Easiest final boss in an RPG?

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

What final boss or bosses disappointed you because they were so easy? Mine was the final boss of Grandia II, whose name I forgot... that stupid butterfly. Easiest final boss in any game I've played. A final boss should be disproportionately difficult, if anything.

Posted by Zeta

Kefka in FF6. And yet the lack of difficulty doesn't tarnish his awesomeness.

Posted by Sean Fury

The last fight against Sephiroth in FFVII. I mean, come on, OMNISLASH OMNISLASH OMNISLASH. =D

Posted by segashadow128gcn

i dont know. but i do know that the final fight in tales of symphonia was not the hardist one in the game. by far.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Sean Fury: The last fight against Sephiroth in FFVII. I mean, come on, OMNISLASH OMNISLASH OMNISLASH. =D

Doesn't count because its pretty much the only thing you can select and you do one move and he dies. Sucked

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I guess it would be the one in Mario RPG.

If I had a lot of "pick me up"s, I could beat smithy the first time around.[/COLOR]

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Oh, there are easier final bosses than the guy in Grandia II, but I'll explain why I chose him: because almost every other boss in the game was tougher than him. There were a few bosses who I had REALLY hard times with, and realistically, you expect the final boss to be the worst. I've played easy games with easy final bosses, and it wasn't really disappointing to have an easy final boss because it was expected. But having a stupidly easy final boss in GII was like being cheated on by a virgin. At least with the slut, you halfway expect it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Battling your Aeons and Yu Yevon in FFX. Auto life loses.

Also, Jon Irenicus in Baldur's Gate II. He's an extremely powerful mage, but he hardly puts up a fight.

Posted by Sephiroth13

How about "Altima" ( mistranslation) in FF Tactics, especially after u go thru Deep Dungeon.

Posted by S

[COLOR="DimGray"][/COLOR]Altima was hard for me my first time through. I died quite a bit, so to me it really wasn't disappointing.

I'd have to say the most disappointing boss fight would have to be: Valkyrie Profile's B Ending, and Seraphic Gate. Not so much the story itself, the story itself was great (Except B ending.), but the fights were pretty one sided. There's nothing worse than
*Spoiler*hearing the final boss saying: "This can't be! Evil wins?! I won't... I won't accept this!" and then the game ending abruptly after that. In Seraphic gate, sure the bosses one shotted me no matter what but they never used AoE's so no more than one died a round. Add in Guts to the mix and it was just pathetic. However, I must say that the final boss in A ending, Bloodbane, was an epic fight, especially since I was only Lv20. Fenrir, not so much, but Bloodbane was horrific.

Posted by Orlandu

The 2 battles right before Altima were much harder than Altima. I dont recall the boss name, but, the Lucavi you face right before Altima on the ship is pretty tough, even if u do have Worker 8 (immune to magic), Beowulf, and Orlandu on ur side. Then Altima just kinda lays over.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Orlandu: The 2 battles right before Altima were much harder than Altima. I dont recall the boss name, but, the Lucavi you face right before Altima on the ship is pretty tough, even if u do have Worker 8 (immune to magic), Beowulf, and Orlandu on ur side. Then Altima just kinda lays over.

The Lucavi right before Altima is Hashmalum, I believe, which is formed out of Vormav. I don't remember who you fight just before that. Either Kleitan or Balk. The Balk fight was tough, thanks the large ravine.

Also, I didn't go through the Deep Dungeon my first time through, just as most people I know did not. When you are prompted to go to Orbonne Monestary to enter the final series of battles, most players just go there after stocking up and adjusting their formation. I didn't know it was the last set of battles in the game; if I had known, I probably would've gone to master a few more jobs first, or maybe do a few propositions or something. I just figured it was another fight, like the rest.

However, the absolute easiest final boss in an RPG is most certainly "Dark King" from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. He's undead, so if you have your character (the main guy) use the spell "Cure" on him, it will almost always kill him in one hit, dealing tens of thousands of points damage. Even if you fight him in a straight fight without using Cure, he's still really easy, as is the rest of the game.

[quote]The last fight against Sephiroth in FFVII. I mean, come on, OMNISLASH OMNISLASH OMNISLASH

I wouldn't call that a fight. I'd call that a cinematic sequence where they were nice enough to let you choose what Cloud will do. If you can't lose, I don't know... Can you lose that fight? If you never use Omnislash will Sephiroth attack you? I had always figured that 'fight' took place in Cloud's head. I figured it was showing the gamer that Cloud had finally overcome all the junk that had been troubling him.

Posted by WackoHater2

If Bully counts as an RPG, then the fight with Gary at the end was unbelievably easy for a final fight. Other than that, I dunno.

