Only a Wiik left!

Posted by Bebop

Only a wiik left until I'm saving Hyrule, titling monkies, spanking bunnies, shooting targets, playing tennis and possibly shooting asians on remote islands. Im very excited. Lucky Americans!

Posted by Dexter

I'd say we got the better deal. I like how you're getting Wii Play though. Is Red Steel a launch title for you guys?

Posted by Bebop

The only difference I can think of is Wii Play and Excite Truck.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

****, you're missing out on Excite Truck? Poor Europeans. Such a shame.

Posted by ccrocker58

Hehe, is Excite worth the money? It seemed like too much of an arcade racer...

It's a piece of ****. That's the point.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I was actually really interested in it. I love casual games. :)

I played Wii today for so long that the dude at the demo booth got fed up with me. If anyone goes to the Wii Move You tour over the next few days, and there's a Mii called Willeth with a goatee, you know my mark has been left. I'm so psyched now.

Posted by Drewboy64

Nope, excite truck IS worth the money in my opinion.

Happy wiiing, Europeans.

Posted by Zeta

I swear to ***, if I ever see another Wii pun I'll hunt down whoever made it, regardless of where they live.

Wiiing is one of the worst I've heard.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Bebop]and possibly shooting asians on remote islands.

I can't work out if this means Red Steel, Far Cry or Dragonball Z.

All three.

Posted by Speedfreak

Speaking of DBZ and Far Cry, looks like that aren't launch titles here. From what I can tell they're not even out before Christmas.

Guess I'll just be playing Monkey Ball, Wii Play, Wii Sports and Zelda :(

Posted by Unite

wii not out in europ yet?

Posted by Speedfreak

No, it isn't. Europe more often than not gets games and systems later than North America or Japan does, though that is starting to change.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Suck it EU, we (AEDT) Australians get the Wii 1 day & 11 hrs before you. :p: ;)

...Mind you, US, CA & JP are already pwning us with their l33t Zelda skillz... ;)

Posted by ccrocker58

Iono...Zelda alone has absorbed 56 hours of my Wii life alone. Red Steel was like playing a compilation game...some of it is good, but most of it is ****, so you never really know if you want to play it, or if you just feel like expriencing something different...And Trauma Center has yet to be opened.

P.S. - Played and loved Excite

Posted by lameboyadvance

...In 4 hours, a lot of Aussie Ninty fanboys will be Wii-ing themselves. ;)

...I'll be there trying to get EB to price match a Wiimote/Nunchuk, and seeing if anyone else brought their DSs.

EDIT: Wii-ing. Wiing sounds too much like Wing.

Posted by Dexter

I'm actually excited for you guys. It'll be nice to have you guys experiencing the Wii with the rest of us and be able to discuss things together with us as they transpire, even though you will have some games we don't and we will have some that you don't. It sucks listening to everyone else talk about things you want to experience but can't yet do so. VGC surprisingly has quite a few UK members and you all seem to be into gaming.

Wait, people on Video Game Chat like video games?

What has science done...

Posted by Dexter

I've noticed that most members from the UK seem to have more of a passion compared to those in America. They seem to take more time to research things, too. idk, maybe it's just me looking into it too much.

Posted by muffla

i wish wii play was a launch in america :(

is there any news on a mic? i like to trash talk when i pummle people in ssbb (when it comes out)

Posted by Dexter

Hey, that's a good point. What is up with the mic? I don't even know where it would plug into. :confused:

Bluetooth.

Or possibly use the DS microphone.

Quoting Dexter: I've noticed that most members from the UK seem to have more of a passion compared to those in America. They seem to take more time to research things, too. idk, maybe it's just me looking into it too much.

You're basing that on Speedfreak being passionateand knowing sales figures, Bebop being a dick, and me just generally knowing other stuff. I'd say we're all exceptions.

British people don't even line up for console launches except in London. And if there's one thing the British know how to do, it's queue.

Posted by Zeta

[quote=muffla]wii are goin go get midwiivle on your hiny

Someone tell me where muffla lives so I can go beat his face in. Twice.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Muffla: wii are goin go get midwiivle on your hiny

ROFL! That's ****ing horrid!

Posted by Bebop

OMG its out tomorrow. Yay!

Posted by s0ul

Does this have anything to do with why Speedfreak's been mysteriously missing for like 4 ****ing days?

Posted by Bebop

Yes. It has EVERYTHING to do with it.

I've been away for a while too :(....

Posted by Kit

I'm getting mine tommorow, but I can't play it until Christmas. My Mum wont let me because it's a Christmas present. :(

Posted by Bebop

Ha ha your parents suck

Spoiler: Kill your parents ;)

I've got mine. Shockingly, I've played more WiiSports than Zelda, and I bought Red Steel. For some reason.

I was also the first person to get a Wii in Sheffield, and I have video evidence!

Quoted post: I'm getting mine tommorow, but I can't play it until Christmas. My Mum wont let me because it's a Christmas present.

A man divorced his wife because she wouldn't let him play it until christmas.

Posted by Zeta

What the hell, are you serious?

