RIP Hotmail!

Posted by Proto Man

To one of the first free webmail services, our hats are off to you! You have served us well, and you will be remembered!

For those who don't know, Microsoft is going to be retiring the 10

Posted by Sean Fury

****it. So what? I don't really get it, will the interface still all be the same or will the entire system be revamped and how long do you think it will take?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Sean Fury: ****it. So what? I don't really get it, will the interface still all be the same or will the entire system be revamped and how long do you think it will take?

Much of the system is revamped. If you already have Hotmail, you can check the Windows Mail Beta out now. Of course you can't go back. The change, if you decide to do the Beta, is instantaneous. It is very much similar to Windows Live Mail Desktop (replacement to Outlook Express).

Posted by Hyper

The only way this will affect me is if it affects my Grandmother. Jesus Christ I hope it does not affect my Grandmother.

Posted by Raptor

Good riddance.

Posted by mis0

I didn't know hotmail was still around, or that anyone still used it. 10 years ago, USENET was still popular and a 56K modem was blisteringly fast. Most of us have moved on.

Posted by Sean Fury

I haven't found a reason to use any other email. Why bother changing from hotmail? I only use it for email verifications and signing up on websites.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Sean Fury: I only use it for email verifications and signing up on websites.

Yeah, that system was previously known as .NET Passport. Now it's known as Windows Live ID.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

OLD NEWS LOL. I've been using the beta for, christ, has to have been a good six to eight months now. Whenever it was first released anyways. It used to suck so much, but recently they brought out a new version and it's actually pretty cool. Not as overbearing as hotmail was visually anyways.

Posted by Arczu

I've recently started using it as well. For me, it lets me check all my e-mails WAYY faster than the old system.

I guess the effects vary.

Posted by Ant

I only use my hotmail email for when I don't want to use my main email in fear of getting spammed. :)

Posted by Trigger

Same shit, new name. Who cares?

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: OLD NEWS LOL. I've been using the beta for, christ, has to have been a good six to eight months now. Whenever it was first released anyways. It used to suck so much, but recently they brought out a new version and it's actually pretty cool. Not as overbearing as hotmail was visually anyways.

Same + agree'd