MMO GTA?

Posted by RebelGamer137

Would an MMO GTA be a great game? I think it would be the best bloody MMO if they made it.

Posted by Sean Fury

I thought about the idea awhile ago and while it seems like it would be a major kickass game, the mere fact that it's so popular (which means hundreds, if not thousands, of people would be playing at the same time) added with the fact of how much lag you get in-game when you do too much at once...I think would be too much for a game to handle.

Just imagine thousands of gamers running around Liberty City, Vice City, etc. with rocket launchers and causing massive destruction, police chases, the army to appear, plus the fact that no-one would be able to complete missions because of that. I mean, sure, it'd be awesome, but it would be a major pain in the ***.

Posted by Kit

I've played a fan-based one. It sucked because idiots ran around killing everybody, so you couldn't do anything.

Posted by WackoHater2

It would be alright if people would be mature about it and only kill if needed. Like Kirby said, people would run around randomly killing. I mean, it would be awesome, but assholes would ruin it.

Posted by Kit

On the game I played, you always spawned in the same place and there would be something like 5 people camping. Made it unfun.

Posted by GaaraOfTheSand

It'd be fun but one guy would get like 5 stars and then the army would mow down evry1 even if you wern't doing anything

Posted by WackoHater2

Is Grand Theft Auto on Xbox Live? I think that'd be kinda cool. Getting to choose the people you go against, so it can just be you and some friends. You can gang up on the police and kick some ass.

Posted by Moogs

Panic's idea actually doesn't sound bad at all

Posted by RebelGamer137

Gang wars on a MMO GTA would be interesting.

Posted by Larry The Great

Quoting RebelGamer137: Gang wars on a MMO GTA would be interesting.

Hell yeah! That would pwn, as long as the noobs don't f it up.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I posted this a while ago. The only way it would really work is kind of like TDU did it - when you aren't in a mission, you can see loads of other people bombing around the world doing whatever they are doing, you can help them escape the police or whatever (and probably get achievements for it on 360), but when you are in a mission it needs to be much mroe controlled. You don't want to be about to complete a mission you've been trying for an hour just to have some ******* come and ram you into the sea or something. On the flipside, though, there could also be co-op missions over Live or PNP, etc.

Posted by WackoHater2

http://www.byond.com has a MMORPG GTA game, but it sucks.

Posted by Kit

That's the one I played.