Red Steel 2?

Posted by Drewboy64

http://ubisoft.profils.org/recrutement/ConsultDoss/Annonce.asp?NoDossier=1073

Translation:
The Studio of Production of Paris seeks Game designer tested for the continuation of the Redsteel project. You will assist the Person in charge Game design for the project: in the management of ergonomics in the design of the menus in the drafting of the documents game system in the work of balancing of the difficulty in the prototypes with the realizer and the lead-level Designer. and you will have in load the design and the follow-up of at least a key feature of the project.

Also, apparently this will have online.
If they do make a sequel, they better improve the controls, of course.

Posted by Dexter

We saw this one coming. Glad to hear it. I can't play Red Steel without imagining a sequel that improves on the various disappointments I've encountered. Multiplayer needs some serious work. Even if it were to go online, that wouldn't be enough.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

oh, why. first one was such a letdown

Posted by Bebop

Because it sold well and they can approve? I dont know Im just throwing it out. Im just throwing it out here.

Posted by Dexter

They sound like two valid reasons to me. Red Steel wasn’t bad to the point that it couldn't get a sequel. It's one of those games that people are generally aware that it could use improvements and therefore will give the sequel a chance even if they didn't essentially enjoy the first. There are many people out there who really do enjoy the game, too. I, for one, have been enjoying the game, but it's still not a game I would suggest to people without hesitation.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

If this one has a ****ing white outline around the characters... *******it.

Posted by Dexter

White outline? I never even noticed. Is that how I seem to hit them when I appear to miss?

Posted by Speedfreak

Even though it was a let down, they did get a heck of a lot right with this title. Everything that I've seen from the game looks like an extremely cool movie-like shoot-out game with some dodgy controls, buggy AI and passable graphics. Controls can be tightened, bugs can be fixed, the system can be exploited. Bring it on.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I agree that it was, hell, I don't know, somewhat fun, but the controls were so dodgy tat I just didn't like them. I'm through the game, but it wasn't really pleasent for me to play. Hopefully there will be improvements made on the second one, then.

Posted by TendoAddict

So I guess this res steel was just practice then?

Quoted post: White outline? I never even noticed. Is that how I seem to hit them when I appear to miss?

It's what gives the characters a cardboard-like, paper cut-out appearance. First thing I harped on back in they day and they STILL didn't fix it. ****, it ****es me off. It's so **** dumb and distracting.

Quoting Speedfreak: Even though it was a let down, they did make a pretty polished beta. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FINAL BUILD LOL

fix'd

Posted by Dexter

Now I'm comparing this to Gears of War. Gears of War could use some improvements for its sequel, but not as much as Red Steel could use them. Red Steel needs to change quite a bit whereas Gears of War only needs some minor changes.

Posted by Drewboy64

Ubisoft had better stop being stubborn and change the controls; that's the one thing that stopped me from buying it. In fact, contrary to what most people say, I think I liked Multiplayer's controls better than singleplayers. Most people say it's worse because the screensize is smaller.

Posted by Dexter

I sucked at multplayer. I just ran around shooting kinda frantically hoping to get off a few decent shots. At first I was actually trying to take the time to aim, but it was just too difficult. I should give it some more time, but I doubt it'll get much better.

Posted by Drewboy64

I sucked too, but my brother seemed to be getting headshots in no time. We both agree the turning is slow though.

Posted by Dexter

Was your brother actually good with the controls or just better than you or lucky? You might also be the type of player to stand still, whereas everyone I play the game with knows that they have to constantly be running around to dodge my shots.

Quoted post: We both agree the turning is slow though.

When it takes you several seconds to turn completely around, yeah, it's definitely slow. Even a FPS on the 360 is way faster than that.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Dexter: Was your brother actually good with the controls or just better than you or lucky? You might also be the type of player to stand still, whereas everyone I play the game with knows that they have to constantly be running around to dodge my shots.

I guess he's just better, and doesn't panic as much when he's shooting at someone.

Posted by Dexter

I don't know if this game would be able to improve much. I see it improving as much as the 007 games.

Posted by Kit

Oddly enough, the turn speed seemed to be the same as Timesplitters, if I held the Wiimote to whatever side I wanted to turn. If I put it right on the edge of the screen it turned 180 degrees in half a second. If possible, turn the sensitivity up if you hate the turning.

Posted by Dexter

Turning was slow, but it didn't bother me much because bad guys rarely ended up getting behind me.

Posted by Drewboy64

Controls should be more like COD3. After playing my friend's Red Steel for a bit I got used to it, but COD3's controls feel so smooth and great. They only need tiny improvements.