Conkers Bad Fur Day

Posted by Meftah

I think that this is the best game for N64! They should give this the "#1 underdog game of the year" award. My favourite part of the game is the multiplayer war map. with the 2 bases each containning their own heavy machine gun. makeing u drool all over it. only to get shot by a sniper as soon as u get on rofl. whats ur favourite part?

Posted by icyhotmoney

I know this isnt exactly your question, but I really dont like that game. The first of the games had an E rating. Then they completley spin the game around and make it M. not hes a booze drinking horny pimp. Its completely uncalled for. Little kids get attached to the first one, hear the second one coming out and want to buy it. but they cant because its an adult game. Its ridiculous.

Posted by Desperado

It was involved in alot of contreversy too. People always tend to take jokes way 2 seriously.

Posted by Meftah

lol any opponions would be greatly appreciated but i know u liked the gameplay in it hiding all the st00f u said :P

Posted by Megatron

My favorite part of the game was the flower. :cool:

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting icyhotmoney: I know this isnt exactly your question, but I really dont like that game. The first of the games had an E rating. Then they completley spin the game around and make it M. not hes a booze drinking horny pimp. Its completely uncalled for. Little kids get attached to the first one, hear the second one coming out and want to buy it. but they cant because its an adult game. Its ridiculous.

That's a really stupid reason to hate a game. Go back to playing checkers grandpa.

Quoting Megatron: My favorite part of the game was the flower. :cool:

Second.

Posted by Dexter

Fun and funny game. I still haven't decided what my favorite part of it is. Conker has a rad fursonality.

Posted by Corrupt

Loved this game back in 2001 and still love it. The cute, cartoony graphics combined with the twisted humor just drew me in completely. Not to mention that Conker, Ze Professor, Don Weaso, Count Batula, and a host of others kicked ass. So many areas of the game were great, especially the Rock Solid club (I wonder why :cool: ) and the entire "Spooky" chapter. Hell, I still play my friends in the multiplayer to this day.

...just makes me wish I had an XBOX so I could get Live & Reloaded. :(

Posted by Dexter

I got Live & Reloaded. It's decent, but I'd play the 64 version over it any day, easily.

Posted by Corrupt

Ah, the only reason I really want it is because of the multiplayer and its online capabilities. I wonder, is it even worth it? A graphic remodeling would be nice, but I think that Bad Fur Day would have more charm and nostalgia as opposed to Live & Reloaded, especially in single player mode.

Posted by Dexter

Definitely. I got it for the online and it was worth it, but I eventually got used to it and started to desire the regular one again. I'd still play the original for reasons you've already mentioned. Even the multiplayer in the original has more charm and nostalgia. It's something I think you'd like to check out and you'd be happy you did, but you certainly won't like it more than the original.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Quoting Dexter: Definitely. I got it for the online and it was worth it, but I eventually got used to it and started to desire the regular one again. I'd still play the original for reasons you've already mentioned. Even the multiplayer in the original has more charm and nostalgia. It's something I think you'd like to check out and you'd be happy you did, but you certainly won't like it more than the original.

I second that notion, Dex. Playing Live & Reloaded gave me tender feelings of something or another nostalgic. And, within the next week, I went out and hunted down the original N64 predecessor. I even include this game in the library, whenever I host Multi-parties at my house. The N64 brilliance of course.

Posted by Meftah

What kinda got me away from live and reloaded was the vehicles... i was expecting more devistation forom the tank, more havoc from the mule51 or watever. i wasn't so crazy about the class system either. I mean jus gimme a grun but lemme be accessable to all weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Abendigo

lol, i loved the part when they make fun of the matrix movie

Posted by Vasioth

Conker's Bad Fur Day isn't my favourite game of all time, but its one of my favourite(s) N64 game's.

I don't know why, but I just really liked the hummor. I mean, from the Sun-Flower with the big Breast's, to the talking money or the way they humiliate certain movie's by recreating some scripts and adding it to the game.

