G3! YAY!

Posted by Trigger

In a few more hours I will be going to the G3 concert with Steve Vai, John Petrucci and Joe Satriani. I'm pretty excited about it all and can't wait to come home tired but very happy, possibly deaf from all the noise. I'll try and take photos if I can, but otherwise they'll probably be on my phone. Yay for me!

Posted by Raptor

I hope you have a fabulous time.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I hope your time there is mediocre, at best! :mad:

Posted by Apathetic

Who? Sorry I'm just an idiot kid please explain these pepole!

Posted by Omni

Have fun, I envy you. I haven't seen a live show in ages.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Apathetic: Who? Sorry I'm just an idiot kid please explain these pepole!

go die in the hole you apparently live in

G3 - Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and John Petrucci. Three of the greatest guitarists out there today. One tour. :)

Posted by Trigger

Bj, why do you even try anymore? You're foolish to think that I care what-so-ever about anything that you have to say to me. I would put you on ignore but I barely visit this forum much anymore and therefore can easily not read anything you have to say. So please, save yourself some time and don't bother posting anything to me; I get the point that you do not like little ol' Trigger and the people on this forum don't need to see you flexing your big keyboard muscles to show them that you're a big, strong boy who's still cool and hates me. Whoop-dee-do. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

On to the real discussion of this topic: G3 last night was absolutely awesome! John Petrucci came on first and was awesome, he had really heavy tone that sounded brutal. It was clear that he only has two speeds: Fast and Ultra Fast! Mike Portnoy was excellent having never seen him before, I was thoroughly impressed with his abilities and tiny tricks he threw in while playing. By the end, Petrucci thanked us all for coming and made a comment, "Hopefully Mike and I will see you again next year, with Dream Theater." I hope that they do end up coming down to Australia, I would really love to see them!

Steve Vai had to be my absolute favourite for the night, though. He was on second and was nothing more than incredible and amazing! I was highly amused by the fact that he has short hair now; he looked good though, his guitars sounded beautiful too. His performance on stage was just fun and really vibrant. He is a really good performer on stage, I loved him the most out of all three of them. He said wished he could dance like Prince, and it was pretty amusing to watch him try. ;)

Joe Satriani came on last and did a few good songs, he sounded pretty good and his guitars were nice. His chrome one was a little annoying when stage lights reflected bright white light right into your eye, but the way he played made up for it. I made a comment to my boyfriend that they should have Steve and John walk back on stage during Joe's last song, and about two minutes into Joe's last song, Steve walks on and joins in, then about a minute later, John walks on and begins playing. Oh, yeah, and they all made a point to wear Akubra Australian country hats while they were playing.

The show went for four hours, with them playing five songs each and then three or so together at the end. Joe had a little bit of a hard time singing, he just couldn't sing very well but Steve sounded really good. I was so deaf by the time we left but the whole experience was just thoroughly enjoyable. I'm going to miss those guys and I can't wait to see them again next time they are here. Hopefully Dream Theater will be coming, because I would go see it in a heartbeat!

Of course, we both pissed our money away on shirts. I'm pretty much in a complete state of euphoria about all of it. Best show I have seen in a long, long time.

Posted by Hyper

I demand pics of the shirts and a list of songs played. Especially the last three.

Posted by Trigger

I'll see what I can do, particularly about the shirts. I believe one of the last three songs was an old Jimi Hendrix song, which was awesome.

Posted by Pit

Lucky. Did you bone steven vai or would that be incest?

Posted by Trigger

If Steve was my father or part of my family, Pit, that would be some sexy, sexy incest!

I didn't. :(

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Trigger: Bj, why do you even try anymore? You're foolish to think that I care what-so-ever about anything that you have to say to me. I would put you on ignore but I barely visit this forum much anymore and therefore can easily not read anything you have to say. So please, save yourself some time and don't bother posting anything to me; I get the point that you do not like little ol' Trigger and the people on this forum don't need to see you flexing your big keyboard muscles to show them that you're a big, strong boy who's still cool and hates me. Whoop-dee-do. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

lawl, serious business

Sounds fun, though. I want to see Dream Theater live one of these days.

Posted by Trigger

Points for the Fear and Loathing avatar.

CAN YOU HEAR ME?!