perfect Dark" boii u could go on and on wit dat game ;)

Posted by Sean Fury

Hmmm...I don't really know. Maybe Pokemon Stadium 2?

Posted by Roger Smith

OoT, MM, Super Mario 64, SSM, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Mischief Makers, Diddy Kong Racing, War Gods and Bio Freaks was pretty fun. I know I'm missing a couple titles, but that's all that's on my mind.

Posted by Dexter

War ***s? Did you really like it? What exactly did you like about it? I couldn't imagine myself being addicted to that game.

Posted by Arcadios

SM64, DKR, OoT, SSM, SF.

Posted by Roger Smith

I'm not sure, I just enjoyed playing it alot. I enjoyed all the N64 fighting games. War ***s, Bio Freaks and OH DARK RIFT WAS THE OTHER GAME I FORGOT TO MENTION.

Posted by Dexter

haha. I found those all to be horrible! I remember renting Dark Rift. I should probably buy it and play it again. I'm sure I could find it on eBay for a reasonable price. Which one was your favorite fighting game on the N64?

Posted by Roger Smith

Out of the 3 I listed, Dark Rift. But Killer Instinct Gold was by far my favorite fighting game. It and the original KI are among my favs to this day.

Posted by Dexter

Oh yeah, aside from Super Smash, Killer Instinct Gold was probably my favorite fighting game for the N64. The original was rad, too.

Posted by Roger Smith

ULTRA, ULTRA, ULTRA -fades into distance-

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I remember getting addicted to Mario kart 64, then it was super smash bros, then it was donkey kong 64 followed by Banjo Kazooie, then it was Gauntlet and it ended with perfect dark :)[/COLOR]

Posted by Megatron

Mario Kart 64 for me. A lot of other games come in a close 2nd though.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I don't know about you guys but nothing sucked me in as mindlessly as "PokeMon Puzzle League"... *goes and plays PokeMon Puzzle League*

Posted by Dexter

Angerion, I used to play that game so much that I would dream about it all night and wake up as a better player because it was as though I was actually practicing all night long. Beating that game was such a treat. Best puzzle game the 64 ever had.

Posted by Tyler Durden

GoldenEye has to do it for me. No other game stays freshly out in the open air, atop my N64, more often that 007GE. Unless I'm schoolin' some friends at Duke Nukem 64, which is only because of it's arcade-esque feel towards the gameplay of course. But that's beside the point, put another check on GoldenEye.

Posted by ExoXile

Ocarina Of Time, and Goldeneye.
Yeah.

Posted by ccrocker58

The first N64 game i was really addicted to was Mario Kart 64, after that was (in no particular order) KI Gold, OoT, San Fran Rush (crashing the game from getting mad air...classic), and Perfect Dark

Posted by Sapphire Rose

GoldenEye, Army Men: Sarges Heroes (lot of memories with this game), Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap (not sure why), Super Smash Bros., Cruisin' World, Diddy Konk Racing, Conker: Bad Fur Day, Blast Corps., WCW: Revenge (which is still the best wrestling game in my opinion)... too many to list. I love it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Definitely OoT and MK. Looks like I'll have to start up my N64 pretty soon.

Posted by TheSorrow

Goldeneye, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Blast Corps, and Super Mario 64, I remember these the most cause they were the ones I played the most and enjoyed the most

Posted by Omni

I'd say Goldeneye, because cheats make it fun and multiplayer is awesome.

Posted by Zeta

My cousin and I played Rampage World Tour every chance we got. <3'd causing mass destruction.

Posted by Tyler Durden

World Tour eh?.. Traitor.

Posted by MrQuicksilver

Legend Of Zelda OOT, you could explore that vast land, playing through extensive levels, looking for new things, experiancing links life, and enjoying the mysticism for a long time.

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting MrQuicksilver: Legend Of Zelda OOT, you could explore that vast land, playing through extensive levels, looking for new things, experiancing links life, and enjoying the mysticism for a long time.

Well put.
For single players games, that and Mario 64 were hard to beat.
And for me personally, Diddy Kong Racing just keeps on giving.
Now all I need is a decent multiplayer opponent to verse.

Multiplayer wise, Perfect Dark is very addicting.

My and 2 other friends played it for about 6 hours till 4:00am, had a sleep and then went and played it for another 4 hours, loving every moment of it.
And this wasn't when the game was new, it was only 6 months ago.
So yeah! :cool:

Posted by ExoXile

I remember the days when me and my friend did exactly the same.
Fun times.

