NES and SNES Controller Adapters for Nintendo Wii

Posted by neofreak91

that is cool :-D
http://www.retrousb.com/wii.html

Posted by Speedfreak

EDIT: Uh, woops. Turns out they're kosher after all. Sorry.

Posted by Speedfreak

bump

Posted by Dexter

That's excellent. I'm buying them right now. Any word on a Nintendo 64 port?

Posted by ccrocker58

Yea I read about those things on 1up.com...So...basically, the Classic Control is utterly worthless??

Posted by Dexter

Not at all. This just gives you more options on what to use. I actually like using the Classic Controller, so I'll probably use whichever one I feel like using at the time. Also, there's some four player games and it's good to have a variety of controllers to choose from. Wiimote, NES, Super NES, Classic Controller, Game Cube Controller.

Posted by Speedfreak

No, Dexter! Stop! They're not out for a month! The one you're buying is a USB adapter, which WON'T work on a Wii.

Posted by Dexter

haha. What? It doesn't look like that at all. Are you sure? It's a RetroPort Preorder. I wouldn't mind if they sent me the other though. I could use an actual NES controller when playing Dr. Mario with NES Queen. That would be nice.

Posted by Proto Man

I am wondering though, why Nintendo didn't just out and release this (or actual controllers) themselves? Plus, I wonder how the nuts and bolts of this stuff will work (Button translations), because wouldn't using these still have the Wii look at them as GCN controllers?

Posted by lameboyadvance

Quoting Proto Man: I am wondering though, why Nintendo didn't just out and release this (or actual controllers) themselves?

...Because Nintendo have taken a silent vow to not rerelease anything of theirs, unless it involves shoving it on a new system and making you pay for it?