The Beatles

Posted by Arcadios

I feel like I need to expand a little from Rap and Hip-Hop and I hardly ever listen to the Beatles.
What album would you recommend outta all of them?

Posted by Killer Jordo

I hate you for making this thread before me. Nah I love you :p:

There are so many great albums that they have put out. And with a major difference between the early and the later years. I suggest 'the white album'. It's a 2-disc set with some great tracks.

Posted by Omni

I'd have to say...get the compilation album 1967-1970. As for the self-titled The Beatles, which is also known as The White Album, it is probably their least accessible album, with a lot of weird songs and experimentation done with the point of alienating the listener. If you want a well-rounded studio album, I'd say go with Abbey Road, because it has a lot of strong material, including the medley at the end.

If you have AIM, Yahoo!, or MSN Messenger, I can help you with songs, rather than going by album. Let me know.

Posted by Arcadios

Meh, I dislike Best Of... albums for some reason.
So I'm gonna go with The White Album.
Thanks for the advise.

Posted by Omni

I'd still say you should go with Abbey Road, or Revolver.

Posted by Stalolin

Personally I like their psychedelic stuff. Go for Revolver.

Posted by Killer Jordo

The White Album shows an array.

Posted by Omni

The White Album doesn't have any of their psychedelic pop songs on it. Revolver shows the best array of songs based on the number of tracks on it, and it doesn't have as much filler. "Wild Honey Pie" and the other songs like that are little more than Paul trying out new techniques in the studio with rarely amazing results. Even John admitted that "Revolution 9" was nothing but experimental filler material.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Number 9 number 9 number 9

Posted by Omni

Yeah, it's still filler.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Listen to that song when you're about to go too sleep. You know that state where you're really REALLY tired but you're still awake. You hear stuff that you don't hear when you're awake.

Posted by Omni

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "Yer Blues" are the best songs on it.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Arcadios: I feel like I need to expand a little from Rap and Hip-Hop and I hardly ever listen to the Beatles.
What album would you recommend outta all of them?

Ah, I like listening to the Beatles every now and again. My favorite songs are "We can Work it Out" and "Yellow Submarine" I can't really suggest an ALBUM per se, because I am not into albums, just single songs. So yeah, go with what the others said.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Did you know the rest of the band didn't want to play "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". Yeah he actually did it with...I think it was Eric Clapton?

Posted by Omni

Most people know that Clapton played on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" because George asked him to after nobody took the song seriously. He also turned it from an acoustic song into an electric song to capture Clapton's intricate style and technique. "Helter Skelter" is also a cool song.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Your mom makes a cool song LOLOL.

I wanted to be like vamp.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Killer Jordo: I wanted to be like vamp.

I don't think you were successful. You fail for lack of grim and black metal.

Posted by Killer Jordo

BLACK METAL IS T3H PWNZERS?

Nah it's not for me. If I became a DA elite I'd whip VGC into Britney Spears!

Seriously, new album is off the hook Beatels wise. Mix's are totally awesome as I said in the other thread.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, I haven't got it yet, but you know I will when I get around to it.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Put it on your to-do list then.

Posted by Phantasma2

You guys treat Vampiro as a ***.

He is Satan. FEAR HIM.

or fap to him. He would like that the ****ing pervert.

Posted by Arcadios

Or throw a wiimote at him.
ifyouknowhatimean

Posted by GameMiestro

Just get the Number One Hits CD.

Or do you actually use vinyl?

Posted by Omni

The Beatles 1 doesn't even have a lot of their best songs on it, because they weren't released as singles that went to #1 on the charts.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting GameMiestro: Just get the Number One Hits CD.

Or do you actually use vinyl?

I wish! :( I <3 vinyl. If I was getting vinyl though, I would probably pick up singles as I don't believe there is just one album that has all the songs I like.

I looked at The Beatles and it didn't interest me much. The #1 CD has all the good ones.

Posted by Omni

A list of just some of the most popular Beatles songs not on The Beatles 1:

"Strawberry Fields Forever"
"Penny Lane"
"Yer Blues"
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
"Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"
"Taxman"
"Helter Skelter"
"Got To Get You Into My Life"
"Don't Let Me Down"
"Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"
"I Am The Walrus"
"Birthday"
"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
"With A Little Help From My Friends"
"Revolution"
"Here Comes The Sun"

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: A list of just some of the most popular Beatles songs not on The Beatles 1:

"Strawberry Fields Forever"
"Penny Lane"
"Yer Blues"
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
"Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"
"Taxman"
"Helter Skelter"
"Got To Get You Into My Life"
"Don't Let Me Down"
"Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"
"I Am The Walrus"
"Birthday"
"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
"With A Little Help From My Friends"
"Revolution"
"Here Comes The Sun"

Some of those were good. I was never a fan of their later stuff like the Sgt. Peppers though. Most of what I like is on Beatles #1.

Posted by Omni

There is no set or album that has all of their best songs. I'd say downloading individual songs, if you can, is the best way to get what you want. Their songs are all set to be remastered and releeased online in some form in the next year or so. I read the article. The only thing I'm sure about is that they won't be on iTunes for quite a while, if ever.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: There is no set or album that has all of their best songs. I'd say downloading individual songs, if you can, is the best way to get what you want. Their songs are all set to be remastered and releeased online in some form in the next year or so. I read the article. The only thing I'm sure about is that they won't be on iTunes for quite a while, if ever.

This is true. Thanks for the info as well. I wonder if they will re-master "Love Me Do" in stereo?