A new Killer Instinct for Xbox360?

Posted by sabre2922

For those of you not familiar with (or to young to remember) Killer Instinct it was an arcade fighter released back in early '95 that was made by the then-nintendo-owned RARE and was eventually ported over to both the SNES-Killer Instinct 1 and then N64 in the form of Killer Instinct GOLD or KI2 arcade.

What the videogameworld/ Xbox360 needs now is KILLER INSTINCT

Sure some gamers complain about the so-called "dial-a-combo" fighting system but this is one FUN fighting game and that is a fact that many gamers have forgotten about ; that videogames are supposed to be FUN an escape from the harsh and cold realities of everyday life.

The original KI was developed by Rare for Nintendo back in 94-95 when RAREware was a second party developer for Nintendo to show of the supposed capabilities of Nintendos upcoming Ultra64 system but unfortunately the actual console -changed to N64 before its release-was FAAAAAR LESS POWERFUL than the impressive yet pumped up actual Ultra64 arcade hardware and its actual power was held back by the limited cartridge format (no matter what many Nintendophiles would like to have you believe ).

The same RARE that made many classic games on NES (Battletoads) SNES (Donkey Kong Country games) and of course the infamous Goldeneye for Nintendos cartridge-challenged N64 system.

Now with RARE being wholly owned by Microsoft and in full swing with the new Xbox360 it is the perfect time for a KI 3 or at LEAST a complilation disk of the original KI arcade game and its sequel or even a REmake of Killer Instinct 1.
Sorry KI fans but both versions on the 16-bit SNES and KI gold on N64 just didnt cut it when compared to the awesome arcade originals.

There have been rumors of a new KI being developed by RARE ever since Microsofts purchase and in a recent rare interview with RARE at IGN they hinted that there could very well be a KI in the works for the 360.

Although many of the original programmers and artists that created the original KI and such masterpieces as Goldeneye have left RARE I believe that RARE could create a new Killer Instinct for the very powerful 360 that would be a great new (for many gamers anyway) popular EXCLUSIVE IP property to compete with Sony and their PS3 in the fighting genre on the next gen consoles.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Didn't read any of that. but it's a moronic idea. Not only do the original games suck, but it's a fact that any attempt at a revival will also suck, if not be worse.

Posted by Skitzo Control

No way, Vampiro, Killer Instinct was a great button-masher combo-crazy 2D fighter that I would love to see rock the 360.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

holy heck yes. i am down with that.

i will give you that the nintendo 64 Killer Instinct was no good.

but i loved, just absolutly loved the snes one. i thought it was a great fighter.

i will totally buy that game. no matter what. seriously

Posted by Last Fog

I doubt they'll ever make a new one, but lets hope the original is brought to the live arcade like street fighter and MK3. I'd pay ten bucks to play it again over live in a heartbeat.

Posted by ProjectGotham29

It would be a dream come true if a new Killer Instinct came out for 360. The one for super nintendo was the best game ever!

Posted by Degeneration

Y'know how Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and King of Fighters all became mediocre as soon as they went 3D? Well, I have a feeling that this wouldn't be any different. I say no to a sequel unless the game were to stick to its roots, and the chances of that happening in this "HD era" are slim.

Of course, they'd have to be insane not to bring the original to Live Arcade.