Dark Secret - Day 8

Posted by Sak

Okay dudes, here's Day 8! Sorry I took so long, hope you dudes enjoy, etc, etc. [spoiler](Oh and don't say that I messed up on Anara's chest area a bit in the pic cuz I already know that.)[/spoiler]
_____
Dark Secret - Day 8
Saving Sora - Part 2

-- Kairi’s House --

“This is all my fault…” thought Anara sadly, “If I hadn’t left her alone in there, we wouldn’t be in this mess right now.” “Anara, don’t blame yourself,” came Sara’s voice from inside of Anara’s head. “Sara, you just gave me a brilliant idea,” thought Anara.
“Really, what’s that?”
“Is there a way for you to lock onto another person’s mind?”
“You mean like tracking someone?”
“Yeah.”
“Hmmm… I’ve never really tried that before…”
“Well, could you try tracking Riku?”
“I’ll try, but I’m not promising any results.”
“Don’t worry; I have a back up plan too. Now get out of my mind, Sara.”
“Okay, okay.”
“Guys, I have an idea on how to find Riku,” said Anara with a slight smile on her face. “And what exactly would that be?” asked Kousuke with hope burning in his green eyes. “Sara’s going to track his mind,” Anara replied coolly. “But what if that doesn’t work out?” asked Kairi. “Then I have a back up plan that involves you and your magic,” Anara said to Kairi, “Now you two go do something. It‘s probably going to take Sara awhile to lock onto his signature.” “Fine, “ replied Kairi and Kousuke simultaneously as they left the room. Anara left the room as well and headed down the long hallway. She stopped at the bathroom door, opened it, entered, and slammed the wooden door shut behind her.

-- Hotaru’s Room --

“Come on, Sara, you have to find him,” Sara thought to herself, “Everyone’s counting on you!” She projected her mind outwards, making it leave her body, allowing her to find other people’s minds. “He can’t be that far,” Sara thought. Sara searched for minds near Kairi’s home. All that she could find were the minds of townspeople, and they were no help at all in her search for Riku. Most of them barely knew that he existed. It looked like she would have to search outside of this world, something Sara wished she didn’t have to do. Sara closed her eyes shut and forced her mind away from the Destiny Islands, into deep space. Mere seconds after leaving the Destiny Islands, pain shot through Sara’s head; it felt as if a flaming knife had been plunged through her head. Both her mind and her body screamed, sounding like banshees trying to kill their pray with their deadly shrieks…

-- Bathroom --

Anara inhaled deeply and took a look at herself in the mirror. “Is that really me?” she whispered to herself. Anara couldn’t figure out how that voluptuous figure with long, dirty blonde hair staring back at her was actually a reflection of herself. “I guess I changed a bit over the years…” Anara thought, “I can’t believe how long I let my hair get!” She took another deep breath and opened the medicine cabinet. “Please let Kairi keep some scissors in here…!” she whispered as she fumbled around, searching for a pair of metallic scissors. Suddenly, her hand met cool metal. “Aha!” she whispered in triumph. Anara took the scissors and removed the greenish bandana from her head. “Here goes nothing,” Anara said softly as she raised the scissors to her head, and began to cut her long hair. In minutes, her hair was down to its usual length. (Her hair’s usual length is the length it is in the picture.) Suddenly, a piercing scream met both Anara’s ears and her mind at the same time. She stumbled backwards and fell onto the tiled floor. “Sara!” she yelled as she got up and ran back towards Hotaru’s room.

-- Hotaru’s Room --

Sara continued to scream. The thing that was attacking her disembodied mind wouldn’t let her stop, no matter how hard she tried. She heard thumping footsteps coming towards her physical body. “Sara, focus!” came a voice that sounded distinctly like Anara‘s. “That voice…” said Sara’s mind in a dazed voice as her physical body continued to scream. Without warning, Sara’s mind fell back towards her body. Then, both her mind and her body collided and remerged into one, full being. Sara panted deeply. “Whew, you’re okay,” said Anara. Sara forced a weak smile onto her face, and fainted. “Sara?!? Sara?!?” Anara yelled. And that was the last thing she heard…

-- The Next Morning --

The sunlight hit Sara’s eyes. She turned over on her back and blinked twice. Just a grey ceiling greeted her eyes. She sat up in bed and looked at her surroundings… Wait…was that right? She looked at her surroundings? How was that possible?!? She was blind! Sara brought her hands up to her face and simply stared at them. It had been years since she could see! Tears began to well up at the corners of her eyes. She couldn’t remember how long it had been when she was this happy. Then the strange feeling overcame her, as it always did when she had a vision. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head, and a new image filled her mind…