I also laughed first time at the bit just before the "Rock guy's" Club where the music change's from Major classical... to this song that completely doesn't belong in the game. But by that, I meant not belonging, but in a good way.

Ah well. Also, Conker's Live and Reloaded is the same aside the Multiplayer levels and the Online option. Also, the Multiplayer levels are hell of a lot better in CBFD compared to C:LaR.

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting icyhotmoney: I know this isnt exactly your question, but I really dont like that game. The first of the games had an E rating. Then they completley spin the game around and make it M. not hes a booze drinking horny pimp. Its completely uncalled for. Little kids get attached to the first one, hear the second one coming out and want to buy it. but they cant because its an adult game. Its ridiculous.

What do you mean the first of the games?

There was no other Conker N64 game or for that matter ANY Conker adventure, aside from 1 Game boy colour game.

Aside form that, yeah it was a bit stupid considering his Diddy Kong Racing appearance and persona but thats Rare for ya.
Maybe that image of Berry in Rusty Bucket Bay, (7th or 8th level in Banjo-Kazooie) was a hint of some kind?
I dont know...

I still haven't really played the game properly.
I tried to play the game on xbox, but the controls were simply awful, so I decided not to continue.
I'm still happy that there are n64 games still out there for me to try and play and enjoy.
Hell, I just bought mishief makers a few days ago. :cool:

Posted by Creedence

Got a question for anyone who still ever looks at this thread, if the first Conker games were for 64 why did they switch to Xbox with Conker Live and Reloaded (I think it was the name) instead of going to gamecube? Answer me with facts not just a because they felt like it answer.

Oh and Meftah, you might have been told this before but in your Halo picture it says Metfah instead of Meftah. (just incase you didn't notice)

Posted by Corrupt

Because Rare was bought by Microsoft.

...you seriously didn't know that?

Posted by Abendigo

*looks at own avatar*

oooooh yeah!

Posted by Creedence

Nope, never played Conker or any rare games besides Banjo Kazoi, which I think was Rare but don't hold me to it.

Posted by D.J Cat

OK, back in the 90's Rare made excellent games for the SNES and then the N64.

Conker's Bad Fur Day was one of the last games they made for the N64.
Then in '02 Rare was bought by Microsoft, as such they decided to cash in with the live and reloaded.
And why wouldn't you.

They can still make GBA and DS games for Nintendo though, I don't get that...???

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting D.J Cat: OK, back in the 90's Rare made excellent games for the SNES and then the N64.

Conker's Bad Fur Day was one of the last games they made for the N64.
Then in '02 Rare was bought by Microsoft, as such they decided to cash in with the live and reloaded.
And why wouldn't you.

They can still make GBA and DS games for Nintendo though, I don't get that...???

Only the DK character games.

notice conker was taken out of DK Racing ds...

Posted by Colonel

I want it to be on the Vitual Console but not as bad as I want Donkey Kong: 64

Posted by Ch

Conker had to have had one of the best multiplayer modes ever. I played for hours on end.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

The Xbox version is much much better, but it's still a great N64 game.

Rare has one of those strange histories as a developer: Started as nothing, had a huge string of success in the late SNES to mid N64 eras began trailing off than was bought out by Microsoft: Problem being that half their staff left (which is to say their FPS staff) left to join Free Radical entertainment, taking the rights to the famous Goldeneye / Perfect Dark FPS form with them, leaving Rare shot changed to make a PD for their new masters.

My ultimate point is this: Rare had its golden-age already, it's doesn't really matter what happens to them now. Unless they can manage to take stock of their past and go back to what they do best; generic but at the same time quirky and highly addictive 3D platform games.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Conker BFD is freakin awesome, you play it and you like "what the.....HECK YES!" "BIG BOOBED SUNFLOWERS!" lol, jk, seriously tho, conker rules.

Posted by Ambellina

This was great game. The big titted flowers where halarious & the scenes with death where funny too. "Bloody cats, always ****ing on my chair"