Posted by Abendigo

conker was sooooo much fun! i also couldnt stop playing goldeneye and mario 64

PokeMon Puzzle League... can't... stop... playing... ... but must... hit... mute button... too... many... Pikachu's

*blows brains out to silence the Pikachuing*

Posted by veritas

Quoting Pretty Hate Machine: I'd say Goldeneye, because cheats make it fun and multiplayer is awesome.

Cause it takes skill using only one arm without auto aim

Goldeneye's a blast, it's the tetris of FPS games.

Posted by Creedence

1)Pokemon Colloseum was addictive. Especally when you had your level 100 game boy pokemon. I'm not a pokemon fan nowadays, but I can't say it wasn't addictive.
2)Worms: Armegedon. I don't think there are very many people who have played or remembers this game. It was still awesome killing worms with more weapons than you can imagine.
3)OoT of course. I just dont think that Majoras Mask had as much fun stuff to do. The masks made up for the envioroment size though.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Conker Bad Fur Day, that game was awesome, it was hilarous. I laughed at almost every cutscene.

I've never seen Conker as hillarious although it is pretty amusing. But more importantly its a good game overal.

Posted by Slade

Huh, I'll have to get Conker sometime. I've never played it because when it came out I wasn't allowed to go anywhere near it, and eventually assumed that it wasn't worth getting. I think it got a lot of news coverage or something. cursed parents

Most addicting for me were/are definitely Goldeneye and SSB. Mario Kart is a close second.

And I'm glad someone mentioned Worms: Armageddon. That game has some of the best multiplayer ever if everyone knows what they're doing.

Posted by Creedence

Battle Tanks was awesome too, now that I think of it, It reminded me so much of MegaMan 64 but it was made by 3DO.

Slade? on worms did you ever unlock the super Bannana Bomb. That thing was the shizzle.

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Angerion the Brave: PokeMon Puzzle League... can't... stop... playing... ...

Oh I know the feeling, this game suffers a mahor case of "one more time"...

I was nearly late for work, cause I decided i'd have "one" more go about 5 times.
It was well worth it though.
I have your wood now Team Rocket!

Posted by MarioStar

Mario 64 and Ocarina of time never get old no many how many times i beat them. And conkers bad fur day is Awsome with four people.

Posted by Creedence

... forget what this game was called but you were a construction worker whos name was Charlie, I think, and it was a puzle style game where you tried to get a bunch of TNT crates together on a little island and blow the up.
What game is this? Anybody know?

Posted by D.J Cat

I don't know but it sounds interesting.
At first I thought Blast Corps but no, at least I don't think so.

While on the subject, Blast Corps was indeed a very addictive game!

Goldeneye IF you have good opponents to play with, you could spend the majority of a weekend playing it.
Those were the days.
I need new opponents!

Posted by SomeCrazyGuy

Paper Mario, OoT, Harvest Moon 64, GE007 and, criticize all you like, but I was addicted to Quest 64 for a long while a long while back.

Posted by D.J Cat

Quest 64 gets a lot of random hate for some reason.
Although the people that defend it and stand by it too me suggests its at least worth checking out.

On the subject of most addictive:
Pokemon Puzzle League nearly made me late for work!
It has a massive case of "one more go-ness"

Posted by Xero

I think I've posted in this thread already, but meh. I'Ll post anothe game I found addictive.

I'll agree with pokemon puzzle league. That game entertained me for hours. But it wasn't the most addictive I've played.

I know for sure that perfect dark was one hell of an addictive game for me. Same goes for Gauntlet 64 and SSB as well. I remember playing those games for hours without being able to stop because I wanted to complete everything and make best times/scores and stuff.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting D.J Cat: Quest 64 gets a lot of random hate for some reason.

Hate here. My reason is because the controls and set up was too complicated. I borrowed it one day and was all excited for it but then I got to walking in the field and as I remember it I was going far too slow to tolerate. I was all like "I'm not going to tolerate this." I'm usually a patient dude but I knew either I was doing something wrong or the game just had a terrible setup. I can tolerate a lot, but that was too frustrating for me.

But my time with the game was short and it was about 7 years ago, so idk.

