Empty Book Chapter 2

Posted by Wally The Weird

Chapter 2: Return

Sixteen years. Thats how long it has been since his return.
The wizard Vecks had been killed some years ago. Stabbed in the back, or more acuratley the gut by his best friend, and betrayed by his love. From that day, one year and one day after he was betrayed, a lingering darkness has been gathering. As if the heartless were no longer dying, but remaining.
Sixteen years the darkness has been gathering. Now, it seems to have vanished.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"CHARGE! Kill the lords of this world! Let their empire be consumed in a wave of darkness, and returned to the Sea of Chaos!" The dark warrior cried. Sathero lead an army that could very well be called a legion of heartless. Thousands and thousands of Shadows, Neo Shadows, and countless other kinds of heartless charged past him. He held out his long katana 'Tsunami' while mounted on the dark dragon Bahamut.
Over the last decade and a half, his power had grown enormously. He had managed to overthrow the entire world of Dracori, and after consuming it in shadows, aquired all of its knowledge. By this knowledge, he learned a way to merge Leviathan and Meto with Septero for good, unlocking vast stores of power he had not known even exsisted, and he know spoke with three voices. Thats was also where he aquired Bahamut, and why his sword and transformed.
The heartless washed over the city landscape that stood before the castle, and everything alive was consumed in darkness. Some died, but many were converted into heartless. The castle had erected its own defences, but the city was burned to the ground in a manner of hours. Soon, the castle alone stood like a tiny island in an ocean of black.
"Eiyuu! Old friend! Come out and face me like the hero I have so longed to kill!" The dark champion called out. Bahamut had annihalted the buildings of the city with incredible ease himself, and was now standing on the ground, waiting. "Alright then fine! Launch the large bodys!" He yelled. Several large body heartless were thrown by Bohemoth's and crashed against the castle barrier, destroying the large body, but weakening the barrier.
"Again!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside the castle

"D@mnit! That monster is going to dog us until he sees us dead!" Eiyuu spoke harshly. Beside him was Aurie, sitting quitley with a look of dread upon her face. "Where are Arcadios and-"
"-gone my lord." Aurie cut him off. "They have fled under my instruction. They at least, shall be safe if this kingdom should fall." Aurie told him. Eiyuu looked glad for a moment, before remembering the doom that waited them on his doorstep.
"Well, at least someone will." Eiyuu remarked. "Attention all personel. I'm sure I don't need to call attention the legion of heartless on our front doorstep. Prepare for a counter attack! Priests and summoners meet in the center church, infantry to the gates fully ready!" Eiyuu spoke into the intercom. A moment later he got up and started to leave.
"My lord, you do not intend to fight do you?" The page asked him. Aurie had already left. Her place was in the curch to assist the priests and summoners in their duties. She too was prepared to lay down her life for the kingdom.
"I do indeed. Prepare my mount! If that three-faced b@astard wants a fight, then I can assure you, he is going to die this day by my hand!" Eiyuu said, leaving his throne and going to the highest room of the tallest tower.
What met him was a white horse with golden wings, and silver armor. This was Orion, the greatest mount to gallop or fly under the light since the very first days after creation. Eiyuu was armored in nothing except his normal attire of clothing. He mounted Orion and took the reigns with his left hand, and in his right, he summoned the keyblade of light.
"Let battle be joined!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside again

