U3?

Posted by Proto Man

I dunno, I bought a new flash drive that has U3 on it. I find it kind of annoying, and am seriously thinking about uninstalling it. Should I? Does anyone actually use this thing?

I know what it does and stuff, but I just don't see much of a need for it I guess. I would just like some thoughts on the matter though before I make my decision.

Posted by higbvuyb

U3 is pretty dumb and useless, uses up art of the drive, has device confilcts, etc, and is basically dodgy and gimmicky. Remove it, it's not too mard to go into Windows Explorer.

And what flash drive did you buy?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting higbvuyb: U3 is pretty dumb and useless, uses up art of the drive, has device confilcts, etc, and is basically dodgy and gimmicky. Remove it, it's not too mard to go into Windows Explorer.

And what flash drive did you buy?

A 1 GB PNY Attache, it was $15 at bestbuy! :)

Posted by avalanch

I've got a U3 launchpad on my SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2GB usb drive. I hate the launchpad though but you can remove programs from it.

the only things I have left installed on mine are Avast Antivirus & the Enable Security option which offers password protection on the drive.

Posted by Proto Man

I just went ahead and removed it. If I ever need it in the future, I can just buy another drive.

Posted by higbvuyb

If you google around, you can't find out how to reinstall it after you delete it, regardless of what the program itself says.