Halo 3 shiznit

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Surprised no-one's posted this yet. Sign up for entry into the public beta at http://www.halo3.com - at least, if you're a Canuck or a Yank.

Also, that trailer that was shown on MNF earlier today is now available on Marketplace (and bungie.net, I believe), and it's rather impressive.

Posted by Axis

Trailer is CGI though. :( Would've been cool if it was real-time.

Can't wait for the game.

You mean in-engine? Yeah, I guess that would have been better, but I'm more impressed with the cinematic quality of it. The opening sequence especially, as well as that scene with Chief running towards the camera, for example. It really hammered home in my mind how good a Halo movie could actually be (which may, of course, be partly the intention).

Posted by s0ul

Anyone else get 404'd hard when they try to do the beta sign-up?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Can't connect. LAME

And I'll watch the trailer tomorrow.

Posted by s0ul

If I don't get in I'm killing someone.

Probably Stinger.

Edit: Also, it's not just for North Americans, silly. anyone can get in.

Edit2: Holy ****, do I see a Halo 1 pistol in the Chief's hand? I do believe I do.

Edit3: ****, maybe not. :(

Quoted post: If I don't get in I'm killing someone.

Apparently this is just the first way in. Most people are guessing that you "win" ways to get in for free right away... the rest will most likely have to pay.

[quote]European Gamers

Europe will soon have the chance to secure their place on the Halo 3 multiplayer beta, scheduled to start next spring. Keep an eye on your local Xbox community site for more details.

Yeah.

Posted by s0ul

Oh, I was just going off "We also made mention of the Halo 3 Beta (coming some time in 2007) and folks panicked when they saw that a press release mentioned only the US. Don't panic. The Halo 3 Beta will be available in the US, Europe and elsewhere in the world. We'll keep you updated on the detailed specifics as they come in."

Posted by Drewboy64

The trailer/commercial they showed was awesome, especially that shield he used.

Haha, oh wow. A cellphone number is required? How dumb.

Anywho, registration works now.

Posted by Shade

****. I don't have a cell phone. :mad:

I just used my sister's number. I'm sure you could make anything up.

Anywho, the teaser was awesome. Way too short though.

Posted by Shade

I'm stoked for the return of the assault rifle.

I couldn't care less about the **** pistol.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Shade32:
I couldn't care less about the **** pistol.

I WILL END YOU

Posted by Shade

IT'S CALLED A BATTLE RIFLE.

Posted by s0ul

No, battle rifle's called a battle rifle.

Spread, shorter range, more shots to kill, and slower fire? More like, it's called a pistol.

Posted by Shade

I still like the BR more. =/ Also, BXR and double shot and triple shot.

shorter range, wtf? they're both x2 scope.

Posted by s0ul

range does not equal scope!

You're getting confused with a sight-type scope and scatter-type scope.

Posted by Skitzo Control

PISTOL>BATTLE RIFLE

Any one of you that disagree will be forced to face a rigorous '80s montage correctional training.

Posted by Shade

dun dun dun dun we need a montage

when the screen fades out it seems like more time has passed in a montaaage

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Wings: You're getting confused with a sight-type scope and scatter-type scope.

Who is this directed at?

Both of you.

And now I'm confused. Is the battle rifle the one with burst fire or continuous fire?

Posted by Shade

Burst, up to 9 shots.

Then yeah, pistol is better. Assault rifle, though? Suprisingly decent.

Posted by Shade

Assault rifle is beastly. Tears apart enemies like BUTTA.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Wings: Both of you.

And now I'm confused. Is the battle rifle the one with burst fire or continuous fire?

I wasn't confused. SHADE WAS CONFUSED. Then again, it doesn't matter because the range and the lack of spread is better on pistol. The zoom's the same. :)

Yeah, assault rifle rapes, alright.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I bet the AR sucks, hard, once the game comes out. It'll be all about some sort of mid-range weapon, again, once things get settled.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Apparently, Bungie plans to start the Beta this Spring, and there are two and ONLY two ways to get in. First is to play for three hours of Halo 2 on Xbox Live between the times of 12:01 AM, February 1st, to 11:59 PM, February 3rd (EST), then sign up at halo3.com for a chance to participate in the beta. The second is to purchase Crackdown.

It looks like Bungie is trying to appeal to the masochistic Halo fans. "It hurts so bad, but I want in the beta so bad!" I'm tempted to buy a crap load of copies of Crackdown, just so I could steal some poor boy's chance of getting into the beta.:p:

Yeah, so much for 'public' beta.

Posted by muffla

add on to skitzo bungie said they would select 13,333 people to keep with the 3 theme (3 hours feb 3 for halo 3)

Quoted post: Apparently, Bungie plans to start the Beta this Spring, and there are two and ONLY two ways to get in.

