Sony have done it again!

Posted by Speedfreak

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/748/748610p1.html

GT HD has been cancelled. GT Mobile is still AWOL.

lol sony etc

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

wow i love how ps3's graphics look the same as 360's when they said it was going to be much better then it even though if it was i still knew 360 was gonna pwn the ps3 because graphics dont mean everything now the 360 does really pwnage it

Posted by TendoAddict

Uh, how is this bad per say?

We all hated the download idea and now its just a basic game.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's not canceled. It's still there, but rather being released as a download through the PS store. For free. I don't see the problem.

Posted by Speedfreak

A "version" of it called Concept is now available though the Japanese store. Online multiplayer has been scrapped.

Totally should've read the whole article, though :(

Scrapping online makes sense. It's free and they want to save it for GT5.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Sony are ruined!?[/COLOR]

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Hooray! sony wastes more development time and money and pisses off fans who thought they'd be playing a new gran turismo in one month instead of 6 to 18!

New? It was never new.

Posted by Fate

While this sucks for the majority of GT fans, maybe it would be better saved for a future game built from the ground up.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Sony are ruined!?[/COLOR]

"I see a vacant seat in the poor chimney-corner, and a crutch without an owner, carefully preserved. If these shadows remain unaltered by the Future, the child will die."

Posted by Pit

Quoting Proto Man: "I see an empty chair, a crutch without an owner. If these shadows. remain unchanged the child will die."

Shut up, gay.

Posted by Vasioth

I don't see why people get worked up over it so much anyway... I mean the game itself isn't even that great and there can't be much to be changed. And to the Graphics thing, What the hell does this have to do with a 360?

Maybe I should shut up and buy a GT game though, I've not owned one in possesion since the PS1 days. And the Download thing was just... completely unexpected. I can't say "Yippie" though, the UK wouldn't get anything like that, just for awhile anyhow.

Quoted post: I don't see why people get worked up over it so much anyway... I mean the game itself isn't even that great and there can't be much to be changed.

What's up, Madden, one of the biggest, if not the biggest, gaming franchises ever?

Posted by higbvuyb

Even at 1920 x 1080, GT:HD didn't look as good as PGR3 at 1280 x 720 anyway.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

this is why im not getting a ps3....not many game selection execept for resistance fall of man.....and ugh...the price

Posted by mis0

Had I a PS3, I'd actually be in approval of that move. I'd rather have a full-fledged GT5 than a multiple download version.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]What's up, Madden, one of the biggest, if not the biggest, gaming franchises ever?

Windows, monopoly etc.

Posted by Shade

Big deal.

Posted by Lord of Spam

As someone who has played and beaten the ever living **** out of every GT game so far, I gotta say... this is awesome news. The wait doesnt bother me, since itll be YEARS (if ever) before i get a ps3 anyway. Its worth it to have a decent game that doesnt cost 600 bux.

Posted by Axis

I just watched the 1080P video of GT HD on Hong Kong marketplace... it looked pretty bad. It's best that they do this.

Quoted post: Windows, monopoly etc.

huh?

Posted by Bebop

How are you confused? Its so simple. People play Monoploy and clean windows!

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Bebop: How are you confused? Its so simple. People play Monoploy and clean windows!

More like Microsoft has a monopoly with Windows.

Yeah,I don't get what that had to do with Madden. Maybe because I'm tired and sick, but I don't get it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Madden has the monopoly on American Football.

... OK. Though my original point was that Madden sucks, yet still sells a ton of games every year.

Posted by Kit

Just like FIFA!

Posted by Bebop

Its over. Hasbro is finished.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I thought he was trying to point out that the Windows platform and the Monopoly game both were bigger than Madden. :D

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]... OK. Though my original point was that Madden sucks, yet still sells a ton of games every year.

Yes, but my point was that that's because Madden has the monopoly on American Football games, and gamers don't have much of a choice. Therefore it's not a very good example.

Hasn't it always sold well? Their might've been a chance for 2k to take some sales away, but I have a feeling EA would have still come out on top. It's Madden.