-- Sara’s Vision --

Three shadowed figures gathered outside of Kairi’s house. Two of them appeared to be Kokiro and Kay. From what Sara could see, the third figure appeared to be heavily armored from head to toe. The three charged towards the house…

-- After Sara’s Vision --

Sara’s vision quickly ended, and the image of the room resurfaced in front of her eyes. She hopped out of bed and ran out of the room. Sara decided to send out a mental message. “Guys,” she thought, “We’re gonna get attacked by Kokiro, Kay, and some armored dude!” Footsteps thumped towards her along the hallway. “Typical,” came Kairi’s voice. “What she said,” responded Kousuke. “Would the two of you shut the hell up and focus?” said Anara harshly. Kairi and Kousuke both looked like they were going to say something, but didn’t after they noticed the look on Anara’s face. “Hey Sara, why aren’t you wearing my blindfold…?” asked Kousuke when he noticed that the gunner wasn’t wearing it. “I can see,” she replied bluntly. “Everyone quiet,” said Anara softly, “I hear footsteps outside.” “Dude, you must have -” began Kousuke before Kairi covered his mouth. “Shut the hell up,” Kairi mouthed. Then, without warning, the front door burst open, and they all rushed into battle.

-- Kousuke and Sara’s Battle --

“Take this!” shouted Sara as she shot bullet after bullet at Kokiro. “Oh poopy,” said Kokiro when he noticed that Sara wasn’t wearing her blindfold, “You can see again!” Sara smiled and shot another bullet at him. “Hah! You missed!” the man sneered. “Who says I was actually trying to hit you?” said Sara with a smile on her face. “Huh?” asked Kokiro with a confused look on his face. “Take this!” shouted Kousuke as he brought down a metal staff on top of Kokiro’s head. Kokiro’s eyes rolled into the back of his head, and he fell to the ground, unconscious. Then he disappeared into a pool of shadow.

-- Anara’s Battle --

“THUNDAGA!” shouted Kay. Anara dodged the lighting as if it were nothing. “Hold still!” Kay shouted in anger. Anara smiled and ran towards the other girl. Anara jumped up into the air and brought her foot down on Kay’s head. The impact would have normally fractured a normal human’s skull, but Kay was no ordinary human; she was a heartbrid. Anara, thinking that Kay was down for the count, let down her guard for a moment. “THUNDAGA!” shouted Kay as she struggled to get up from the blow. “Whoa!” said Anara. She sidestepped out of the way in the nick of time. The axe blade strapped to Anara’s back wasn’t as lucky as she was, however. Anara’s axe blade got struck by the spell head on and shattered into hundreds of pieces. “No…” said Anara softly as she sank to her knees, “That was Sean’s… That was Sean’s axe blade, and you destroyed it!” Rage burned deep inside of Anara’s green eyes. “You’re dead, you little bitch!” Anara got up from the ground and ran towards Kay. “Die!” She stabbed both of her claws into Kay’s stomach. After several seconds, she removed them. Kay fell to the ground, her eyes were still wide open, her body was still. Then her body turned to dust. Anara walked away from the scene of Kay’s death as if nothing had happened.

-- Kairi’s Battle --

“Sora, why don’t you remember me?” Kairi sadly asked the armored man who stood in front of her. Sora didn’t reply, and instead charged at her with his two keyblades raised. “Fine,” she said softly, “be that way.” Kairi took out her black book and shouted, “AERO!” Wind blasted outwards from her book and hit Sora head on and sent him flying backwards. “BLIZZAGA!” Shards of ice flew towards Sora. Several found weak points in his armor and cut deep into him. Despite this, he didn’t grunt or let out a cry of pain once. Sora pulled out the shards of ice that were embedded in his skin and shakily got up. “Okay Kari,” she thought to herself, “no more holding back.” “THUNDAGA!” Lighting struck him hard, and he lost consciousness. A pool of shadow began to form underneath Sora’s unconscious body. “No, I’m not going to lose him!” Kairi thought. She put her black book back in her book bag and took out her grey book. Kairi pointed her finger at the pool of shadow and shouted, “LIGHT AURA!” Several beams of light shot out from her fingertips and hit the shadows, causing them to vanish. She ran over to Sora and tried to pick his unconscious form up.