Suddenly, the barrier weakened to the point where it was almost invisible! Then, without anything else as warning, it turned into what appeared to be a solid gold light that expanded out until it was gone! Almost all the shadows had been destroyed, and some of the weaker heartless as well.
Next came a bright, blue-white light from the center of the castle. It punctured a hole in the sky that quickley transformed into a mighty vortex! From the hole in space-time, several summonings, like Ifrit and Shiva, came forth to do battle with the larger heartless. Then the gates fell, and an impressive army of soldiers and warriors of all kinds came out to fight the heartless that remained.
"Impressive start, but a pathetic finish! Bahamut! Slay these mortals who would oppose us!" Sathero commanded the dragon. Bahamut snorted, and then shot off into the air at blazing speed. Sathero held tight as the dragon dived back down, and unleashed several blasts of red fire balls onto the warriors. Each one exploded on impact, covering a large portion of the soldiers in fire! However, they emerged unharmed, and continued to fight off the heartless!
"I see, a protection spell on them! Well, I very much doubt they'll last another volley! Bahamut, again!" The champion commanded while still flying high.
"Not so fast fugly!" Eiyuu yelled out! Charging past Sathero atop Orion with blinding speed, he looked like a shooting star! On his way past, he drew his keyblade and managed to deliver a small wound to his oponnents side.
"D@mn, I didn't expect you to fight me until AFTER I took the freaking castle." Holding his hand to his side, Sathero mended his wound with only slight difficulty. "No matter! Bahumut, devour the keyblader!" Bahamut turned and faced Eiyuu. The mighty dragon king took a deep breath of air, and then charged for Orion at high speed. Holding his blade out like a lance, Sathero was prepared to kill Eiyuu in only a moment.
"Orion, now!" Eiyuu commanded. Orion glew like the sun for a moment, and then vanished. A small ball of golden light shot from where he once was, and struck Bahamut dead on! The light flashed for a moment, and then Sathero and Eiyuu bagan to fall.
"Mutual banishment?! Thats it Eiyuu, I was going to kill you, but now I think I'll torture you for a few years before I finally let you die!" Sathero yelled to Eiyuu as they both fell and fell and fell. Eiyuu responded with a rude hand gesture.
Eiyuu and Sathero hit the ground at the same time, and a moment later clashed blades again. The sparks from their blades were so great, that they could be seen for miles and miles. The sound of the clash was so loud, they sounded like thunder. Their battle was so intense even, that they failed to notice the figure that had approached them some time ago.
"Fireball." The figure in black said cooly. Lobbing an orb of white light at the pair, it exploded in a mostly concussive blast seperating the two and only giving them slight burns. The figure in black laughed a twisted, double voiced laugh as the two got up to meet the challenger. They saw only an figure that was either male or female in an orginization coat.
"Who the he!! are you? Can't you see I'm a little bit bussey killing him at the moment?!" Sathero commanded. He and Eiyuu were both tired and wounded. The figure didn't speak, but instead snapped its fingers. Several balls of black appeared and then vanished, leaving behind a large number of Nobodies surrounding the duo. They could easily take them out, but it would take time, and so they served as a very useful barrier. Satheo raised his hand, and then a look of terror filled him. He had tried to banish the nobodies, but it didn't work! His magic had been sealed!
"What do you want?" Eiyuu asked calmly. Again, the figure did not speak, but again snapped its fingers. Another gate appeared, and when it was gone, Aurie was now standing next to Eiyuu.
"W-whats going on?! Eiyuu?" Aurie asked, very confused.
"Aurie, how is the battle going?" Eiyuu asked. At this point, he may as well, it did not seem that he was going to be leaving this spot any time soon.
"Fine, I guess. The heartless just vanished all at once not a few minutes ago!" Aurie said. Eiyuu looked at her wide-eyed, and then Sathero yelled 'what?'.
"My doing." The figure said in two voices. "I banished them, and then I sealed your magic dark warrior. I don't need them to interfere anymore." The figure spoke with two calm voices, like he was telling some stranger the time.
"Who are you?" Eiyuu asked again. The veil of shadows covering the figure dissapaited somewhat, revealing a mouth that smirked at the question before moving with an answer of its own.
"Long time no see Eiyuu." The figure said in a single voice this time. Instantly, Eiyuu, Aurie, and even Sathero recognized it. The robe seperated by magic and its entierty formed two great, enourmous wings of black in the shape of a dragons. They were attatched to a figure with a black vest and blue jeans and no shirt. His attire basically screamed 'punk' but it was much more then that. His hair was past his waist and golden in color.
