Flying Wiimote

Posted by Shade

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/20/flying-wiimote-busts-60-tv/

lol

Posted by Ant

I've only had it happen to me once, but that was my own fault for not having the strap on. I happened to me while I was playing Baseball on Wii Sports, and as I swung, WOOSH! flew and hit the wall to my left, right in the area where it happens to be fairly empty lucky for me. But I'm not too worried about the Wii-mote getting damaged. As for other people and having repeated incidents, they're probably just getting way to into it and/or being retarded.

Oh, and after reading that story. He probably just got unlucky with his wiimote, I doubt most are like that. And hell, he must have flung that ****er pretty hard to cause such damage to the TV.

Posted by Bebop

People are idiots. How hard can it be to hold onto something?

Posted by segashadow128gcn

i dont think thats real, come on a wiimote from a bowling position throw, to do that kind of damage to a tv.

wii sports games work better with non-over powerd shots. they explain and justifiy that in wii golf. and bowling is all about were you let go of the B button low you have alot more spin oppritunity (if you are putting spin) and high the less spin you will be (seeing as you might chunk the ball half way down the lane in the air)

but i dont use my wrist snap. because i dont want to have to take it off just to stop playing, or just feel it on me while i play. gamestop makes you ware one for the demo's. i do a fine job holding on to it, i am sure everyone else will to. and i dont get sweaty hands with the wii at all.

Posted by TheSorrow

Quoting Bebop: People are idiots. How hard can it be to hold onto something?

Sweaty Hands....but it happened to me too the wrist strap broke off and it hit my wall while playing tennis.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, there's been a ton of cases.

Quoted post: But I'm not too worried about the Wii-mote getting damaged.

Shouldn't be it seems. You can whip it against a wall, soak it in water, jump on it, etc, and it'll still play fine.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Ant: And hell, he must have flung that ****er pretty hard to cause such damage to the TV.

I had a TV two years ago that we had to get rid of because it short-circuited, and this was also in the middle of us cleaning out our new house. So, my friend Dylan and I threw the TV in the dumpster we got for all the **** the **** hippies before us left around, and we decided we wanted to break the screen. We threw rocks, bricks, everything we could find, and even got a ****ing 10+ foot cast-iron pipe and smashed it onto the screen. Not even a ****ing scratch.

I'd like to see a Wiimote break that screen.

Posted by Zeta

*******it, whenever I see the words 'flying wiimote', I envision those winged monkeys from the Wizard of Oz, 'cept they're winged wiimotes, tearing apart Scarecrow and stuff. What's up with that?

Posted by RandomizeR

lol, i'll be extra careful not to do that

Posted by EnTiTyHaCkEr

I was actually pretty embarassed last night. My first time ever playing a Wii and I managed to almost knock one of my best friends out, while pitching in baseball, by throwing the Wiimote.

He has an egg the size of an ovary on his head now...

Posted by Bebop

An egg....the size....of an ovary? Wha?

Posted by Shade

Egg meaning 'bump'.

Posted by Dexter

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

I rarely use the strap. I've never lost my Wiimote.

Posted by RandomizeR

that's funny stuff

Posted by RebelGamer137

I might be the result of the gamers hands getting all sweaty.

Quoted post: I might be the result of the gamers hands getting all sweaty.

What is this implying?

Posted by TendoAddict

****, looks like I cant bathe in butter and Finely lubricate my hands before my gaming sessions now. My life is ruined.

Posted by muffla

yea this is a little off topic but what else do you expect form me?

they just came out with a nerf controler for the ps2 and maybe xbox so you can throw it as hard as you want (even at people) and it wornt break

now they jsut need to make them for xbox 360 and ps3.one for the wii i dont think i would buy becasue it would bee to squishy for mee

Posted by ccrocker58

Two things tell me that the original source article is untrue. First, take a look at the TV pictured. The guy is claiming that the TV that was damaged was a 60" Projection. The TV in that pic is defenitely a 27 or so inch and as far as I can tell, it's just a plain old CRT. Second, this dude is from Something Awful. Has anyone ever been to that site? If so, then you should be able to look at this article with a lot of discretion.

Doesn't really matter if that one article is false or not, since there's more than enough true occurrences for it to make no difference. Hell, even Reggie commented on the problem.

Posted by Unite

Read an article about it in 24 magazine

Posted by Drewboy64

As Penny Arcade put it,
[IMG]http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20061129.jpg[/IMG]

Penny Arcade is so stupid.

Posted by ccrocker58

Eh...i suppose you're right Vamp...this certainly isn't the first time this problem has been brought to attention.

Posted by hypnotize_

I can't believe that the Wii controllers are "heavy duty". I just can't imagine that at all, but hey, I don't have a Wii so I wouldn't know. If anyone is willing to try to run a car over their Wii controllers, I would like to find out the outcome.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?Dispatch=Display&cId=3155507

Good enough.

Posted by bsboy77

its true i went to gamestop and they said some body broke a plamsma flat with a wiimote

Posted by Linkman

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20061207/tc_zd/195785

Yahoo, late as usual.

I have to ask, what would poses you to swing the remote hard enough that it would brake through the about 1/4 inch thick class in front of your TV? These people have no one to blame but there own-idiot-selves.

Posted by Dexter

I think I've dropped a controller twice in my life and that was usually because I pulled the cord with my foot or something. The Wiimote doesn't even have a cord and it's difficult to imagine myself losing my grip on it regularly.

Posted by TheSorrow

[IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k120/_-_Gump_-_/thumb_screen002.jpg[/IMG]
Pic of the TV that got cracked...

Posted by Zeta

Pic stolen from Arcadios.

Posted by Tyler Durden

You can swing the Wii'mote on a different axis to get the same results. You average apes are just stupid, move the sensor somewhere off to the side of your television sets. Even with it mounted on top, I still stand infront of the tube, but turned to the side [almost parallel to the screen and it still registers accurately, may have to adjust your controller sensitivity]. I've already bowled 200+ games with a friend, to know how the games react to my motions. My only reward, a severe false-case of "tennis elbow".

Posted by Drewboy64

Anyone who is stupid enough to not wear the wiimote and throw it so hard, at the same time as letting go, that it destroys their TV does not deserve a Wii.

It's also stupid if they are wearing the strap, but for some reason feel the need to throw it hard enough to break off AND break the TV screen, all the while letting go of their controller.

Posted by troywolv

This is Troy Wolverton. I'm a reporter with the San Jose Mercury News. I'm following up on Nintendo's decision to replace the Wii straps. I'm hoping to talk to folks who've had problems with the Wii remote slipping out of their hands or with the strap breaking.

If that's you, please contact me. You can reach me at [email]twolverton@mercurynews.com[/email].

Thanks!

Troy

Posted by Dexter

Be sure to mention the incredible journey you went through in order to find someone who've actually had a problem with the straps. Out of all the members here, I don't think any of them have had problems losing their Wiimotes due to the straps.