fav xbox games

Posted by muffla

i will be getting an xbox 360 for my birthday next week what games do you suggest, i like first and third person shooters so i will probly get gow and saints row but i dno what else

Posted by Dexter

For FPS games, get Call of Duty 3 and for RPG games, go with Oblivion. Those are my two favorites.

Posted by Zeta

Psychonauts. One of the best ******* platformers I've ever played. It's one of those genius games that slipped under the radar, like beyond good and evil.

Although I don't know if it would work, since the 360 isn't backwards-compatible with all games...

Posted by Dexter

I think he's looking for 360 games to go along with his new system.

Posted by Zeta

Well, the thread title said "XBox", so I assumed XBox games would be acceptable... >_>;

Posted by Dexter

Nope. Saint's Row and Gears of War are both 360 games. He's definitely looking towards that direction.

Posted by muffla

i dont care if they are xbox as long as they work on the 360

thx for the hlep so far

Posted by TheSorrow

what games do you perfer like fps or rpgs?

Posted by muffla

i like just about anything be it gears of war halo sims burnout amped fusion frenzy mario etc.

Posted by Last Fog

Gears of War, Call of Duty 2, Dead Rising, Geometry Wars, Marble Blast Ultra

Posted by s0ul

Just get a bunch of copies of Dead Rising.

Just kidding, GoW is also good.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ninja Gaiden Black. Sure it's not a 360 game, but it's better than all of them.

Posted by Shade

Jade Empire and Halo 2.

Posted by Last Fog

Let me emphasize that geometry wars is the best five dollars you will ever spend. I've honestly been addicted to this **** for months. It's better than most games worth $60.

Posted by muffla

i got geometry wars and love it marble blast is sweet

gow was great but i still need to get used to the online

borrowed ninja gaiden black from a friend and need to buy it

thx for the help

P.S. my spelling might be wose than usual cuz its 2:30 in the morning and i cant sleep.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Soul Calibur II is an amazing fighting game and is for the original X box and just recently made it to the 360's backwards compatibly list. Plus, you can get it for like 10 bucks or even cheaper… It has beautiful graphics, tons of unlockables like characters, weapons, and art and simply just a fun game to play with friends

Here is the offical list from X box' s site telling you the list of original x box games you can now play on the 360, I assume they will keep adding more and more each month so bookmark it and check back.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Gears of War is a must own for the 360 (two new free maps on marketplace and new guns coming out soon), right next to Oblivion. Oblivion has a lot of nice downloads to it so if you love the game you can even dl more stuff to it, pick up the Feb. issue of OXM (Official X box mag.) for two of it's downloads for free! (Wizards Tower and Thieves Den) I have 100+ hours of game play on this amazing rpg and I still don’t have everything complete. Plus the shivering isles expansion is coming to it and supposedly adds 25+ more hours. If you choose to get Oblivion I suggest getting the strategy guide with it, it’s the size of an encyclopedia but very very helpful, especially if you are not to familiar with this type of rpg /other elder scroll games, example Morrowind for the X box.

Project Gotham Racing 3 is an excellent racing game if you like more of a realistic racing game than an arcade type racing game. It was a lunch title alongside when the system came out so you can find it for 30 bucks brand new!! If you want an extremely realistic racing game wait for Forza MotoSports 2, some movies are up on the live marketplace to dl and watch for free.

Dead Rising is also an excellent game, if you’re a fan of anything horror/zombies/more zombies/and tons of killing, get it.

A cool arcade game is Small Arms, kinda has a super smash bros. feel to it, the 10 dollar price tag might scare some people off so at least download the free trial. (the free trail will even give you a free gamerpic to customize your profile with)

Posted by hypnotize_

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, but get some Tom Clancy games. If you only want one, then get Rainbow Six: Vegas, but I also liked Ghost Recon's and Splinter Cell's single player. Rainbow Six is really the only game out of these three with a solid multiplayer.

Posted by Last Fog

YAAAWWWNN

Tom Clancey games bore the hell out of me. I played GRAW for a little while but it quickly got old. Double Agent was almost painful to complete but I somehow finished it. And now I have Rainbow and it also doesn't impress. When will I learn my lesson.

Posted by WackoHater2

I dunno whether you like racing games or not, but if so, try Need for Speed: Most Wanted. The 360 version.

Quoted post: When will I learn my lesson.

When you get better taste in games and realise Rainbow is awesome.

Posted by Creedence

Hey I know you asked this question a long time a go, but just in case you didn't get a 360 yet make sure you get the one with the hard-drive. Otherwise you can't play Xbox games because they run off an emulator.

Also the games I suggest are:Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Lost Planet Extreme Condition, Gears of War, and The Outfit.

GRAW is a terrible suggestion since GRAW2 is coming out in a few weeks.

Posted by Last Fog

And The Outfit is a terrible suggestion since it blows.

Oh yeah, that didn't even register the game is so terrible.