"Vecks!?" Eiyuu and Aurie both gaped in unison.
"Yeah. Seems that keyblade you ran into my gut didn't quite do the job on either of us!" Vecks actually chuckled these words. Aurie looked over to Eiyuu, a look of uncertainty on her face, while Eiyuu spoke again.
"Both?" He asked.
Vecks smiled and then chuckled again. A phantom image overlapped him and then sperated from him. It was that of a beautiful woman. Again, all those present recognized her in a moment.
"RYTH!" Sathero this time. "I thought I'd seen the last of the hellb!tch." He remarked. The phantom image laughed an evil cackle that was loud and piercing before returning to Vecks, who was still smiling.
"Bet you're all surprised to see me, as I am you. I honestly didn't think you had it in you Eiyuu, to run an entire kingdom. Did you stab the former in the gut as well, or was that a one time thing Eiyuu?" Again, Vecks cackled like some this was all some sick joke! Not wasting his moment, Eiyuu leaped for Vecks who was floating a good ten feet in the air, and slashed at him with his keyblade!
Vecks cought it.
"Ah yes, the keyblade. Something that even I should very well fear, it might be able to kill me!" Vecks spoke seriously this time. Revealing the level of his demon-enhanced strength, he squeesed for a split second, and then snapped the keyblade in half while pushing Eiyuu aside. Eiyuu crashed with a thud.
"Eiyuu! You hate me, and I REALLY hate you, but lets face it, we're out-matched here." Satheo said, helping Eiyuu up. "Unlock my magic! Together, we might be able to beat him!" Sathero pleaded. Eiyuu locked eyes with him.
"Do you really think I'll do that? If I unlock you magic, you'll probably just turn on me once he's dead."
"Good point, but if you don't unlock my powers and we manage to kill him, they'll be unlocked the moment he's dead, so then I WILL turn on you then! At least this way, you have my word that I will not attack you!" Sathero reasoned. Eiyuu thought about it for a moment, and then looked to Aurie, who was still sitting, looking like she was a zombie.
"Ok." Eiyuu said. Eiyuu summoned his renewed keyblade. Raising his keyblade, a beam of light struck Sathero, followed by a 'click'.
"OH YEAH!" Sathero said as his magic returned. Vecks looked at him with a look of apathy on his face. Both Sathero and Eiyuu leaped for Vecks with blades drawn, and both unleashed a powerful downward swing in the form of a metal X. There was a flash of light and sparks, and clatter of metal hitting metal. Both blades had been blocked!
By another keyblade!
"If you should fear something, then you should also wield it!" Vecks spoke. He held in his hands, a keyblade, the soul eater! He blocked both blades with one arm! He then forced the duo off of him. "Normally, I can't weild a keyblade. I really don't know why though. So I found seven hearts of light, and stole them!" Vecks raised his hand, and seven orbs of light appeared in his palm, which he then closed. "Now, I can wield this thing for my own benefit!" Vecks laughed and laughed.
"Later!" Sathero said. A moment later, he melted into his shadow and vanished. Eiyuu looked at the spot where he had gone and then beat his hands upon it.
"D@MN YOU SATHEO! WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU-" Suddenly he stopped, and looked at Vecks, who was decending. Eiyuu stood up.
"How does it feel, oh mighty king, to be betrayed?" He said these words, and then plunged his blade into Eiyuu's stomach. Eiyuu coughed up blood, and dropped his own keyblade.
"Hurts, dosn't it?" Vecks asked, before forcing his keyblade out, and then with a single word, set Eiyuu ablaze. Eiyuu yelled and screamed and tossed and turned and twitched for a time, before he fell to the ground, and stopped moving altogether.
"And now-" Vecks began, raising his keyblade, when he locked eyes with Aurie, who had been this whole time, paralysed in a combination of fear and disbelief. Vecks tried, but could not cut down the young woman in front of her. Finally, he lowered his keyblade, and vanished from sight.
The nobodies came. They came like a flood of nothingess, and washed over the kingdom. Every living thing was killed, and the castle was burned to the ground. The only remains that could be identified for certain, were that of a young white mage, laying out in the fields, untouched by nobody or heartless. She had felled herseld on her own blade.

Posted by Arcadios

...the fuck?
O_o;

What?

Posted by Arcadios

Good.

Good.

Ok I think you lost me here.

Posted by Arcadios

The chapter.
It was good.
Little corny on the talk thou.

You under estimate me!
Wish I could stop it from going long ways on me though.

Posted by Arcadios

Heh, I;m just waiting for Nexy to get the 4th chapter of our series in.
:(