-- Aftermath (Five Minutes After the Battle to be Exact) --

“Talk!” Anara spat at the armored man tied to the chair. He simply stared into space as if she hadn’t said anything. “Talk, or she’ll make you talk!” Anara yelled as she pointed to Sara. There was still no response. “Okay, Sara,” Anara said, “do your thing. Try and unlock some memories or something.” “Yeah, yeah,” replied the blue haired girl. Sara placed her hands on her temples and closed her eyes. “Hmmm… He seems to have strong psychic blocks. Very strong psychic blocks. I’ll try and go as deep into his head as I can,” she said, “Ah here we go. I’m unlocking his memories…” There was a pause for a few moments. “Okay, he should be himself now. He’s asking to talk to Kairi.” Anara turned around and shouted, “Kairi, he wants to talk to you!” The door opened and Kairi entered the dark room. “Kairi…?” asked the armored man. “Sora!” Kairi shouted as she shoved past Sara and hugged the young man as tightly as her thin arms would let her, “I thought that I had lost you forever…” Kairi tried to hold back tears of joy, but easily yielded; she couldn’t hold them in any longer. “Should we undo his bonds and leave these two alone…?” said Sara’s voice in Anara’s head. “Yeah,” Anara thought back as she walked behind Sora and began to cut at the ropes tying him to the chair. Silently, Anara and Sara left the room so they could leave the two love birds alone…

-- to be continued --

Posted by Roxas Lover

I found that to be a short chapter, but a good chapter.
Also you called Kousuke "Daisuke" in one of the parts, or did I read that wrong?
And I'll start working on my chapter here soon.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: I found that to be a short chapter, but a good chapter.
Also you called Kousuke "Daisuke" in one of the parts, or did I read that wrong?
And I'll start working on my chapter here soon.

Really? Sorry bout that. I'm writing this story in English class and one of the characters is named Daisuke and since Daisuke and Kousuke are really similar I get them confused... yadda yadda yadda... etc etc.
______
Oh and dudes, I've decided to not continue Raven Scar, I really couldn't think of a good direction for the story to go.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Oh its ok. I was just pointing it out.
--
Why? I thought it was really good.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover:
Why? I thought it was really good.

Yes, but the way I was thinking it out, the story would never really go anywhere.

Posted by Roxas Lover

I see.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: I see.

Yes, yes you do. :p:

Posted by Roxas Lover

I know that this should be put in a different thread but...when will Riku finsh that chapter to your other story?

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: I know that this should be put in a different thread but...when will Riku finsh that chapter to your other story?

I think he should have it done by Christmas '09.

Posted by Arcadios

By then I'll be died.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Arcadios: By then I'll be died.

You'll be died...? You mean dead, right?

Posted by Arcadios

****, yea.
I've been diagnosed with cancer.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Arcadios: ****, yea.
I've been diagnosed with cancer.

You better not be joking about that. If you are, I'll kill you with my bare hands.

Posted by Arcadios

No, I'm not.
It'd be a pretty horrible joke.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Arcadios: No, I'm not.
It'd be a pretty horrible joke.

No, seriously Pats, stop joking. It's really not funny.

Posted by Arcadios

Heh, hinted thou.
I'm actually waiting on the test results.
Hopefully they'll come out the way I want.

Did anyone read my third chapter?

Posted by Roxas Lover

How did you get cancer? (If you got cancer that is.)
What third chapter? The one you are doing with Nexi? I read it.

Posted by Arcadios

Heh, I would go to Wikipedia for it but I guess it develops after awhile.
And yea, the one with Nexy.
Why does nobody comment on them?

Posted by NeXidala

[QUOTE=Sak]

Quick question. Why is her belly button so long???
And why is she practically wearing her bra?

But aside from that, the chapter was good.

Posted by Sak

Quoting NeXidala: Quick question. Why is her belly button so long???
And why is she practically wearing her bra?

But aside from that, the chapter was good.

lol. I have to say that I love that first question. :D It's to show that she's got like fit abs or something like that... and it's how Chris Bachalo draws women's stomachs... (look at Lady Mastermind's stomach in my siggy)

As for the second question : because it's supposed to be very hot where she lives. :p:
_____
Dudes, I was looking through my tagworld and I dug up some really old design for Anara! It looks soooooooo different from my current design for her!

Posted by Roxas Lover

Wow that is different.

Posted by Sak

Oh and here are some early sketches of Sara, Hotaru, and Kousuke... (I made them even before Roxas and I started the fic.)

Sara

Hotaru

Kousuke

______
And yes, yes it is.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Wow, how long ago did you draw those?

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: Wow, how long ago did you draw those?

When we were still developing the story.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Oh.

Posted by NeXidala

I really like your old design of Hotaru. Why didn't you keep it?

Posted by Roxas Lover

We did keep it. It was Sara that changed.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: We did keep it. It was Sara that changed.

