Guns?

Posted by Bobby Ironsights

Hi,

I'm not actually a video-game guy, I'm a firearms enthusiast.

I searched a little online, but as you all must know, it's sometimes a little difficult to find an answer to a question. You have to know the proper search terms to find anything meaningful via google.

I wonder, when I used to play video games, on the nintendo, they had this light gun thingy. They had a few interesting games, for the time, duck hunt and such.

I was wondering, while looking at some video games for sale in walmart the other day, ( they seem to have gotten much more advanced)

Do any of the consoles for sale these days, have light guns?

If so, it might be worthwhile for me to buy a modern console, even with the high prices.

Thanks for your time.
Bobby

Posted by Last Fog

You can get a PS2 for cheap and play Time Crisis 2 or 3 with light guns.

Theres also gun games on dreamcast if you can find one like House of the Dead.

Posted by Zeta

There are a few FPS games for the Wii, where you can use the Wiimote to aim and fire and stuff.

Posted by Pit

Your best bet is getting a Nintendo Wii. It isn't a gun, like the NES or SNES light gun, but it you can aim with the controller and it picks up all your motions. Lets say, if you play a first person shooter, you would use the controller like you would use a gun, and in some games, like red steel, the way you position your hand is also the way the character in game holds it. So if you hold a handgun sideways and you hold the Wiimote sideways, thats what it would look like on screen.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Pit: Your best bet is getting a Nintendo Wii. It isn't a gun, like the NES or SNES light gun, but it you can aim with the controller and it picks up all your motions. Lets say, if you play a first person shooter, you would use the controller like you would use a gun, and in some games, like red steel, the way you position your hand is also the way the character in game holds it. So if you hold a handgun sideways and you hold the Wiimote sideways, thats what it would look like on screen.

Isn't there also some sort of 'gun attachment'?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It was displayed, but nothing further has been talked about. Who knows if it will ever be released.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Nintendo World Report (aka Planet GAMECUBE) had a new story about the Wii's gun shell not too long ago, I think. I'll see if I can find it.