Three including the registration thing when the CG trailer came out. Which you should find out if you got in or not this month.

But you can't honestly tell me these are the only ways you can get in. I bet there will be other ways... maybe not completely free ways, but more options nonetheless.

Posted by Skitzo Control

We should make a movie!

Four misfits road trip to Seattle to kidnap a Bungie employee to make it into the Halo 3 Beta, but on the way run into all sorts of whacky trouble and learn that what's more important than video games is each other's friendship.

Siskel and Ebert would give it two thumbs up, saying, "It's a crazy but heartwarming film full of dirty jokes but friendship that knows no bounds."

The Chicago Times calls it, "Hilarious! We haven't laughed this hard since we made kids like these push pennies down the halls in high school."

...My ***, I'm really tired.

That's actually a pretty good idea. You should get tired more often.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Skitzo Control: PISTOL>BATTLE RIFLE

Any one of you that disagree will be forced to face a rigorous '80s montage correctional training.

disagree.

and before you montage me, I'd like to point out that Brian Boitano is pro-BR.

Posted by Shade

I agree.

Posted by Axis

Since I work at a Gamestore, a copy of Crackdown with the Halo 3 beta in it will be mine for sure.

You realise that the beta won't be live immediately, right?

Posted by Axis

Uh, yeah...

Posted by Tiptoegecko

still gotta reserve Crackdown :P

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Sean Fury: disagree.

and before you montage me, I'd like to point out that Brian Boitano is pro-BR.

Yes, except that you are wrong. Like, objectively. You... you can't argue that the battle rifle is better, because it is in fact worse in every possible way!

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting s0ul: Yes, except that you are wrong. Like, objectively. You... you can't argue that the battle rifle is better, because it is in fact worse in every possible way!

Maybe I'm too much of a newb to understand, but I haven't lost a single match of SWAT/FBI ever and I never use the pistol, always the battle rifle.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

The thing I am confused by is the legendary edition of Halo 3 come with a Master Chief bust/statue or an actual, wearable mask?

I am hoping the mask is wearable, I am gonna be such a hardcore Halo player that I am going to rig that bad boy with my mic. inside of it and wear it while playing live/driving to work.

It's much too small to wear, unfortunately. Just a decoration.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Sean Fury]Maybe I'm too much of a newb to understand, but I haven't lost a single match of SWAT/FBI ever and I never use the pistol, always the battle rifle.
...If I hadn't taken a massive dump before I read this, the feces would have blasted through the top of my skull for how amazed I was at this post.

Then I realized that when you said "Pistol

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Skitzo Control: ...If I hadn't taken a massive dump before I read this, the feces would have blasted through the top of my skull for how amazed I was at this post.

Then I realized that when you said "Pistol

OH, ***, I've just never heard anyone actually call the Magnum by that name and we always just call it the pistol, no wonder I was confused =/

Posted by s0ul

Man I love context clues.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I heard something about a reformation of SPF 50. Is this true?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Sean Fury: OH, ***, I've just never heard anyone actually call the Magnum by that name and we always just call it the pistol, no wonder I was confused =/

lol

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Stinger]I heard something about a reformation of SPF 50. Is this true?Let's just say Ma-Ti is trapped somewhere and unable to hear the call of the other Planeteers.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Stinger: I heard something about a reformation of SPF 50. Is this true?

For the three hours we need for the Halo 3 beta sign-up thing, we're doing BPF/StI/SPF reunion tour. And then for actual Halo 3 is what I meant with SPF50 reformation, 'cause that'd rock and Halo online isn't half as fun without your runnin' crew.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=s0ul]...Halo online isn't half as fun without Skitzo Control.
Fixed.:)

Posted by s0ul

That, too. You better get a 360 with Halo 3 sometime. Start saving. NOW. :mad:

So someone leaked a few videos of Halo 3 Alpha multiplayer (while they were sailing, I assume. Yarr!) and Microsoft are scrambling to remove them. Duggmirror caught it, though:

http://duggmirror.com/gaming_news/Leaked_Halo_3_Video_and_Photos_Complete_Coverage/

Haha, ouch. Good find, sir.

Posted by s0ul

Looks exactly like Halo 2. Rad! Hoping that's temporary. [spoiler]not graphically, stupids [/spoiler]

Posted by cool gamer dad

The least they could have done was show-off any new weapons etc.

But we get weapons we've seen twice before in a video that was taken with a digital camera.

That's because it's not a press-released video, it's some dude breaking NDA on something we're not supposed to see. Remember it's an Alpha.

Yeah, it's Alpha AND a quite a few months old. Everything we've seen before is old footage and images.