No, Sara's design didn't change YET. I'm redoing everyone's design after we have them defeat the first main villain.

Posted by NeXidala

OH....
BTW, I was starting to get excited about Anara having longer dirty blonde hair 'till she had to cut it. =[[ Oh and is she still a lesbian?

Posted by Arcadios

I don't even know why sexuality should come into play with stories and stuff unless they're gonna have kids or something.
Maybe some people find it more interesting?
Heh, or maybe some kind of power up.
Regardless, she never was a lesbian.
Her beast side was but now that it no longer resides within her she's back to her own sexuality.
Which is straight if I'm not mistaken.

Posted by Sak

Quoting NeXidala: OH....
BTW, I was starting to get excited about Anara having longer dirty blonde hair 'till she had to cut it. =[[ Oh and is she still a lesbian?

I TOLD YOU NO LIKE TWO TIMES ALREADY! She's bisexual. :p:
____
And the long hair didn't suit her... I should know, I drew two pictures of her with long hair.

Posted by Arcadios

I thought you said she was straight.
:confused:

Posted by Sak

Quoting Arcadios: I thought you said she was straight.
:confused:

Well I couldn't explain her being a lesbian to suddenly going straight in the next chapter so I decided to say that she's a bisexual.

Posted by Arcadios

Heh, I also thought you said the beast was a lesbian.
:confused::confused:

Posted by Wally The Weird

Which, speaking from a scientific poitn of view, doesn't make any sence. Animals aren't gay or straight, they just mate. Something that is animal like would probably fall under the same category.

I think anyway, I'm not an expert.

Oh, and for anyone who cares, I have decided I don't like the last chapter of The Empty Book, so I am going to make another chapter 2, and then see which one is better.

And what is the last thing we heard from Riku DBA?

Posted by Arcadios

Meh, I'm not caring much for the blank page anymore.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Arcadios: Heh, I also thought you said the beast was a lesbian.
:confused::confused:

Oh that was my ultra lame excuse back when I couldn't come up with anything.
______
And what I meant by "beast" was her Berserker half Wally, not an actual animal.
______
Last thing I heard from RDBA was his last post in our last chapter so far. I think someone else should write the chapter, the wait's been ridiculously long. I mean it's been at least a month and a half now!

Posted by Arcadios

Heh, then I'm next.
:D
Which is perfect since tomorrow I won't be going to school since I have a doctor's appointment.
I'll work on it then.
Just don't bit my head off if it sucks, k?

Posted by Sak

Quoting Arcadios:
Just don't bit my head off if it sucks, k?

I'll try, but I'm not promising anything. :p:

Posted by Wally The Weird

Meh, I kind of figured as much. I could argue the point endlessly, but I'm not gonna.

I PLAN on the Empty Book chapter 2 new version to be longer then the one I have now, and possibly with very different results. I don't know, I just don't like the one I have up now anymore.

Posted by NeXidala

She would look better with long hair and clothes on. o.O

Posted by Sak

Quoting NeXidala: She would look better with long hair and clothes on. o.O

Look Nexi, you do whatever the hell you want with your characters, and I'll do what I want with mine.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Was that a little harsh?

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: Was that a little harsh?

Yeah, but I'm sick of her commenting on every little detail about Anara.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Yeah well don't get too mad at her.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Roxas Lover: Yeah well don't get too mad at her.

I'll try, but I didn't get any sleep last night and I'm really close to going She-Hulk all over her sorry ass. :p:

Posted by NeXidala

Your fukken with me right? Stop being a baby about everything and stop using curse words they look so retarded on you. It's kind of like seeing the teacher's pet or the snitch attempting to curse someone out. And it's not my fukken fault you can't get sleep. Everyone comments on your crap and you don't say sh!t to them so don't try to do that with me because I will go off on you. And

Quoting Sak: all over her sorry ass. :p:

What was that?

Haha who's the sorry one? Fukk you.

Posted by Arcadios

Well, then you shouldn't really go crazy on anyone.
If anything do it on me.
But why even argue on something so menial?

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Arcadios: Well, then you shouldn't really go crazy on anyone.
If anything do it on me.
But why even argue on something so menial?

Was this towards me?

Posted by Arcadios

No, not really.
;>_>
The last line was toward both of you babies thou.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Why must we argue?

Posted by Arcadios

Because stupid babies argue over stupid things.
Both of them are at fault so they should just shut up.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Yeah I guess.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Arcadios:
Both of them are at fault so they should just shut up.

For once I'm actually going to listen to you.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Good for you.

Posted by Arcadios

:dance: