48 gamers

Posted by crelda

A couple of my mates are playing ocarina of time for 48 hours streight!!!!!!
check out there live cam here http://wifi-buddies.com/index.php?wifi=webcam
Its some funny stuff.
Hopefully they will get drunk so that could be fun!!!!

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting crelda: A couple of my mates are playing ocarina of time for 48 hours streight!!!!!!
check out there live cam here http://wifi-buddies.com/index.php?wifi=webcam
Its some funny stuff.
Hopefully they will get drunk so that could be fun!!!!

They must suck if it takes them 48 straight hours to beat the game.

Posted by crelda

no!
they are going to try for 100%
and see who can do it first
the one on master quest is winning!

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting crelda: no!
they are going to try for 100%
and see who can do it first
the one on master quest is winning!

Beat Zelda OoT at 100%? By which you mean collect every heart piece and skulltula and etc.? There isn't that many sidequests in OoT. Even than, it's been done to death, OoT has been out for quite some time now.

Posted by crelda

I didnt pick the time though, so ask them.

Posted by Ant

The boredom would set in at about 5 hours for me personally.

Posted by crelda

Quoting Ant: The boredom would set in at about 5 hours for me personally.

17 hours and still going strong!
There both on the shadow temple.
Its good cus theres chat!

Posted by Fate

Main quest: 6 hours
Side quests: About 3 hours

That's my personal record. 17 hours and only into the Shadow Temple? Lamesauce.
:(

Posted by muffla

I agree with ant even if its the best game ever i wouldent be able to play it for more than mayb 3 or 4

Posted by Vasioth

I don't know how they could cope with that much gameplay time. I can only manage 1-2 hours before the boredom kicks into me if the game isn't that great.

And personally, someone has conquered Zelda 100% in an extremly fast time. I can't remember what the time was, but there was a video on a site called nintendodiscussion which had maybe around an hour and a half worth of gameplay-time if taking out the Cinemetics.

And they have to suck extremly aswell to only get to the shadow temple in 13 hours. It only took me 3 and a half hours to get there (Still a longtime to a lot of people, but meh).

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Don't kids have a life anymore?

Posted by Sean Fury

Best record I could find, 4 hours and 57 minutes.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/OcarinaOfTime.html

Huge *** file too.

Posted by crelda

The first one was a sucess on our standards so we might be doing another one with for swords. We'd probably only go for 24 hours and if we complete it before then we will probably do some shadow battles... and for the fact you wouldnt be able to to see our GBAs... well its just tough luck you will just have to watch the little links on the screen and try to figure out what were doing!
So ill post that here when we know when its gonna happen.

Edit:
Came earlier than we thought. Though in short notice.
We will begin 4 Sword at friday the 26th 7:30(GMT) if all goes well.
So check it out. http://wifi-buddies.com/index.php?wifi=48webcam
I know ill have a good time.

Posted by crelda

Came earlier than we thought. Though in short notice.
We will begin 4 Sword at 7:30(GMT) if all goes well.
So check it out. http://wifi-buddies.com/index.php?wifi=48webcam
I know ill have a good time.

Posted by avalanch

two noobs competing over a forty eight hour time frame to see who can get 100 percent items?

This reminds me of a bet I made with someone in jobcorps. The person I met was a hardcore final fantasy fan going on about how great final fantasy tactics was.

He knew nothing about the zelda series according to him, so I challenged him to beat majoras mask within 2 days, or 48 hours, collecting all the masks, heart pieces, every item, everything... Well his roommate was helping him out with a magazine and he wound up finishing with about 4 quests undone, the game beaten & 7 pieces of heart still not found. He asked if he could have the system & game, so I traded him that for his collection of 6000 plus magic (magic the gathering) cards...

Posted by Skitzo Control

To hell with Pretty Hate Machine!:-P

Come on, 48 hours? Just travelling through the game and doing it as fast as I can, I can get 100% completion in under 8.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Angelwing: Don't kids have a life anymore?

No.

Anyway, I've never cared to rush through any game as quickly as possible. Speed runs can be interesting, but I prefer to take my time and savor my game-playing experiences, especially when it comes to adventure games and RPG's. "Stop and smell the roses" applies to good games, as well. And your friends are idiots for leaving their N64's running for 48 straight hours.

Posted by D.J Cat

Absolutely Raptor.

I hate rushing through games, especially masterpieces like this, and games like Skies of Arcadia, Metroid Prime/2, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door.
I always have to "smell the flowers/coffee" throughout the whole game, i wouldn't have it any other way.

I leave speedness for games like Diddy Kong Racing. :cool:

Also @ those guys. Good stuff, who cares if it was no super-record, it was probably for the fun of it, and i'm sure it would have been entertaining.
Why go at them for that??? :(