The Doors

Posted by Omni

Combining the sounds of Ray Manzarek's unique keyboard style, Robbie Krieger's innovative slide guitar style, John Densmore's jazzy drumming, and, of course, Jim Morrison's memorable baritone vocals, The Doors are one of those bands that was never really duplicated in sound.

Anyone else enjoy their music?

Posted by junior senior

YES

I LOVE THE DOORS

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]RIDERS OF THE STORM

I love that song[/COLOR]

Posted by junior senior

i have that as a version my friend did on the keys

Posted by Omni

Here's 10 that I love:

"Riders On The Storm"
"The WASP (Texas Radio And The Big Beat)"
"Moonlight Drive"
"Roadhouse Blues"
"Waiting For The Sun"
"Light My Fire"
"Hello, I Love You"
"Break On Through (To The Other Side)"
"People Are Strange"
"Wild Child"
"The Soft Parade"

They have more, but those are my favorites, I think.

Posted by junior senior

TAKE IT EASY BABY TAKE IT AS IT COMES

how dare you not have unknown soldier on that list

Posted by Omni

That's actually one of my least favorite songs by them. That doesn't mean it's not good, since most of their songs are, but I like other songs better than that particular song. They are one of my favorite bands.

Posted by junior senior

which song? I named two.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN THE HYACINTH HOUSE

Posted by Omni

"The Unknown Soldier" is the one I was talking about.

It just doesn't excite me the way it seems to other people. I kinda find it boring for a song by The Doors. I also don't like the songs on The Soft Parade that feature all the strings and horns. "Touch Me" is an exception. That said, "Who Scared You?" and "Shaman's Blues" are extremely awesome songs. "The End" and "When The Music's Over" are also epic and pretty neat.

What songs by them are your absolute favorites?

Posted by junior senior

like all of them

runnin blue is good with ray singing

THE CRYSTAL ME--I MEAN CRYSTAL SHIP
yes the river knows
straaaannnnggggeee daysssssss have found ussss straaange daysss have tracked us down theyre going to destroy our casual joys
yeah yo moonlight drive rules and shaman's blues is awesome
i cant see your face in my mind lolz where r u

my eyes have seen you and then unhappy girl in that order ALWAYS it sounds great

ive been down so gooddddaamn long

OH OH AND TIGHTROPE RIDE RAY'S SONG HE SANG LIVE AFTER JIM DIED HIS BIRTHDAY IS NEXT FRIDAY 12/8 LOL GET HIM A GIFT PLZ

yea idk why i just typed like that lol wtf it was just 12:00 now its 12:27 lol

Posted by Omni

"Woman Is A Devil" and "Rock Is Dead" are both outtakes, and both are also awesome. Have you heard them?

Posted by junior senior

downloading now

little red rooster

MY WILD LOVE WENT RIDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Posted by Omni

Heh, oh yeah. "Peace Frog" and "Blue Sunday" are also really good songs. "Wild Child" is also extremely underrated.

Posted by junior senior

i have that video on tape

FOR IF WE DON'T FIND THE NEXT LITTLE GIRL LOL PEDOPHILE JIM MORRISON NAKED AS CHILDREN OUT IN THE MEADOW IF I DON'T GET MY HANDS ON A NUMBER FIVE IM GONNA SKIN THAT LITTLE GIRL ALIVE

Posted by Omni

LOL...He didn't even write "Alabama Song"...Meaning that German playwrights are pedophiles instead.

Posted by junior senior

he didn't write backdoor man, that means cheating on your husband and foxes going in the henhouse

Posted by Omni

He did write some neat lyrics, though.

Posted by junior senior

he's amazing

lol once last year i went to the library they didn't have no one here gets out alive so i got it called in from another library and when i was waiting for like 2 weeks i was at school and i found the book in the computer lab and it was left there and the lady gave it to me lol

Posted by Omni

Heh...

Did you download those two songs I said? I think you should get "Who Scared You?" if you don't have it already.

Posted by junior senior

I have it

lol this kid last year in my school his name was Jim Morrison and he got kicked off hockey for putting his dick in this kid's ear lol just like the real one put it out on stage in miami lol

Posted by Omni

Holy ****! Reincarnation must be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal!

Posted by junior senior

AND ALLL THE CHILDRENNNN ARE INSANEEEEE

Posted by Omni

Welcome to the Soft Parade!

Posted by junior senior

lol

Posted by Omni

Awesome! "Horse Latitudes" is kinda neat, too.

Posted by junior senior

it's not even a song :-\

Posted by Omni

It's funny, though. It's spoken word poetry.

Posted by junior senior

Stoned Immaculate

Posted by Omni

We want the world and we want it now!

Posted by junior senior

yes yes when the music's over is a good song

TURN OUT THE LIGHTS
TURN OUT THE LIGHTS
TURN OUT THE LIGHTS

Posted by Omni

The music is your special friend! Dance on fire like it intends!

Posted by Proto Man

I am not crazy about The Doors myself, but I do admit their sound is interesting and unique. I like "Don't you Love Her Madly". I LOVE the demo version of "Hello, I Love You". It's better than the final IMO because it has a more natural sound with Piano, and harmonica. It also has a faster beat.

Posted by Omni

"Love Her Madly" is an awesome song. You're right. They used a lot of Doors songs in Forrest Gump, plus a lot of other classic rock songs. I enjoyed that movie.