Gwen Gwen Gwen...

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]How dare you use "The Sound of Music" 's music to make your own ****?

I was listening to "Wind it up" this morning. The song basically has the same beat as "Hollaback girl" and she uses clothes (sorta) and a part of the movie's music. A classic like that shouldn't be touched anyways. I think the beat is pretty boring.

Discuss.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Who cares what she uses? She could use the sound of someone deucing in a toilet for all I care. It doesn't affect me either way.

Posted by Raptor

You're an idiot for even giving a **** which samples she uses.

Posted by Omni

I'd never notice because I deliberately avoid listening to her songs. Oh, and Raptor's avatar is ****ing hilarious.

Posted by Sean Fury

Gwen Stefani is hot, she can do what she wants.

Except sing without No Doubt. That kinda sucks.

Posted by Trigger

This is the same woman who sings about bananas in part of her song for Christ's sake. It shouldn't be of any surprise at all that she's running out of creativity.

Posted by Philsdad

Her music is absolutely horrible, and I never plan on listening to it. So I don't really care what she does. But I am guessing you are more concerned about a classic film soundtrack being disrespected than actually caring what songs Gwen Stefani is covering. So I can see where you're coming from there. I'm not sure who owns the rights to those songs, but I know it's not old enough to be public domain, so either the composers or movie company sold it out anyway. It is disrespectful, but that's the music business for you. Better to just listen to good music than worry about bad music.

Posted by Proto Man

Hmm, well there WERE a couple of songs I liked.

I liked the No Doubt rendition of "It's My Life". Even when they did it, you could still tell the song was from the 80's.

"Rich Girl" was pretty good too I thought.

EDIT: Just listened to Wind Up. Ugh... sounds too much like Hip Hop... WHICH I HATE!

Posted by Arcadios

[quote=Proto Man]It's My Life
I despise that song.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Proto Man: Hmm, well there WERE a couple of songs I liked.

I liked the No Doubt rendition of "It's My Life". Even when they did it, you could still tell the song was from the 80's.

"Rich Girl" was pretty good too I thought.

EDIT: Just listened to Wind Up. Ugh... sounds too much like Hip Hop... WHICH I HATE!

Brand New Day, Trapped In A Box, Sad For Me, Simple King of Life, Suspension Without Suspense, Too Late, Spiderwebs, Just A Girl, Happy Now, Sixteen, Don't Speak, and Tragic Kingdom = win for No Doubt.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Arcadios: I despise that song.

Um... are you sure you aren't getting it confused with Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" ? Because that's a totally different song, and I don't like it myself.

I am talking about Talk Talk's "It's My Life", which their version is better than the No Doubt cover.

Posted by Arcadios

No, it was from No Doubt and I hated it.

Posted by Omni

There is No Doubt as to which song he meant. Bad joke, seriously, I know. Anyway, I've heard the original by Talk Talk, and even though I don't like No Doubt, it couldn't have been as bad as the "We Will Rock You" cover by Nickelback. I totally want to see them in concert and throw rocks for that one.

Posted by Hyper

I like Bon Jovi.

Posted by Trigger

Your mum is Bon Jovi.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]<3 Bon Jovi too :)[/COLOR]

Posted by nm/de

I liked No Doubts Tragic Kingdom album, but everything Gwen has done afterwards is crappy crap crap :(

Posted by CCorces1

i totally agree, its just the same song over and over and it is boring, i thought she was better than this!

Posted by Vasioth

It's not that... aside her somewhat... well, all of her sluttyness, she sucks majorly. The Lyric's in most of her song's suck and the music in most of her song's suck...

In one of the song's it sounds like she is having an orgasm big time. Probably due to the fact that it will attract pervert's and other sort of people in that category (I think the song's Dont'cha that she does it in).

Oh, and to go off topic, what about Bon Jovi =p lol