eragon

Posted by Vg200x

Now this is my type of movie, it comes out december 15th [url]www.eragonmovie.com/[/url] . I like the whole dragon and mythical aspect to it ,this could almost be made into a video game if some people got creative.

Posted by Bebop

Looks crap

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vg200x: this could almost be made into a video game if some people got creative.

Already being made into several games. Very horrible-looking games.

Posted by Dexter

It might have interested me 8 years ago but it means nothing to me now and I really wouldn't care for a game. The book is probably the best way to go if I were to choose one.

Posted by Sean Fury

Dragon books make me angry. Dragons get old fast, they need to be in small quantities. For example, Harry Potter is a world full of witches, magic, all that fun stuff, and dragons have been seen, what? Twice? If that? Yeah, that keeps them cool and not lame.

Now, I'm not saying this movie is going to be crap, because I thought the book would be and the movie looks half-decent, I'll probably go see it, but I'm never reading that book.

Posted by Vg200x

and your all critics

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vg200x: and your all critics

you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're you're

And having an opinion isn't a bad thing.

Posted by Pit

you spelled dragon wrong, dick

Posted by maian

Well, I don't think it looks half bad. It's got Jeremy Irons and John Malcovich.

I'll see it, since I loved the book. Regarding the overabundance of dragons: There's not really much. Saphira is the only dragon in the whole book, and in the world it's set in, only three dragons are even alive, with two more eggs. It's an interesting story, and I want to see if the movie holds true to it, or if they pull a Harry Potter. :(

Posted by Dexter

Quoting maian: It's got Jeremy Irons and John Malcovich.[

John Malkovich is usually so disturbingly attractive and I can never watch Jeremy Irons without thinking of Scar/The Lion King. He was so resonantly conveyed. Although in this film, like Dungeons & Dragons, I feel he will seem over-the-top. He might work for the character as long as they don't have him twitching exaggeratedly. Actually, I take that back. It would suck if there's no twitching. Twitching is Jeremy Irons. Now that I think of it, Irons will make this film fun! I hope I get the impression that he isn't acting at all but instead just reading the script indifferently. I don't know how he does it, but he can be both indifferent and over-the-top. He is just that awesome.

And what's this? No mention of Rachel Weisz? maian, you can be so gay. :p:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'll see it because I read the books. Whether it'll be worth it or not, who knows.

Posted by Fate

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/eragon/

Looks like the movie sucked more than the book.

Posted by Zeta

Saw it. It was horrible. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

How expected.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Looks terrible. I'll just wait for the next Harry Potter, thank you very much.

Posted by Cloudstud

Thats kinds dissapointing but expected. Fantasy movies rarely ever do well.. Oh well maybe we have the Hobbit movies to look forward to....

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Angelwing: Looks terrible. I'll just wait for the next Harry Potter, thank you very much.

Lol am I the only one who laughed at this statement?

Posted by Dexter

No, I chuckled fairly well at that, too. Is Harry Potter truly the top of the pedestal? That sucks, remarkably. The Potter films are so silly.

Posted by maian

Quoting Bebop: Lol am I the only one who laughed at this statement?

No. When I see Eragon today, I'm going to thoroughly compare their crappiness.

Posted by Crazy K

I'm going to pass up on Eragon, It just looks extremely bad for some reason.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Crazy K: I'm going to pass up on Eragon, It just looks extremely bad for some reason.

It looks bad for every reason.

Posted by Raptor

Saw it today, having had no previous knowledge of the film. Just to set the record straight, it was awful. Not the worst movie I ever had to endure, but pretty close. I would have fallen asleep if it wasn't 50 degrees in the theatre.

Posted by Senator Ramen

I agree.
Even if you didn't read the book it was painful. They skipped half the plot, and none of the scenes tied together at all. The entire movie went as such:

-"We need to do this"
-*does it*
-"We need to go here"
-*goes there*
-Repeat

Posted by Raptor

Even John Malkovich being in the movie and seeing Eragon shirtless didn't make up for it.

Posted by Dexter

Was Irons twitching?

Posted by Shade

To the film's credit, Irons was fantastic.

Posted by Dexter

kk, but was he twitching? :confused:

Posted by Raptor

The heck do ya mean? Aw geez, you're darned tootin'.

Posted by Dexter

What? You mean to tell me that you don't know about Irons and his famous twitching? It is, by far, his best gesture.

Posted by Shade

I didn't notice one single twitch.

Posted by Dexter

Now I don't have a reason to see this film. Someone give me one, please.

Posted by Shade

IT HAS LOTS OF FIRE!

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting Sean Fury: Dragon books make me angry. Dragons get old fast, they need to be in small quantities. For example, Harry Potter is a world full of witches, magic, all that fun stuff, and dragons have been seen, what? Twice? If that? Yeah, that keeps them cool and not lame.

Now, I'm not saying this movie is going to be crap, because I thought the book would be and the movie looks half-decent, I'll probably go see it, but I'm never reading that book.

Harry Potter is like a crappy moie to me and book (no offence to anyone who likes Harry Potter) I'm reading the book right not and its good so far to me its 10 out of 10. I wonder if they are going to make a movie out of Eldest the second book?

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Vg200x: N I like the whole dragon and mythical aspect to it ,this could almost be made into a video game if some people got creative.

People got creative, sadly they didn't know how to make a good game.

Posted by Ichigo54

For the sake of the thrid book we are all waiting for, I pray to *** they don't make an Eldest book and kill the trilogy.

PS: STAY THE HELL AWAY FORM THIS MOVIE!!!!!

Posted by Dexter

They're making another Narnia. Same directing, which sucks.

Posted by Shade

Verdict?

No more movies based off of fantasy series, unless they star Emma Watson.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shade32 again.