/r/ link

I'm trying to remember when I heard it. It was either on Gamespot's "On the Spot" or 1up Yours. They interviewed the guy and stuff.

Posted by Dexter

She gets you a Wii, lets you know that you have it, then tells you that you can't play it until Christmas? That's so lame and mean! I'd put myself up for adoption, if that was at all possible.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Oh Dexter, setting yourself up for adoption IS possible. The wonderous things the Black Market can do for you. Either that, or you could register yourself for sell on [URL="www.craigslist.org"]www.craigslist.org[/URL]. It's like the online-flea market to Ebay.. :cool:

Anywho, any idiot that divorces his significant other over lack of console-sustenance, should highly consider taking the Wii'mote and choking himself with it [while attached with the Nunchuk]. No one's ever coined the phrase: "Games before Dames", yet.. Wait, I have. I used that line almost everyday I'd get off work and didn't want to hear the 'ex' nag at me when I was playing RE4, last year.

Quoted post: She gets you a Wii, lets you know that you have it, then tells you that you can't play it until Christmas? That's so lame and mean! I'd put myself up for adoption, if that was at all possible.

Pretty sure he waited in line, got it home and she was all "lol, you know you can't open that until christmas right?"

Posted by Kit

It just arrived from Argos. I can't take it out of the packaging because my Mum isn't in. She isn't gonna let me play it. Only for around two weeks though, how bad can it be?

Posted by ccrocker58

Horrible. The anticipation is going to eat at you like a disease devouring your insides slowly while all the while you're starving to death XD.

Posted by Dexter

I suppose it couldn't be that bad. I've been holding myself off from playing Zelda since I got the system because I've been trying to defeat Tales of the Abyss first. Still, the last two weeks of multiplayer with Wii Sports has been so much fun, I'd be a fool to go back in time and restrict my life from it. Don't be a fool, open it up and play! You won't be sorry once your mum plays it and realizes how foolish she was.

What is she going to do about it anyways? Scold you? **** her, she's a woman. Put her in her place.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: What is she going to do about it anyways? Scold you?

It involves stabbing.

With your penis into her VAGINAAAA?

Posted by ccrocker58

No his penis in the disposal unit.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Put her in her place.

Kitchen.

Bring out the darkness in your Kirby and freakin' get her cooking. Tell her you want your hawt pockets while you play with Midna.

Posted by Kit

Quoting ccrocker58: No his penis in the disposal unit.

DING DING DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNAR!

Actually she'll take it away and sell it to buy crappy stuff like Washing up Powder.

Quoting Dexter: Kitchen.

Bring out the darkness in your Kirby and freakin' get her cooking. Tell her you want your hawt pockets while you play with Midna.

B-But she does that anyway. :(

Posted by Dexter

She does? You'd think such a cool, hawt pocket mama would understand. :(

Actually, what am I saying? I got an extra Wii at launch for a friend as a Christmas gift and I'm not giving it to her until Christmas comes around. :cool:

Posted by Kit

She's just fussy about things being done at the right times, I suppose. So no Wii yet. I can stare at the box for a few days. That'll keep me occupied until I can actually open it. :)

Posted by Dexter

You think you just wants it tp be wrapped under the tree? I had a sister who would give us some important gifts but then take them all back and wrap them up and put them under the tree to be opened on Christmas Day. Ask her if that's a worthy loop hole to her hawt pockety motherly system.

Being a mom is, like, the best job in teh worlds.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, mothers can mess up your entire world. Even before it ever starts. So like Mr. T once rapped about: "Love your mother, there is no other. So treat her right."

Quoting Dexter: I got an extra Wii at launch for a friend as a Christmas gift

Me too.

More like "Mii too" amirite?

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: More like "Mii too" amirite?

lmao. Nice contradiction ;)

Posted by Dexter

Wings, your unibrow so belongs on one of my Mii characters. Send me a close-up shot on it over the Wiis plz.

I still remember net's siggy with the 'k im scared now' saying.

T'ain't a unibrow any more. :)

No... you didn't... you couldn't. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted by Dexter

What the hell did you do! Those are your wings!!!

Grow them back like a cedar of Lebanon or a malignant tumor.

Oh, it'll be back in a few days. :)

I'll just send you my Mii. It's pretty accurate. :)

EDIT: Done. Along with Mario and Luigi.

Posted by Dexter

You did a Mario and Luigi too? I gotta see these. I spent a good hour working on mine. My Mario looks too mean, but my Luigi is fairly impressive. He even has a good dumbfounded female anime character/Kevin McCallister look on his face like he does on the cover of Luigi's Mansion.

I spent maybe ten minutes on each of them, at most. I'm quite proud with what I managed to do with Luigi's moustache - I used Bebop's Mario as a jumping-off point, though. I went with the Luigi's Mansion-esque worried look, too - how odd!

Send me yours to compare.

Posted by Bebop

Yeh your Mario is way better. I deleted mine once I got yous. I made Einstein and Abe Lincoln last night. Im happy at how they turned out actually. I think my Mii is very accurate too, even if the hair is much flatter.