Posted by Orlandu

Quoting Sean Fury: The last fight against Sephiroth in FFVII. I mean, come on, OMNISLASH OMNISLASH OMNISLASH. =D

Come on, thats not even a battle. It's more symbolic than anything.

Posted by junior senior

Giovanni in Pokemon Red.

Posted by Shade

The Emporer in FF2.

"ULTIMA ULTIMA" Dead. I mean, come one. A mere 15k health?

Posted by Zeta

Blood Sword > Ultima

I take back what I said about Kefka being easiest. For some reason I assumed the average party would have max HP/MP and all the magic learned, as well as have some Economizers and the Gem Box and stuff. Plus I completely forgot those things you fight before you actually get up to him.

No clue who the easiest is, then. :cookie:

Posted by Shade

Easy, Emporer.

Posted by Zeta

Nah, see, now I'm trying to think of which is easiest w/o having an overpowered party and optional uber stuff.

Posted by Shade

Hehe, level 16 Ultima ftw. =D

Posted by Creedence

Sephiroth was susposed to be easy. You just now fought the hard one with the 10 minute long summon. (which bored me out of my mind) The main reason you fought him the last time was so you could see the awesomeness of omnislash if you didnt get it at the Golden Tree battle arena. I can't remember wat the golden tree was called but you know what I'm talking about.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Uhh, Gold Saucer.

Posted by Mefossa

Final fantay X's final boss Yu Yevon. It's so easy beating someone when you are invincible.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

Quoting segashadow128gcn: i dont know. but i do know that the final fight in 'tales of symphonia'was not the hardist one in the game. by far.

I know, mithos was so easy, and his second form was even easier than the first, and ganon in zelda 64 was obnoxisly easy.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Shade32: The Emporer in FF2.

"ULTIMA ULTIMA" Dead. I mean, come one. A mere 15k health?

You know, in the original Final Fantasy for the NES, the final boss (Chaos) had only 2000 HP. If you fought him at a decent level, your melee guys could do around 400-600 damage per turn. The only problem is that Chaos was wildly unpredictable. He might use some weak pointless move, or he might kill your whole party in one turn. He didn't have a lot of HP, and if you were lucky, you'd take him out in just a few turns, but there is also a chance that you wouldn't even hit him once before he killed you

FF1's battle system was kinda screwy. You'd encounter 2 of the same enemy, and cast ICE3 on them, and it would do 84 damage to one of them, and 350 to the other. I know that those amounts seem somewhat negligible in the spectrum of other games with enemies who have tens of thousands of HP, but considering that when you complete the game, you probably have only 500 HP, it makes a huge difference. While it sucked in many ways, it did make the game more challenging. You know, that stuff and all the other stuff they fixed by the time FFII came out for the SNES.

I still maintain that "Dark King" from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is the easiest. Seriously, if you ever get the chance, play that game and when you get to Dark King, cast "Cure" on him.

Posted by keyartist

sethiroth in FF7, if you have ominslash its a one hit kill

Posted by Cloud 9

I would have to say the Dark king from Mystic Quest for sure. Although The boss at the end of Lord of the Rings: The Third Age was pretty boring. Sephiroth was easy for me and seemed disappointing but, looking back, I could see how he could be troublsome.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Wild ARMs 3: The final boss was really easy, it just had TOO many forms.

Posted by Klarth

A few:

Chrono Cross - Time Devourer (without doing the colour sequence crap. Otherwise it's rock-hard)
Chrono Trigger - Lavos (the boss is a ****ing BIT.)
Xenogears - Urobolus (unless you ****ed up on the Deus fight)

Posted by Grave Wisdom

FF6: Kefka was a pussy. The whole thing was like Ultima Ultima Cure Ultima Ultima Cure Ultima You Win.

Posted by Arcadios

Yu Yevon

Posted by Nazo

Final Fantasy X's Yu Yevon for sure. You have Auto Life the entire time! The way they spoke of him in the game made him sound all godlike and stuff. He was a friggen wus!

Posted by maian

I killed Kefka in six hits :(

Posted by Zeta

I killed him in one attack. :cookie:

Doesn't detract from his greatness.

Posted by Slayde

I say Jecht in ff10. I summoned Anima...one hit kill :)

Posted by Poco

Phantasy IV: The final form of the Profound Darkness. Played it recently, and his second form could wipe your party in a single hit, while the final form was slow, had low defense, and barely attacked. Sure, it had Megid, but the way PD used it, it was useless. The only thing that made the fight tedious was the high amount of HP he had (13,000 vs. 5000 from the other, recent bosses.)