Posted by Nihilus

Before there was Halo and live play, we used to cram 10-15 ppl into a small room and battle it out on some Goldeneye....And argue half the time over who was gettin the midget, he was so **** annoying to play against.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Tragically Hip: Before there was Halo and live play, we used to cram 10-15 ppl into a small room and battle it out on some Goldeneye....And argue half the time over who was gettin the midget, he was so **** annoying to play against.

Haha good times. I remember back in grade school, on break times, we'd be 30 kids in the same room, waiting to play on one single SNES and we'd be playing Street Fighter 2 until the bell rang. But that's not on N64. I'm off-topic.

Nobody ever brought his or her N64 at school when it came out. They were too scared of getting it stolen.

Posted by Litbut

Smash Bros and Mario Party 2. =D Addicting games.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Starfox 64 and Goldeneye. I always play them every once in a while. They remind me of a simpler time. . .

Posted by karateteen14

mine would have to be conker's bad fur day and mortal kombat 4. Conker is just so hilarious and mk4 had good graphics. It really showed the n64's power.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

Before i say this i am telling you its not a lie.

Mario Golf.

for real me and my cousin got down right competitive at this game, but a very extremely close 2nd place would be the 1st Mario Party. we all played that game a ton, of course we all played smash bros as well, but Golf/Party did it for me personally way way better.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]Wave Race, amirite?

Seriously, though, in no particular order:
Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart, Mario 64, Starfox, and the multiplayer mode in Bomberman 64. There's probably more but I'd have to look through my games again.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Nihilus

It's obviously Goldeneye. No contest

Posted by oxpecker123

I think wwf no mercy was addictive, I remember when I used to play the infinite battle royal. there was a lot of wrestlers in the game too, I couldn't get tired of it.

South Park the first person shooter game was addictive because of the multiplayer mode with all weapons cheat. People would complain about the exploding terrance and Phillip dolls. I think I liked alot mostly because the cussed a lot in the game

Posted by TimeSkipz

Starcraft or SSB.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]Starcraft was awful on the N64. The controls were messed up, the graphics got downgraded, and there's no multiplayer. Why anyone would have played it on the N64 over a PC is beyond me.[/COLOR]

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Mr. Awesome;786486][COLOR=Navy]Starcraft was awful on the N64. The controls were messed up, the graphics got downgraded, and there's no multiplayer. Why anyone would have played it on the N64 over a PC is beyond me.[/COLOR]

Maybe they didn't have a pc :(.

Posted by Nazo

I liked Mario Kart64. **** I would play that game for hours. Even though I beat it so many times, it was just that fun.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Mr. Awesome: [COLOR=Navy]Starcraft was awful on the N64. The controls were messed up, the graphics got downgraded, and there's no multiplayer. Why anyone would have played it on the N64 over a PC is beyond me.[/COLOR]

Same here. I didn't even want to try it. I knew the controls would be bad and it's just not the same on a N64.
PC for the win.

Posted by TigerLilly

Its got to be GoldenEye. On multiplayer mode, its impossible to put away.

Posted by Ch

For me, OoT, Starfox 64, Conker,............ and Goemon's Great Adventure. GGA just had me hooked from the second I played it with my cousin.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Goldeneye, Smash Bros. and LoZ:OoT for me. Those were really fun games, goldeneye for fun cheats to mess around with with friends, smash bros. for multiplayer, and OoT for it's amazing puzzles

Posted by #061402

Body Harvest. I mean, come on! It was awesome at the time and it was just a huge orgasmfest.

Posted by Apathetic

Harvest Moon 64

Posted by Kal

A lot maybe its been mario kart or mario party lately.

Posted by Linksonic5

definitely super mario 64! sonic 64 would rock though... @.@

Posted by Dexter

Sonic games were horrible during the 64 era.

Posted by Average n00b

I'd hate to sound so cliche and all..

LoZ Oot, and Mario 64.

Posted by NikkoFreako

OoT and Super Smash Bros. xD

Posted by O.T.L

OoT and SSB hands down

Posted by Vasioth

Lylat Wars was incredibly Addictive, especially if you went the Brain way, I loved fighting the advanced version of Star Wolf near the end.

The Legend of Zelda: OOT and MM were also pretty **** addictive, but especially MM for the Mask collecting/Minigames it had.

I guess Conkers Bad Fur Day also for its humorous side...

Posted by Jillian

Starfox 64, Oot and Mario Kart.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Mario Kart 64. I would play that one day in and day out, and that's the only one I still play day in and day out. Runner up: Blast Corps.